PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady, "We'll Know By Mid-training Camp" On Comfort Level With New WRs

I cannot emphasize how true to form Brady's comment runs. Having been to Pats training camp since way back in the Smithfield days (miss the close up) there is one constant to Brady. He quickly develops an affinity or a distaste for a wideout, prime example being Chad Jackson. Against all the conventional wisdom here and to Patsfans uproar, I immediately declared Mr muscle a bust right in his 1st camp. Brady's distaste and disgust for the guy was apparent as he impatiently waved the moron to the correct position lining up. Almost never threw to the guy. Same story 2nd season summer camp. He'd be standing around yukking it up with the other soon to be cuts rather than watching how the other WRs lined up and ran their routes. Contrast this camp to the superb 1st camp of Deion Branch who even I could see was a playa. All that said I was also wrongly convinced that TE Daniel Graham was a stiff, not quite a bust, in his 1st summer camp as he dropped pass after pass and had a few (but not Chad like) problems lining up. But somehow Brady did not get POed at this kid. Graham went on to be a fine starting TE working hard to overcome initial hands of stone.

Correction: Of course Brady did not get POed at Daniel Graham in summer camp. Brady was in college. DUH!!!!

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back