PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's playoff performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be a good day for the mods to step in and ban the trolls. I really don't think anyone in here wants to put up with the garbage that borg and texx and their like throw out there. Neither is a fan of this team and both are only in here to piss people off.

If you look objectively at it, Brady hasn't played well in the playoffs in some time. He certainly hasn't been an elite level playoff performer of late ..... and that is what is expected from a guy that is in GOAT consideration.

ironically for him, or any other QB really, to win more, they have to be asked to do less.

Too many Patriot fans seem to forget the fact that last year's offense was the 4th best offense in NFL history.

Short memories, and typical of many on this board. There is a ridiculous expectation of perfection and titles every year, and a snarling desire to tear the team and its membership down after losses during and at the end of the season. Not criticism, but blame and this belief that there are better available players out there who could close this out (Rodgers - where is he? Brees - same question. They are great, and Brady loses playoff games. Good logic there. Something of a double standard.)

Brady is great, and I absolutely believe he is the GOAT. Runs like this, with what many would consider a cast of extras, do not diminish that belief. He played a good game, not a great game, so let's blame him for the Super Bowl drought by citing playoff losses without regard to the teams those losses represent. Let's forget that he was not gifted this game with all that happened this year, and all it took to get to the AFC Championship. If the Pats lost next week to a talented and healthy Hawks team, it would be the same blame casting exercise.

At times, I would love to see a return to the Patsies days, because current fans may appreciate what they have seen here if they became fans in 2001. I do appreciate the run of years and all Brady represents, so I do not wish to endure that at this time.

Love Brady and have often argued for him as the GOAT but he flat out sucked yesterday. What made Brady great from the beginning was taking what was there and not forcing the play, yesterday was the opposite of that, as he repeatedly passed up open receivers to try and force the ball into guys who were covered. The worst example of that was when they really needed a first down to keep the drive going on their second series and he passed up a wide open receiver across the middle who would have gotten the first and then some to force the ball downfield to Mathew frigging Slater. It was a Bledsoe decision if i ever saw one and it really pissed me off.

I expect Brady to come back strong again next season but he has got to get back to what made him great when the play-offs roll around. take the open guy and run the offense to perfection. I will agree with anyone who says he was short on weapons and they need to give him more to play with but that really doesn't excuse the decsiions he made yesterday and how bad he played. I hate to say he sucked but he really did. on the other so did pretty much everyone else.

If you look objectively at it, Brady hasn't played well in the playoffs in some time. He certainly hasn't been an elite level playoff performer of late ..... and that is what is expected from a guy that is in GOAT consideration.

His playoff stats are as good as anybody's since 2007.

2006-7:
1st round: Great
2nd round: Bad
3rd round: Great

2007-8:
2nd round: mediocre, 1st half good, 2nd half bad.
3rd round: OK super Bowl, lead team to go ahead TD with 2 minutes to play

2009-2010
1st round: Bad

2010-2011

2011-2012
SB: Pretty good, tied all-time record for consecutive completions with 17

2012-2013

This year:
1st round: As good as it needed to be, not bad at all.
2nd round: relatively bad, but certainly hampered.

Peyton Manning had a great day yesterday, his best ever if you ask me. That being said, his stats over this same period are worse than Brady's. His win in 2007 Super Bowl was during a pretty bad run of TDs to Interceptions and a low playoff rating. All these stats need to be put into the context of QBs ratings dropping in the playoffs.

I am curious now after one of your prior posts - what team are you a fan of? You seem to surface during the bad times with uplifting observations like these. Even a weak fan of the team would appear to have something positive to say occasionally, and by that I don't mean "I am positive the Pats are going to lose."

I don't live in the sheltered world of "Brady can do no wrong." Sorry....but I actually see flaws in his game. Being objective has little to do with level of fandom. Sorry I am not able to "uplift" you in your fragile state. Go find another anonymous poster to fill that need for you.

I find it hysterical that when brady plays bad he's "human" but when peyton plays bad he's a choker. The he's "human" argument has got to be one of the worst arguments I have ever seen used in my life. Everybody is human! So whenever someone plays bad its ok because they are human afterall? Or does this just pertain to brady?

Boggles my mind that people are still just now realizing that borg is a troll.

I don't live in the sheltered world of "Brady can do no wrong." Sorry....but I actually see flaws in his game. Being objective has little to do with level of fandom. Sorry I am not able to "uplift" you in your fragile state. Go find another anonymous poster to fill that need for you.

And out from under the bridge he comes, no surprise there, completely expected in fact. The mods really need to send you packing, you contribute absolutely nothing and only come here to piss people off. I am sure their loss yesterday gave you wood and you spanked that tiny little nub into oblivion, congratulations on the Patriots loss.

One word: Mediocre

or as obnoxious bostonians would say "Mediokah"

I agree and I think that's as much criticism as anyone has attached to Brady in this thread. yet we have overly protective and sensitive fans getting their jimmies rustled. This is not hating, this is facts

You know brady has to be protected at all times. We should never acknowledge when he has a bad game because you know..........he's human. :rolleyes:

His playoff stats are as good as anybody's since 2007.

2006-7:
3rd round: Great

2007-8:
2nd round: mediocre, 1st half good, 2nd half bad.
3rd round: OK super Bowl, lead team to go ahead TD with 2 minutes to play

2009-2010

2010-2011

2011-2012
SB: Pretty good, tied all-time record for consecutive completions with 17

2012-2013

This year:
1st round: As good as it needed to be, not bad at all.
2nd round: relatively bad, but certainly hampered.

Peyton Manning had a great day yesterday, his best ever if you ask me. That being said, his stats over this same period are worse than Brady's. His win in 2007 Super Bowl was during a pretty bad run of TDs to Interceptions and a low playoff rating. All these stats need to be put into the context of QBs ratings dropping in the playoffs.

I suppose my mind's focus is on the less than impressive scoring outputs in those playoff losses dating back to that '07 season. I read last week that in those 5 playoff losses leading up to yesterday's game, the Pats offense only once scored more than 20 points a single time. Add just 16 yesterday, and it only adds to the futility.

Boggles my mind that people are still just now realizing that borg is a troll.

It boggles my mind that he is allowed to come in here and troll when he has never contributed anything to this forum other than lame attempts to piss people off whenever he sees an opening. Thinking critically and being honest about your team is fine, there are plenty of Patriot fans who do that and see the team differently than the "homers"/optimists do, however it is easy to spot them from the trolls because they discuss all aspects of the team and are positive about the things they see as positive, and even though i am no fan of deus i think he can be considered in that category, he's a Patriots fan who is consistently critical, but he is a fan and not a troll. The trolls, like borg and Texx only show up to take a crap, piss people off, and then kick back to enjoy it and enjoy it when they succeed. I'm fine with critical but i think the trolls should be banned permanently. I fully expected borg in here this morning looking to push buttons and piss everyone off, unfortunately he has gotten away with it to this point.

Easiest to blame the QB from the loss .He missed some throws, was off ,but look at the crew he had and the defense.but its an easy narrative to write to blame the QB like a miracle worker like this idiot

Buckley: Tom Brady far from terrific | Boston Herald

In the here and now, though, Tom Brady is the quarterback who has made an awkward mid-career stumble from bride to bridesmaid. Draw a line through his career and he’s the guy who used to be box office in these games, and now is a natty, well-groomed Charlie Brown, the ball always being yanked away from him at that crucial moment.

He is, until he proves otherwise, the Hall-bound quarterback who now can’t win the Big Game. And that’s a cold, hard football fact.

All true!! But nobody gets a pass and has excuses made for him like Brady does and it's simply not warranted anymore.
Tom Brady has been a mediocre playoff QB for the past 5, 6, 7+ years.

As Steve Martin would say "excuuuuuuse me!..for making the playoffs every freakin year no matter what i have to work with."

Maybe you should route for one of those teams that never has a less than perfect playoff performance like Jacksonville, Cleveland...

Not fragile at all, Borg, as I can see all that this team has done and don't suffer after losses. My coping weapon is almost 40 years of perspective as a fan of the team, having gone to games when the team finished with its worst record ever.

As I cannot recall you actually paying the team a compliment in any one of your posts, and I see you have been posting here since 2004, I thought it was a reasonable question on your allegiance. I post on the site of one team, and I can both applaud and criticize the team and players. I did so in this thread. The post just isn't entirely negative and celebratory of the fact he came up short in his last game.

If you in fact show up like the Grim Reaper to revel consistently after the team's misfortune/failures and have been here since the team's last Super Bowl, then you are either the world's lousiest fan or need to find a better way to spend your free time (specifically on the site of the team that you do like). If you want to play psychology and discuss the fragile psyche, Freud et al would have a field day analyzing the person who spend inordinate blocks of time from his/her life denigrating others. The answer is not objectivity or clarity of thought as you claim, but if denial works for you then go with it.

But, hey, if I am wrong, link me to the thread in which you offer a complimentary post directed to the Pats. I don't claim to read everything on the site, so I could be mistaken and you could have prior posts that objectively cite to the good as well as the bad.

You can blame (partially) Brady for a couple of losses from the last 7 years, but i don't think you can blame him for that one. First of all, he had no above average weapons this time, second, the Broncos D played really, really well. Everybody blasted that D this year, but people forgot it was an elite, top 5 defense last season. They had that kind of performance in them.

The hack fits right in with this thread.

Points scored in Pats playoff losses last 5 years.
'14.....16
'13.....13
'12.....17
'11.....21
'10.....14
Yeah....what a hack. How dare he point out the obvious that Brady has come up pretty small in the final game each of the past 5 years.

Has anyone noticed how Brady's playoff performance has declined since his SB years? He has rarely come up in the clutch for us since 2005. Is he getting a free pass now because of those 4 early years?

2005- Throws near pick 6 and loses vs Denver

2006- Throws 3 picks vs Chargers and gets baiiled out. Loses 18 point halftime lead and throws pick to end the game

2007- Mediocre game vs Chargers. Only puts up 14 vs an average Giants defense despite having the record for most points scored ever.

2009- Lays an egg vs Baltimore at home

2010- Repeats the previous years performance vs the Jets at home

2011- Only puts up 17 points vs Giants and throws a critical 4th quarter INT

2012- Awful game vs Baltimore

2013- Gets outplayed by Manning and misses crucial deep balls to open receivers

The offense averaged 17.8 PPG in those 8 losses.

People here trying to find fault with TB need to get a grip. The offensive game plan sucked yesterday. He missed a couple throws badly but no QB is perfect. Where were last years SB champs? That's right out on the golf course. is it Brady's fault Welker took a cheap shot at Talib and knocked him out of the game? nope. Our offense as a whole was bad yesterday and that goes back to the game plan. That is set up by McD and there is where the majority of the blame belongs. I have been saying for a few years now that we will not win a SB with him at OC and I am being proven right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back