PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady weighs in on possible extended season

Status
Not open for further replies.
People just hate change. Someone pulled 4 and 16 out of their ass and we have been stuck with it for a while now. Before that there were other arrangements but who cares. Somehow you all have become fixated on the "fact" that the current system is the best. News flash, if your point is to protect the players more we should cut down the number of games from 16 to 14 or 12, if the point is to get more games to watch we should raise it up. There are pluses and minuses to both, but to somehow think 16 is perfect is really kind of silly.

Furthermore, to take players or owners statements, when they are trying to negotiate a new bargaining arrangement at face value is completely idiotic.
+1 +1 +1. I am sure if the internet had existed 30 years ago, we would have see all the exact same arguments opposing the change from 6 and 14 to 4 and 16.

Yes, you are right. I am falsely remembering an interveiw that completely altered the way I perceived how teams determine ticket prices. I can only imagine what disorder I have that could so compeltely alter my memory of something that made such a big impression on me.
Well that is certainly a much more likely scenario than suggesting the interview took place, but you can't find it anywhere and not a single member of this forum remembers the interview either. Everytime one of the Krafts sneezes, it starts a thread in this forum. We got a 4 page thread on Bank of America's Patriots-Points program coming to an end. But when it comes to Jonathan Kraft allegedly discussing an issue as important as leaguewide ticket price policy, well... no one seems to remember that (except you).
And if you think Kraft won't speak for other owners (who he meets with on a regular basis) when a question is asked why HIS team has a certain practice... when it's a league wide practice, you're in for a rude awakening.
:rofl: :rofl: That's hilarious how you are trying to subtly shift away from your earlier statement and hope no one notices. You said "Krafts, as have almost every other owner, have said that..."

But you can't find any such interview from the Krafts or any other owner. So now you're trying to hold on to your claim that the Krafts said it, and that they somehow magically represent all the other owners. :rofl: :rofl:
After pondering the total lack of crowd noise at Gillette, I now believe that a majority of the ST holders that you spoke with would want a 2/18 vs a 4/16 season to maximize the perceived value of their season tickets. You girls have to work on your golf clap. But, as you probably didn't notice, a poll of football fans just conducted on this site was overwhelmingly opposed to an 18 game season.
Yeah, this is the type of paragraph where you are admitting defeat. By desperately trying to shift the discussion from an interview that never took place that only you heard from the voices in your head to the lack of crowd noise at Gillette, it's pretty much an admission that you were wrong.

Last edited:
Well that is certainly a much more likely scenario than suggesting the interview took place, but you can't find it anywhere and not a single member of this forum remembers the interview either. Everytime one of the Krafts sneezes, it starts a thread in this forum. We got a 4 page thread on Bank of America's Patriots-Points program coming to an end. But when it comes to Jonathan Kraft allegedly discussing an issue as important as leaguewide ticket price policy, well... no one seems to remember that (except you).
:rofl: :rofl: That's hilarious how you are trying to subtly shift away from your earlier statement and hope no one notices. You said "Krafts, as have almost every other owner, have said that..."

But you can't find any such interview from the Krafts or any other owner. So now you're trying to hold on to your claim that the Krafts said it, and that they somehow magically represent all the other owners. :rofl: :rofl:
Yeah, this is the type of paragraph where you are admitting defeat. By desperately trying to shift the discussion from an interview that never took place that only you heard from the voices in your head to the lack of crowd noise at Gillette, it's pretty much an admission that you were wrong.

Defeat? You're correct. I was trying to educate but failed. I admit it. You're not the first to throw accusations rather listen and learn. It happens. I just hope that you were one of the ST holders, dressed like you're out for a day of golf instead of watching a football game, whom I totally offended while "cheering to loud" when the Pats defense was on the field.

Defeat? You're correct. I was trying to educate but failed. I admit it. You're not the first to throw accusations rather listen and learn.
Education usually involves the exchange of facts, knowledge and ideas. Education never involves making up a phantom interview that never happened that only you heard from the voices in your head.

If the entire foundation of your argument relies on an event that never took place, then the whole argument crumbles.

I just hope that you were one of the ST holders, dressed like you're out for a day of golf instead of watching a football game, whom I totally offended while "cheering to loud" when the Pats defense was on the field.
Yup. Continue trying to derail this thread into a discussion of Gillette Stadium noise. It's probably your best strategy.

+1 +1 +1. I am sure if the internet had existed 30 years ago, we would have see all the exact same arguments opposing the change from 6 and 14 to 4 and 16.

One of the biggest issues in the NFL right now is concussions and player's health after their careers are done. To try and increase the amount of games a player has to play in a year - right now, of all times, is completely asinine. The sport is so violent, and the players are so ridiculously big and athletic - two more games is too much danger.

I'm not so sure that would be the "smart" thing to do because I imagine DirecTV would be pretty upset if the NFL did that.

DirecTV has a monpoly on the Sunday Ticket and they pay through the teeth for their monopoly.

i think it would be smart because the current system cannibalizes their own sport for short-term profit.

i do not live in NE. i will not change my cable provider and pay $300 to watch NE's games. it just isn't worth it to me. as a result my football fandom has waned over the years since moving away.

i'm just as big a baseball fan now as i was 10-15 years ago because through Extra Innings and mlb.tv following the Sox outside of NE is easy.

i guess they don't have to cater to people like me, and we're not that big of a sample. but why turn us away when they don't have to?

i think it would be smart because the current system cannibalizes their own sport for short-term profit.
Well, it's "short term profit" that they've been receiving for about 20 years now if we include all the way through the end of the current contract. This year they are getting something like $700 million for it.
i do not live in NE. i will not change my cable provider and pay $300 to watch NE's games. it just isn't worth it to me. as a result my football fandom has waned over the years since moving away.
I spend part of the year outside New England, and I selected DirecTV as my provider for the sole and single reason that I could have NFL Sunday Ticket. So they get more than just my $400 price of Sunday Ticket (plus SuperFan). They also get about $150 a month from me all year round. And DirecTV knows that there are hundreds of thousands of people just like me, which is why they pay through the teeth for their monopoly.

Last edited:
I doubt I'm in the majority, but I would rather go down to 14 than up to 18. Given the size and speed of the players colliding on every play today, a 16-game season + playoffs seems to be pushing the limits of what can decently be asked of their bodies.

But if being scared of worse long-term injuries means I "just hate change," I guess you have me pegged. :rolleyes:

I too would rather go down to 14 than up to 18. By doing so, the 2 games vs. non-divisional in-conference teams whom your other divisional rivals do not play would be eliminated. The strength of schedule for every team in the same division would therefore be equal. Seems perfect to me.

The Omissioner Baddell is a disgrace, and shame on Kraft for having his head so far up his ass that he can't see, or think, clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes