PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady WEEI Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

AStack75

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
So what's the deal with this big WEEI Brady interview that was supposed to happen at 7:10AM today (Friday)? They said they already did the interview. I can't tell if D&C are joking or not.

Pretty good stuff, said some similar things to yesterday and the King interview, but he's always a little looser w D&C and has a little more time to give his thoughts. I'm not a huge fan of D&C, but they do pretty good interviews, I'll give them that.

Hearing him talk about the potential of the 2009 offense is pretty exciting. When they asked him if 09 could pick up where 07 left off, I assumed he'd give a modest, non-promising answer, but he basically went on to explain why it could be better than 2007...

There were some slightly different takes from the Peter King interview... noting that standing on the sideline on crutches isn't the safest place to be... noting that at the time he was battling infection he wasn't in the greatest shape to be on the sideline anyways...

The most important thing that I took away from the interview was his responses to the psychological impact of the injury.

Although he acknowledges the psychological impact of a traumatic injury can have, he's not talking like someone who has had even the slightest bit of experience with that. My experience was much more like Carson Palmer's - one doesn't trust the knee and can't play at the same level... always replaying the trauma itself in one's head.

Brady says he doesn't remember all that much about the injury and thus far hasn't had the slightest hesitation - not even wanting to play with the brace. That's a VERY good sign.... the best sign for me because I have no doubt that physically Brady will fully bounce back - it's always been a question of the psychological impact for me.

I don't care much for D&C much either, but they did conduct a good interview and Brady gave then some fairly candid answers. The reason Brady is sooo damn good is due to his mental toughness which, I would dare guess, is greater than any other QB in the league. He strives only to be the best within his ability and this is why his knee injury won't hamper him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back