PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Wins AFC Player of the Month; Gostkowski wins ST player of month

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I know there's posters here who dismiss this accolade as insignificant, but keep in mind Brady was supposed to be suspended for the month of September. Yet instead he's the AFC Offensive Player of the Month. So cherish this as a victory for the Pats!

Last edited:
Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 3m3 minutes ago
Patriots QB Tom Brady named AFC Offensive Player of Month by NFL. K Stephen Gostkowski named AFC Special Teams Player of Month.

From the NFL tool media:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago
The @NFL names #Patriots QB Tom Brady offensive player of the month. I’d imagine that quiets a few conspiracy theories.

Oh Shutup.
Oh Shutup is right...who would the runner-up be here? There's no way they could justify picking anyone else.

From the NFL tool media:

The @NFL names #Patriots QB Tom Brady offensive player of the month. I’d imagine that quiets a few conspiracy theories.

Oh Shutup.
Ha, was there even any competition for this? There are only like two or three other offensive players (Rodgers, Palmer, Jones, MAYBE Peterson but that would be a stretch) who were even comparably impressive in September, and they were all in the NFC. Dalton is the only guy in the AFC who I can think of who had a super impressive September, and his stats are significantly worse than Brady's (6% worse completion percentage, nearly a hundred fewer yards per game, an extra interception, one less TD pass, and less impressive overall team offense). Credit goes to the NFL for choosing the completely obvious player for a meaningless award I guess?

Gronkowski? I think Tom earned it more if if theu really were in a screw Brady mindset gronk could have gotten it. Still agree with the conspiracy theories to some point.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 3m3 minutes ago
Patriots QB Tom Brady named AFC Offensive Player of Month by NFL. K Stephen Gostkowski named AFC Special Teams Player of Month.

From the NFL tool media:

Oh Shutup.

Breer spouting the same line. I can picture the two of them sitting in starbucks on their macbooks with their Grande Lattes, feet kicked up, wearing sandals with socks on "hey ...i just had the best line, wanna tweet it with me bab-- bro?"

Meanwhile, Ryan Allen has taken up crocheting on the bench.
Allen is a phenomenal punter and Cardona will only make him better. At some point this season they will need him and when that happens I am looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Allen is a phenomenal punter and Cardona will only make him better. At some point this season they will need him and when that happens I am looking forward to seeing what he can do.

I like when our punter is "benched". It's a pretty revolutionary tactic we're employing that eliminates the need for one.

Wow, two Patriot players received an honour !! This must have killed Goddell.....but even he can't dispute their greatness . This is so ironic and I love it.

Gronkowski? I think Tom earned it more if if theu really were in a screw Brady mindset gronk could have gotten it. Still agree with the conspiracy theories to some point.
Brady cares as much about a player of the month as he would about a free donut with his coffee.

Brady cares as much about a player of the month as he would about a free donut with his coffee.

I don't know about that -- the man's human. I'd bet that donut that being named player of the month for the month that Roger tried to keep him off the field feels pretty sweet to him.

That must have been a very very tough decision to make.
And that just makes me smile.

What a story.

I don't know about that -- the man's human. I'd bet that donut that being named player of the month for the month that Roger tried to keep him off the field feels pretty sweet to him.
I think the 3 wins and knowing how he is playing means a lot, and the recognition is nothing to him. Just my feeling.

I think under normal circumstances he could give two but this one he had to at least acknowledge the irony and crack a grin.

In the bowels of Madison where the "NFL Stupid Trust" resides, Roger Goodell quietly slips to the basement and bites his knuckle as hard as he can and then screams that mother.. f..ker!!

images

This is his 8th time winning, I think he really cares about winning the SB and making Goodell hand him the lombardi

I like when our punter is "benched". It's a pretty revolutionary tactic we're employing that eliminates the need for one.
BB is freeing up a roster spot to bring in an extra corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back