Welcome to PatsFans.com

Brady weighs in on possible extended season

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Ian, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +194 / 2 / -1

#17 Jersey

It Is What It Is Brady weighs in on possible extended season

They're calling it an "enhanced" season :rolleyes:

2. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +709 / 8 / -9

Disable Jersey

Adding to the season is an additional health risk to players who already substantially risk their present and future post NFL health every day in practise. Don't do it.
  3. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +416 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

I don't understand the disconnect on this issue. None of the fans I know want 18 games, and I sure don't. Yet, Goodell says the fans want it and Kraft says it won't hurt the players, talking like it's a done deal.
  4. NEGoldenAge

NEGoldenAge Banned

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

It's not about what fans want. It's about money. Even if the fans "don't want it", the networks will still show the 18 games, and the people will still watch them. Brady is right, 18 games would be bad for the players and the fans. Good luck getting the NFL to see it that way.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  5. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I'll be damned if the Brady/Moss records are broken due to two additional games.
  6. juny

juny Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Yeah, agree with the others here. Why fix something that isn't broke? It is definitely all about the money.
  7. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +895 / 16 / -24

No Jersey Selected

If Goodell does this, it's pretty much icing on the cake. He will be, by FAR, the worst commissioner in NFL history and will be among the worst in professional sports today (dare I say, even worse than Bud Selig).
  8. juny

juny Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

I don't know what's worse -- ignoring blatant existing problems or changing things on a whim usually for the worse
  9. Pessimistic Pete

Pessimistic Pete Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 3 / -0

What the hell, you can't be serious. David Stern's led NBA has been filled with corrupt officiating and is now turned into "foul-ball". Hell one of the refs under his watch went to PRISON. And Bud Selig completely ignored the steroid era, the most disgusting act in sports history if you ask me.

Roger Goodell has been a GREAT commissioner, it baffles me how any person can call him bad let alone THE WORST out of the 3 major sports. Changes under his watch....

Good
    Three day draft = Proven sucess
    Pro-Bowl before Super Bowl = Proven success
    Harsh punishment for NFL thugs like Big Ben, Pacman = GREAT
    Finally changing NFL overtime rules = GREAT
    New York Super Bowl = GREAT
    Adding third Thanksgiving Game = GREAT

Bad
    NFL games outside of US (Dear god no, I will agree this is HORRIBLE)
    Handling of SpyGate (Fine/draft pick were OUTRAGEOUS but I am glad he destroyed tapes)

So yeah Goodell has done A LOT more good than bad.
  10. Raymond

Raymond Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

That's enough for me to call him a failure.:(
  11. NEGoldenAge

NEGoldenAge Banned

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Although I agree that a 3 day draft is a success, and maybe harsher punishments it too, but that's it. Who gives a crap about the pro bowl? The overtime rule change accomplished nothing, and added complexity. A NY superbowl rewards a team that is being fiscally irresponsible in an uncapped year, which makes it neutral at best. A thrid game on Thanksgiving is completely retarded. If he wanted to make a change to Turkey day, he should have removed the Lions from it. Goodell is a tool.
  12. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +531 / 13 / -12

[​IMG]

Just say no to Don Goodleone..
  13. Rex Ryan's Gut

Rex Ryan's Gut Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

18 games would be a disaster.
  14. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +257 / 3 / -2

#51 Jersey

As long as Brady quarterbacks 19 games this regular and post season, with the 19th game being a win then all good.
  15. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +730 / 44 / -47

Disable Jersey

Not a single thing that you called a "good" is actually a "good". Well, that's not fair. If the NY Super Bowl leads to the acceptance of more outdoor Super Bowls in cold weather cities, I would then consider it a "good". Until that time, though, it's in the "bad" column.
  16. ausbacker

ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +257 / 3 / -2

#51 Jersey

Don't the numbers disagree with your opinion Deus Irae? Viewers and money is what defines something being good or bad in this current environment.

The AFL in Australia is mimicking almost everything the NFL has done over the last decade and they seem to measure everything in attendances, membership, television ratings and ultimately revenue... just like the NFL.

It's quite funny given the NFL's commissioner and the AFL's CEO objectives appear eerily similar.
  17. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +730 / 44 / -47

Disable Jersey

I don't define good or bad in that sense. I realize that it's just one man's opinion, but that is mine. Money and ratings are irrelevant. America is a land full of examples of horrid crap garnering mass attention and making huge coin.

The Pro Bowl, for example, is a bad idea from the start because of the nature of football, and now it doesn't even have players from the two "best" teams because they're practicing for a game that matters.
  18. skinnydog

skinnydog Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

18 games is an embarrassingly dumb idea. As it is, 16 games pushes the limit. The bye week gives the NFL 17 weeks of televised games. A second bye week would be better that 18 games, but better still is to leave it as is.
  19. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +542 / 6 / -0

You speak the exact truth. And Goodell's smiling claims that we, the fans, are behind this push is downright insulting.
  20. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

Pro Bowl before superbowl just means that any players picked who have a playoff game would automatically sit out. How is that giving the fans the best game to watch? It's not! Goodell has been a terrible commissioner. All he does is want to show off that 'he's in charge'.

Anyone would have punished Pacman and Roethlisberger for being douches. The one guy got involved in a nightclub shooting, and the other guy allegedly sexually assaulted or raped a girl in addition to his bad rap. I don't see Goodell as having done anything special in that regard.

And the handling of 'Spygate' so to speak was ridiculous. The only reason he stripped the Pats of a 1st round pick is because BB ignoring his memo made him feel silly and the Ratfink was more than eager to turn in his mentor to get any edge that he could. Even though other teams have cheated in other ways - such as stealing signals through mics, those teams have NEVER been punished like the Pats were. That is BS and Goodell is a shoveler of BS.

Nobody needs 18 games EXCEPT that it makes MORE money. Goodell should just admit that he's all about the money on this issue. Why don't you be up front about it you big PHONEY!?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.