PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's Playing in the AT&T Pro-Am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanfrom1960

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Guess the hernia doesn't affect his golf swing.

Played over three courses, including Poppy Hills and Spyglass Hill, the tournament formerly known as "The Crosby Clambake" will be loaded with stars, as usual. Headlining the celebrity flight are New England Patriots quarterback and Super Bowl MVP Tom Brady, comedians Ray Romano, George Lopez and Bill Murray, Donald Trump and Justin Timberlake. PGA Tour star Phil Mickelson is back to defend his 2005 title against a stellar field scheduled to include past champions Vijay Singh, Davis Love III and Mark O'Meara.

http://www.pga.com/news/tours/pga-tour/18_holes_with020806.cfm

Didn't BB play in this one last year?

PATSNUTme said:
Didn't BB play in this one last year?

Quite possible. This is THE celebrity participating tourney. It was 80º in Monterey yesterday! But I didn't get there. :mad:

I think this is Tommy's third trip in 5 years. He nearly won it in 2001 but his pro partner (Parnavik) spit the bit. He played again I think in 2004 but very tired off a SB and played like crap. He usually likes to spend a couple of weeks home with the folks chillin' right after the season and time permitting he and his Dad are avid golf partners. He'll be back here soon enough for his little "procedure" and won't be swinging the clubs much thereafter.

I'm glad he's not out in Hawaii. I'm already sick of watching NFL Network hosts guffaw over Chad Johnson's interviewing antics while neglecting to ask him about his halftime playoff antics. Playing celebrity golf is a far better way for our Tommy to constructively waste time in his off season, rather than backing up Manning in his annual post-postseason choke, blitz free, image rehabbing game. :rolleyes:

MoLewisrocks said:
I think this is Tommy's third trip in 5 years. He nearly won it in 2001 but his pro partner (Parnavik) spit the bit. He played again I think in 2004 but very tired off a SB and played like crap. He usually likes to spend a couple of weeks home with the folks chillin' right after the season and time permitting he and his Dad are avid golf partners. He'll be back here soon enough for his little "procedure" and won't be swinging the clubs much thereafter.

I'm glad he's not out in Hawaii. I'm already sick of watching NFL Network hosts guffaw over Chad Johnson's interviewing antics while neglecting to ask him about his halftime playoff antics. Playing celebrity golf is a far better way for our Tommy to constructively waste time in his off season, rather than backing up Manning in his annual post-postseason choke, blitz free, image rehabbing game. :rolleyes:

Amen to all of the above.
Especially the last bit - Tom Brady is a back up QB to NO ONE...especially a Manning!

MoLewisrocks said:

Found out this morning that Tom's father, Tom Sr. is also playing in the pro-am. Both Tom's were on KNBR today before teeing off. Tom Sr. sounds similar to Tom but with a deeper voice. Speaks a lot about Tom's popularity that even his Dad was invited to play in the tournament. They are playing Spyglass today, a course at which I've had my own little shop of horrors. One over par after five, then about 20 over the rest of the way. Great course beyond description though, as is Pebble Beach.

rather than backing up Manning in his annual post-postseason choke, blitz free, image rehabbing game.

F'ing A right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey