PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady's career passing TD total

Status
Not open for further replies.

GostkowSKI

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
With 2 TD passes on Monday night, that'll give him 250 for his career, making him the 14th QB ever to hit that milestone.

With 3 TD passes, he'd tie none other than Drew Bledsoe for 13th on the all time list.

Seems odd that he's still behind Bledsoe, but it took Drew 193 career starts to get to 251 where TB is currently at 138.

With 2 TD passes on Monday night, that'll give him 250 for his career, making him the 14th QB ever to hit that milestone.

With 3 TD passes, he'd tie none other than Drew Bledsoe for 13th on the all time list.

Seems odd that he's still behind Bledsoe, but it took Drew 193 career starts to get to 251 where TB is currently at 138.

Drew also had 206 interceptions. Tom would have to average 1.87 interceptions per game for those 55 games to catch him. I hate volume stats on their own. When you balance off somebody like Favre's TDs with his interceptions it's not that spectacular.

The NFL record for passes attempted without an INT will take some doing. Tom is now at 199.

top 3:
1) 308 Bernie Kosar, Cleveland, 1990-91
2) 294 Bart Starr, Green Bay, 1964-65
3) 279 Jeff George, Indianapolis, 1993; Atlanta, 1994

The Jeff George streak is amazing to me- my memory is of him being very reckless with the football and of course an awful leader

Last edited:
I think he will hit the 14 milestone instead of the 13th milestone.

The NFL record for passes attempted without an INT will take some doing. Tom is now at 199.

top 3:
1) 308 Bernie Kosar, Cleveland, 1990-91
2) 294 Bart Starr, Green Bay, 1964-65
3) 279 Jeff George, Indianapolis, 1993; Atlanta, 1994

The Jeff George streak is amazing to me- my memory is of him being very reckless with the football and of course an awful leader

Wow I am imressed with these numbers . I found Brady pretty good already but thats basically three more games without an INT. Seems unlikely given that we face the Jets, Bears and Pack in these.

Wow I am imressed with these numbers . I found Brady pretty good already but thats basically three more games without an INT. Seems unlikely given that we face the Jets, Bears and Pack in these.
Agree.

Nice to have records, but wins are better and I'm sure TB would agree.

Agree.

Nice to have records, but wins are better and I'm sure TB would agree.

Wins without mistakes are better though! It's all a matter of how long brady can stay on fire like he has been. I wouldn't want to mess with him atm, thats for sure.

I'm amazed by the Bart Starr numbers. he didn't throw a pic for a whole year? 63-65 covers parts of 3 NFL seasons?

I'm amazed by the Bart Starr numbers. he didn't throw a pic for a whole year? 63-65 covers parts of 3 NFL seasons?

The Bart Starr streak is indeed amazing. He played in an era when quarterbacks regularly threw more interceptions than touchdowns, and (roughly) averaged a pick once every eighteen attempts, i.e. one a game.

Not a whole year- it covered part of 1964 and part of 1965. In 1964 he threw 4 INTs but they were apparently all early in the year, then he continued the strak into 1965 when he eventually threw 9 INTs.

His lowest INT% year was actually 1966 (3 picks all year, 1.2%).

Bart Starr NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Tom is currently having his best year in terms of INT% (1.1%)

Tom Brady NFL & AFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Amazing is that Tom's 50 TD season in 2007 featured an INT% of 1.4%, as opposed to 2.0% for Peyton in his 49 TD year, and 3.0% for Dan Marino in his 48 TD year.

How Jeff George ever put together a streak of 279 attempts without a pick is simply amazing, given that in that same season (1994) he had 23 touchdowns and a whopping 18 interceptions, with a 3.4% interception rate (similar to Jay Cutler's career INT% rate of 3.5).

He must have had major steaks of severe complete suckiness both before and after his hot streak to wind up with such bad numbers for the season as a whole.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GeorJe00.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back