PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady will eventually hold the most consecutive games with a TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon Brady! The GOAT would become even... GOATier!

Last edited:
So Brees' record ends at 54 games huh? Brady needs 11 to tie and 12 to pass. Pretty cool. I'd like to see more Lombardi trophies before any individual records though, and I'm sure Brady feels the same.

So playoffs don't count in this streak ?

I just hope that if it happens at home, they don't stop the game and do a little celebration. God, that was embarrassing.

I just hope that if it happens at home, they don't stop the game and do a little celebration. God, that was embarrassing.

Gee...that got me to thinking. I wonder if one of Drew Brees' four or five year old children will be in attendance, like Johnny U's son was at the record breaker in the Dome? :rolleyes: Or maybe the NFL could schedule the game during NO's Bye week so Brees can witness the feat. :)

Last edited:

This is one of the few personal and team records for which I'd stop a game. It's really an amazing accomplishment.

Don't get me wrong; I'm sure Brady would trade it for another ring, but it's extraordinary nonetheless to hold it. Not many NFL records stand for over half a century, as did Unitas' original record.

Last edited:
This is one of the few personal and team records for which I'd stop a game. It's really an amazing accomplishment.

Don't get me wrong; I'm sure Brady would trade it for another ring, but it's extraordinary nonetheless to hold it. Not many NFL records stand for over half a century, as did Unitas' original record.

Unitas' record is far more impressive though. These days a QB doesn't throw a TD he had a bad game.

completely forgetting that his undefeated 72 team has the same exact taint. Woops!

Can you go into some detail about the lost draft for the '72 Fish....never heard this before

When NFLN did a special on the "Top 10 NFL records that will never be broken," Unitas' record was #2. :)

That said, #1 is Don Shula's record of wins (328). That one, at least, looks secure for a while. [Even BB is about 150 wins back.]

Postgame last Thursday Rex Ryan vowed to break it

I have never seen any QB play for stats and records like Drew Brees does.The fact that his consecutive game with a TD streak came to an end must be devastating for the poor guy.

Amen.

In a tight, low scoring game, dude throws 50 times when his lead back is averaging 5 yds per carry. After the 4th INT, one would think that getting the W would be the most important aspect.

Head scratching, ain't it?

Last edited:

Johnny Unitas' much heralded record of 47 games was actually interrupted when he missed two games (November 9 and 16, 1958) due to injury...

Brees did not play in Week 17 of the 2009 Season when he was rested before the Playoffs

These facts should be more widely known. I posted it at profootballtalk, but the post got deleted.

The real record is 43, and it goes down this weekend.

Last edited:
who the hell cares about this stupid streak? i know brady dont. if he has 15 red-zone chances and 5-6 DB's on the goal-line he is giving all 15 balls to the RB. Brady is NOT that kind of QB.

i dont get the idea that everybody is hyped up from this streak, its useless and furthermore meanningless. i'd be really disappointed from brady if he will throw 50 (!!) passes in a game to be a leader of a streak that means SHIZ.

Exactly 128 wins behind. ;)

So if we go 8-0 to finish off the rest of this year, then go 19-0 six years in a row, he'd only be six games short.

Dang, that's a lot of wins.

Does that include postseason?

Last edited:
Amen.

In a tight, low scoring game, dude throws 50 times when his lead back is averaging 5 yds per carry. After the 4th INT, one would think that getting the W would be the most important aspect.

Head scratching, ain't it?

I don't know if it's Brees or the coaching but I didn't get that at all. The Saints running game was tearing them up and they just kept chucking it. They were only down 7 at one point, it was ridiculous.

This is a nice record... but would take another SB win any day of the week if I had my druthers...

As a side story to the egg-throwing incident,

Drew Brees was throwing eggs back at the Atlanta airport workers, however his aim was way off on all of the eggs that he threw. He kept trying, however, when he was told that he was approaching an egg-throwing record.

;)

I don't know if it's Brees or the coaching but I didn't get that at all. The Saints running game was tearing them up and they just kept chucking it. They were only down 7 at one point, it was ridiculous.

Honestly, THAT defines Drew Brees and the record more than anything else (even the fact about him playing more than half of his games in domes every year).

Well, that's Drew Brees for ya. Have you ever seen Brady or Manning keep throwing the ball all over the place when they are gashing the opponent running the football? Those guys don't care what the offense does, as long as it's moving the ball. Brees seemingly has this overwhelming desire to be the main reason for any success the Saints have on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down