PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's consumer appeal nosedives

Status
Not open for further replies.
ummm.....if anyone was wondering if there is going to be a defamation lawsuit, they can stop wondering

• Agree
Reactions: JJC
Damages = proven. Lies = proven. Now they're just a "malicious intent" away from the defamation trifecta.

I am sick of this story. I want to escape, I may skip NFL this year. If the NFL wants a real scandal, they should just wait, they will trip over themselves very soon.

I an going to temper my expectations about what Brady will do until I see it . Not comparing him to kraft in anyway but I felt bob would also sue the league last week until he folded . As outsiders we don't know what deals and promises are being made so I would wait and see if Brady actually files for defamation because that would probably subpoena phones etc and he and his lawyers will do a lot of thinking before this. There is also his relationship with kraft which all said and done is always going to be personal after 15 yrs so he may have a choice to make going against the nfl unless bob has already given his silent blessings to it.

The poll was done before Kraft's announcement. Keep on blaming him though.

Who decides these things? Juries or judges?

Not sure what you're asking, but it's up to whoever is deciding the trial. The standard, though, is whether or not whoever is sued knew they were spreading crap, or otherwise showed "reckless disregard" for the truth.

Not sure what you're asking, but it's up to whoever is deciding the trial. The standard, though, is whether or not whoever is sued knew they were spreading crap, or otherwise showed "reckless disregard" for the truth.
You mean like, oh, say, spreading leaks about false pressure data when you knew the actual measurements?

I'm asking who decides the trial. I suspect if judges decide then the difference between actual malice and any other sort of malice has distinction and meaning. If it's juries deciding than the term is likely meaningless. The jury would probably just vote on whether someone got screwed and won't care about parsing legal definitions.

It feels kinda wrong cheering for Brady's suspension to be upheld and to see him suffer tangible damage to his reputation. But here we are, thanks Kraft.

It feels kinda wrong cheering for Brady's suspension to be upheld and to see him suffer tangible damage to his reputation. But here we are, thanks Kraft.

Strictly speaking, being called a cheater could be defamation per se, which means he doesn't need to prove damages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back