Brady's 27 4th quarter comebacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horace Ivory

Rookie
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe that Tom's 27 4th quarter comebacks include playoffs. If that is the case then since the day he replaced Drew as starting quarterback we are 27-26 in games in which we were losing in the 4th quarter. In other words we were losing 53 games in the 4th in the Brady era and he has found a way to win OVER half of them.

Very impressive. To sum up... Tom Brady is the man!

Last edited:
You are correct!

AMAZING :)

Also impressive that NE has scored TDs on their comebacks in all three games this year. Including two against Indy.

Didn't people used to scoff at Brady's comebacks because they always ended with a FG?

Correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe that Tom's 27 4th quarter comebacks include playoffs. If that is the case then since the day he replaced Drew as starting quarterback we are 27-26 in games in which we were losing in the 4th quarter. In other words we were losing 53 games in the 4th in the Brady era and he has found a way to win OVER half of them.

Very impressive. To sum up... Tom Brady is the man!
That seems like a high number. Are you sure that doesn't include TIE games as well as games we're behind in the 4th qtr?

If the Emperor Palatine builds another Death Star and Luke Skywalker is not available, I'd feel perfectly safe with Tom Brady in the Federation fighter.

I thought it was 21? I could be wrong.

21...Plummer, Favre, and Manning have 18. But it's possible that those were just regular season numbers, which could account for a difference.

Last edited:
That seems like a high number. Are you sure that doesn't include TIE games as well as games we're behind in the 4th qtr?

You are correct, that would include games in which we were tied. Still pretty impressive.

I think 21 must be the regular season comebacks and 27 is all of them. I got the 27 from the "Moss ignores criticism" article in todays Herald.

From Patriots.com under the player index notes:

"Brady has orchestrated 24 game-winning drives to break a tie or take the lead in the fourth quarter or overtime. Six of his game-winning efforts have come in the postseason, where he has played in 14 games."

This was prior to 2007, so add the 3 come-backs from this year and you have 27 total.

BTW...why would you NOT count the playoff victories? It SHOULD be the total number especially since some qb's don't get to play in the playoff and that's what set's Brady apart. Yup, you gotta count all of 'em!

http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=playerbio&bio=566

Last edited:
Also impressive that NE has scored TDs on their comebacks in all three games this year. Including two against Indy.

Didn't people used to scoff at Brady's comebacks because they always ended with a FG?

No. "people" didn't scoff at the comebacks...only Colts fans.....:cool:

By SHALISE MANZA YOUNG
Journal Sports Writer

BALTIMORE – Tom Brady’s eye-popping pace has slowed a bit, but he’s still getting some impressive marks.

Last night, he had his 40th and 41st touchdown passes of the season, making him just the fourth player in NFL history with at least 40 TDs, following Peyton Manning, Dan Marino (who did it twice) and Kurt Warner.

Brady also got his 27th career fourth-quarter comeback win, and second in as many weeks. He is also 29-5 in games where the final margin is a touchdown or less.

More Brady numbers:

He’s 46-16 on the road; 34-2 on artificial turf; and 42-8 on games played Thanksgiving or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back