• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Was Mr. Rogers a bigger influence on Brady's generation? Or, was Captain Kangaroo a greater influence on Belichick's generation?

Now, I'm from Belichick's generation and Captain Kangaroo had no influence on me. In fact , I thought Mr Greeen Jeans was kind of a perv.

Last edited:
In Boston we had Major Mudd. He was great, so I never watched Captain Kanageroo. And I hated Mr. Rogers because he was such a goody-two shoes. I only watched him because he came on before ZOOM (Box 350, Boston, MA 02134.)

Last edited:
The Captain and Mr Rogers would have pretty much influenced the same generation. I doubt Tom Brady has ever seen either of them.

Hoodie said:
In Boston we had Major Mudd. He was great, so I never watched Captain Kanageroo. And I hated Mr. Rogers because he was such a goody-two shoes. I only watched him because he came on before ZOOM (Box 350, Boston, MA 02134.)

Thanks a lot Hoodie. I've got that song in my head now. :mad:

"Come on and zoom zoom zoom-a-zoom..."

Gotta say the Captain, back in the 50's there wsn't as much media, no cable and so on Mr Rogers had to deal with the Muppets and a wider variety of competition. Mr Rogers had to be 1 tough cookies to compete with those Muppets, and don't forget Barney trying to take him down later, vicious stuff. All the Capt had to deal with was Bozo the clown, who was a walkover.

Capt K ruled his day more than Mr Rogers.

TNPatsFan said:
The Captain and Mr Rogers would have pretty much influenced the same generation. I doubt Tom Brady has ever seen either of them.

I don't think so. CK was on the 50 and trough the 60's before MR came to be.

MR started in the 70's and by the early 80's CK was gone. So one was in Brady's adolecence and the other was in BB's. Could have been so me minor overlap.

I was more of a Romper Room type of gal..... I used to get really ticked off if the chick hosting the show didn't see me in her magic mirror!!

Maybe BB is a little too young but CK's main competitor was Howdy Doody.

Howdy and Buffalo Bob (Bills fan?) and Clarabell (jest fan?)

Dilly Dally reminds me of a certain poster on this board.:singing:

PATSNUTme said:
I don't think so. CK was on the 50 and trough the 60's before MR came to be.

MR started in the 70's and by the early 80's CK was gone. So one was in Brady's adolecence and the other was in BB's. Could have been so me minor overlap.

The 'Roo was also still going throughout the 1970s, daily winding up his giant box of toothpaste that played the jingle "Colgate fluoride MFP/Helps prevent a cavity/And it tastes great naturally!"

Mr. Rogers began on PBS in the 1960s, and had done a similar show even earlier but with less reach than PBS gave him.

This thread is of questionable quality, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to point out that Mr. Rogers was a hero.

shakadave said:
The 'Roo was also still going throughout the 1970s, daily winding up his giant box of toothpaste that played the jingle "Colgate fluoride MFP/Helps prevent a cavity/And it tastes great naturally!"

Mr. Rogers began on PBS in the 1960s, and had done a similar show even earlier but with less reach than PBS gave him.

This thread is of questionable quality, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to point out that Mr. Rogers was a hero.

But, didn't Mr. Rogers become "hot' in the 80's? Where Roo was about over by the mid 70's.

Otherwise, this thread would have been meaningless.:rofl:

Geez, we really are running out of stuff to talk about...

CheerforTom said:
Geez, we really are running out of stuff to talk about...

Well this was pulled out of the groove yard of forgotten threads.

However, it was intended to be a thread that explores the possilble influences on our HC & QB.:rolleyes:

PATSNUTme said:
But, didn't Mr. Rogers become "hot' in the 80's? Where Roo was about over by the mid 70's.

Otherwise, this thread would have been meaningless.:rofl:

That was kind of my point in my earlier post. I grew up in the 70's watching both Fred and the Captain (although I didn't watch Fred that much. those puppets gave me the creeps.). But I think they were both pretty much done by the 80's.

Anyway, let's let this thread go back to sleep.

Hoodie said:

Don't forget Willie Whistle from Channel 38. Back in the day when Channel 38 was known for Bruins game, Million dollar movies ( introduced by what's his name) and Willie....Boy am I aging myself..................

I think the local versions were far more interesting. I grew up in Keloland watching Captain 11, today's man of the future.

Patsfanin Philly said:
Don't forget Willie Whistle from Channel 38. Back in the day when Channel 38 was known for Bruins game, Million dollar movies ( introduced by what's his name) and Willie....Boy am I aging myself..................

Dana Hersey was the host of the Movie Loft. I remember Willie too!

Patsfanin Philly said:

Mr. Whistle was seldom able to convey a thought clearly and concisely. I was more of an Uncle Gus man.

Idiots!...any self respecting Pats fan loved the Merry Magpies, Heckyll and Jeckyll

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back