PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady weighs in on possible extended season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I have to call bullcrap on that statement. The NFL has always taken the official stance that preseason games are just as valuable as regular season games to justify the high ticket prices, so I challenge you to provide me with a quote from Kraft (or any other owner) stating what you have claimed "almost" every single one of them has said.
Just as soon as you give to me some evidence to back up your above claim.

Call bs all you want, I have not agenda. I'm just trying to educate the ignorant. I can't find it right now, but there is an interview with Jonathan Kraft that touches on pre-season ticket prices. Kraft said that for any organization, there is a fixed cost and a fixed revenue they plan fro from season tickets each season. Whether the team charges the same for pre-season tickets or not, that revenue target remains the same. Perhaps someone else remembers the interview and could provide details to help find it. Either way, ALL NFL owners know how much money they "need" to make from ticket sales to fit their budget. This is not rocket science and shouldn't be difficult to understand.

Since you don't have the cahones to start a poll, I will (tho I think this site already had one about an 18 game season).

I will agree here, I think Goodell has really dropped the ball with the tv/internet situation. If the NFL is smart, they will do somethign similar to what MLB has done with MLB.tv. Hell, MLB created an "app" for PS3 that allows you to watch any game through HD from your PS3..Brilliant. Hopefully the NFL follows suit..
I'm not so sure that would be the "smart" thing to do because I imagine DirecTV would be pretty upset if the NFL did that.

DirecTV has a monpoly on the Sunday Ticket and they pay through the teeth for their monopoly.

Call bs all you want, I have not agenda. I'm just trying to educate the ignorant. I can't find it right now, but there is an interview with Jonathan Kraft that touches on pre-season ticket prices.
So "almost every owner" has made a comment supporting your claim, but you just can't quite find any such quotes. Yeah, that's why I called bullcrap on your statement. You're just pulling things out of thin air and making things up that never happened.

So "almost every owner" has made a comment supporting your claim, but you just can't quite find any such quotes. Yeah, that's why I called bullcrap on your statement. You're just pulling things out of thin air and making things up that never happened.

I took Kraft's word for it when he said it. It sucks that i can't find the interview, but it's only worth so much time try to straighten you out. You're the guy who talked to dozens of people and had almost 100% say they want 18 games. Did you see the poll? I'm just trying to educate, you can believe whatever you want. Perhaps you can poll your aunt's knitting circle about the potential for a lockout in 2011.

I took Kraft's word for it when he said it.
You mean when you imagined he said it. :rolleyes:
It sucks that i can't find the interview, but it's only worth so much time try to straighten you out.
Well that's OK because you claim almost every owner in the NFL has said the same thing. But you can't find a single interview to support your point, huh?

When any member of the Kraft family sneezes, it gets reported on online. But you can't find an interview where they talk about something this important. Maybe that's because no such interview ever took place?
You're the guy who talked to dozens of people and had almost 100% say they want 18 games.
Please don't misrepresent my words. I said I have talked to dozens of STHers, and I wasn't able to find any that opposed it. Now I am sure there are a couple out there, but not in Section 125.

Shoot, I was confusing you with Moosekill, he was the guy claiming almost 100% of dozens wanted the 18 game season. Either way, this poll is pretty telling, football fans want a 16 game season.

Regardless of whether I can find that one particular interveiw (which encompassed much more than just this one issue), if you don't think NFL teams have a fixed number that they plan for ticket revenue, you're foolilng yourself.

You mean when you imagined he said it. :rolleyes:
Well that's OK because you claim almost every owner in the NFL has said the same thing. But you can't find a single interview to support your point, huh?

When any member of the Kraft family sneezes, it gets reported on online. But you can't find an interview where they talk about something this important. Maybe that's because no such interview ever took place?
Please don't misrepresent my words. I said I have talked to dozens of STHers, and I wasn't able to find any that opposed it. Now I am sure there are a couple out there, but not in Section 125.

I hope someone in this thread can help find that interview. I'm curious what would happen to you if we found the interview.

Try searching for a specific Jonathan Kraft interview you remember from several months ago. See how helpful google is.

Last edited:
Shoot, I was confusing you with Moosekill, he was the guy claiming almost 100% of dozens wanted the 18 game season. Either way, this poll is pretty telling, football fans want a 16 game season.

Regardless of whether I can find that one particular interveiw (which encompassed much more than just this one issue), if you don't think NFL teams have a fixed number that they plan for ticket revenue, you're foolilng yourself.
Where in the world did I say that that wasn't the case? Newsflash: If they drop 2 preseason games and add 2 regular season games, it ain't going to hurt ticket revenue even if they kept all prices the same). So I have no idea why you think revenue projections would suffer by switching over to the "enhanced" season.

Where in the world did I say that that wasn't the case? Newsflash: If they drop 2 preseason games and add 2 regular season games, it ain't going to hurt ticket revenue even if they kept all prices the same). So I have no idea why you think revenue projections would suffer by switching over to the "enhanced" season.

Do you really believe that if teams changed from 4/16 to 2/18 they wouldn't charge more for season tickets? That's pretty amazing.

Last edited:
Do you really believe that if teams changed from 4/16 to 2/18 they wouldn't charge more for season tickets? That's pretty amazing.
Why do you keep putting words in my mouth? You know, you have an awful lot of imaginary conversations, either with Jonathan Kraft or now with me.

Ticket prices are on a one way trend in the upward direction, with or without the switch from 4/16 to 2/18.

Why do you keep putting words in my mouth? You know, you have an awful lot of imaginary conversations, either with Jonathan Kraft or now with me.

Ticket prices are on a one way trend in the upward direction, with or without the switch from 4/16 to 2/18.

"Do you really believe that if teams changed from 4/16 to 2/18 they wouldn't charge more for season tickets?" <----question you dodged.

Since when is asking a question (which you dodged, by the way) putting words in your mouth? It would be pretty funny if your answer was yes. If it is no, well you can apply what that means to your own argument.

I did originally mistake you for another dipstick, but I took responsibility for that gaffe. It happens, y'all seem so alike.

"Do you really believe that if teams changed from 4/16 to 2/18 they wouldn't charge more for season tickets?" <----question you dodged.
What part of "Ticket prices are on a one way trend in the upward direction, with or without the switch from 4/16 to 2/18."

Hint: "prices moving in an upward direction" implies "charging more".
Since when is asking a question (which you dodged, by the way) putting words in your mouth? It would be pretty funny if your answer was yes.
Actually, depending on how a question is phrased, you can easily put words in your mouth.

Now please tell us all what did you mean when you said you were completely clueless and made up an imaginary Jonathan Kraft interview?

Last edited:
Now please tell us all what did you mean when you said you were completely clueless and made up an imaginary Jonathan Kraft interview?

:rolleyes:

It's pretty amazing that you believe so strongly that Jonathan Kraft would never say teams would charge more for regular season tickets if they charged less for pre season, that you would accuse someone of making up the interview. As i said, try finding one specific Jonathan Kraft interview that you remember (if you've ever seen one) from several months ago. See if you can find it easily with google? Then you might* understand why I can't find it. But I sincerely doubt you're interested in truth. It really is too bad, cuz I would be curious to see how you'd react if you saw it.

:rolleyes:

It's pretty amazing that you believe so strongly that Jonathan Kraft would never say teams would charge more for regular season tickets if they charged less for pre season, that you would accuse someone of making up the interview.
Almost as amazing as being the one with the false memory implant of something that never happened. I think Schwarzeneggar made a movie where something like that happened.
As i said, try finding one specific Jonathan Kraft interview that you remember (if you've ever seen one) from several months ago. See if you can find it easily with google? Then you might* understand why I can't find it. But I sincerely doubt you're interested in truth. It really is too bad, cuz I would be curious to see how you'd react if you saw it.
You're the one who made the claim, you're the one who has to back it up. But I got some bad news for you... the fact that no one has come in and said anything to back you up is pretty damning. Not one single "oh hey yeah I remember that interview too." I guess not a single member of this forum remembers the interview that only you were able to tune into.

Not to mention that you have claimed almost every owner has made that same statement at one time or another. I guess all those interviews mysteriously disappeared too, huh?

Last edited:
Dood, polling your sister's kindergarten class about the topic is a lot different than asking football fans. Put up another poll on this forum and you will see first hand. I have talked to several football fans about the issue. Although it's not 100% against an 18 game season, it is a huge majority. :bricks:

Heh, I have a grand daughter that is almost in Kindergarten, but she doesn't watch much football yet.

People just hate change. Someone pulled 4 and 16 out of their ass and we have been stuck with it for a while now. Before that there were other arrangements but who cares. Somehow you all have become fixated on the "fact" that the current system is the best. News flash, if your point is to protect the players more we should cut down the number of games from 16 to 14 or 12, if the point is to get more games to watch we should raise it up. There are pluses and minuses to both, but to somehow think 16 is perfect is really kind of silly.

Furthermore, to take players or owners statements, when they are trying to negotiate a new bargaining arrangement at face value is completely idiotic.

I'm pretty sure the NFLPA will ask for higher salaries across the board with 18 real games. Some of that will come from tv revenues and the rest will come from the fans in the stands. Sure ticket prices will always go higher, but 18 games will make them go up faster.

Almost as amazing as being the one with the false memory implant of something that never happened. I think Schwarzeneggar made a movie where something like that happened.
You're the one who made the claim, you're the one who has to back it up. But I got some bad news for you... the fact that no one has come in and said anything to back you up is pretty damning. Not one single "oh hey yeah I remember that interview too." I guess not a single member of this forum remembers the interview that only you were able to tune into.

Not to mention that you have claimed almost every owner has made that same statement at one time or another. I guess all those interviews mysteriously disappeared too, huh?

Yes, you are right. I am falsely remembering an interveiw that completely altered the way I perceived how teams determine ticket prices. I can only imagine what disorder I have that could so compeltely alter my memory of something that made such a big impression on me.

And if you think Kraft won't speak for other owners (who he meets with on a regular basis) when a question is asked why HIS team has a certain practice... when it's a league wide practice, you're in for a rude awakening.

After pondering the total lack of crowd noise at Gillette, I now believe that a majority of the ST holders that you spoke with would want a 2/18 vs a 4/16 season to maximize the perceived value of their season tickets. You girls have to work on your golf clap. But, as you probably didn't notice, a poll of football fans just conducted on this site was overwhelmingly opposed to an 18 game season.

People just hate change. Someone pulled 4 and 16 out of their ass and we have been stuck with it for a while now. Before that there were other arrangements but who cares. Somehow you all have become fixated on the "fact" that the current system is the best. News flash, if your point is to protect the players more we should cut down the number of games from 16 to 14 or 12, if the point is to get more games to watch we should raise it up.

I doubt I'm in the majority, but I would rather go down to 14 than up to 18. Given the size and speed of the players colliding on every play today, a 16-game season + playoffs seems to be pushing the limits of what can decently be asked of their bodies.

But if being scared of worse long-term injuries means I "just hate change," I guess you have me pegged. :rolleyes:

I doubt I'm in the majority, but I would rather go down to 14 than up to 18. Given the size and speed of the players colliding on every play today, a 16-game season + playoffs seems to be pushing the limits of what can decently be asked of their bodies.

:yeahthat:

Not that I want fewer games but if there was to be a change, more games doesn't get my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back