PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady SHOULD be willing to give the Pats two more years at 15M per with no signing bonus. Just guarantee next year's and then spread that over the remaining and his cap hit would go down.

Brady has made enough money from them and he hasn't won a SB in how many years? Not saying he shouldn't be well paid, but 15M is pretty well paid even by NFL standards. I think he wants a ring more than money at this point anyway.

If current reports are true, you win at least half a prize. The numbers aren't back yet but, if Peter King's tweet is correct, you were underselling the amount Brady left on the table.

I can't speak about the exact numbers, guarantees or bonuses, but you called this pretty well, and several of us were very hard on you (none harder than me). So, nevermind the SHOULD.... He reportedly HAS, and while you didn't actually call it, you called for it, which is close enough to deserve a "Good job you, bad job me" from me.

If current reports are true, you win at least half a prize. The numbers aren't back yet but, if Peter King's tweet is correct, you were underselling the amount Brady left on the table.

I can't speak about the exact numbers, guarantees or bonuses, but you called this pretty well, and several of us were very hard on you (none harder than me). So, nevermind the SHOULD.... He reportedly HAS, and while you didn't actually call it, you called for it, which is close enough to deserve a "Good job you, bad job me" from me.

Cap number Peter King is reporting

2013: $13.8 million.
2014: $14.8 million.
2015: $13 million.
2016: $14 million.
2017: $15 million.

Read More: Tom Brady, New England Patriots agree on three-year extension - NFL - Peter King - SI.com

Bradys extension should have been obvious. Not sure how I didn't see this coming.

This is a game changer. I'm assuming this assures Welker is back. That gives us our two starting receivers (though I still am of the belief I'd rather spend that money elsewhere and deal with a cheaper option).

That leaves us what, 18 million in cap (is that with or without 5 million rollover from last year???) to sign draft picks (~4 million) and then 14 more to fix our secondary and get a pass rusher. Of course draft picks will also contribute to that.

Heck now we can even sign Melton at 10 million per year and still feel pretty comfortable fixing our secondary with three good draft picks and 8 million in cap space.

Flacco is asking for 20+ million this year. Brady's extension is essentially accepting 27 million in new money over 3 years. For those in third grade, that's 9 million per year that Brady asked for.

Brees asking price: 28 per year
Flacco's asking price: 25 per year
Peyton's asking price: 21 per year
Sanchez's asking price: 13 per year

Tom Brady's asking price: 9 million per year

Can a cap expert explain something to me?

How much does Brady actually get paid each of the next 5 years? Not the cap hit but salary paid? I see the listing out of hit to the cap per Peter King.

My understanding is his original deal was $22M each of the next two years. So he tacked on 3 years and $27 million to that deal, so it's 5 years at $71Million which is about 14Mill a year, similar to what the cap hits break out to.

So then, are his new cap hit numbers what he is making?

Thanks!

Can a cap expert explain something to me?

How much does Brady actually get paid each of the next 5 years? Not the cap hit but salary paid? I see the listing out of hit to the cap per Peter King.

My understanding is his original deal was $22M each of the next two years. So he tacked on 3 years and $27 million to that deal, so it's 5 years at $71Million which is about 14Mill a year, similar to what the cap hits break out to.

So then, are his new cap hit numbers what he is making?

Thanks!

Basically close to a 5 yr 60 million dollar deal with it all. Plus all guaranteed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes