PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady wearing a Knee Brace on 3rd day of camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewwho

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Felger is reporting today that Brady wore a knee brace on the 3rd day of camp. Did anyone else hear this?

He also reported Brady had a poor camp and was inaccurate. You know, I feel Felger came close to saying that Cassell had a better camp than Brady on his ESPN show.

um yeah..its been in the notes already. most of us know. not worried..maybe just aggrivated it a little..or there was more to be demanded from his leg 3rd day so he put it in. Brady did make overthrows on day 2 or 3 i believe and just having poor mini camp..doesnt change anything. BB said number of times its not really an evaluation and im not worried about Brady at all

Last edited:
Drewwho said:
Felger is reporting today that Brady wore a knee brace on the 3rd day of camp. Did anyone else hear this?

He also reported Brady had a poor camp and was inaccurate. You know, I feel Felger came close to saying that Cassell had a better camp than Brady on his ESPN show.

Does Felger write the story lines for Desparate Housewives, because I swear ALL he can do is create and write DRAMA. Brady was inaccurate in June? OH NO!! Should we trade him now before anyone else knows that he's "off." Hey Mikey, it's M-I-N-I camp. I'd be really sad if anyone looked better now than in October. His schtick is getting old.

Remix 6 said:
um yeah..its been in the notes already. most of us know. not worried..maybe just aggrivated it a little..or there was more to be demanded from his leg 3rd day so he put it in. Brady did make overthrows on day 2 or 3 i believe and just having poor mini camp..doesnt change anything. BB said number of times its not really an evaluation and im not worried about Brady at all

This is the first I heard of it... but I'm not worried either... could just be preventative too if the knee was feeling a little tired and overworked

he is trying to stir up drama

· Expect the Patriots to possibly bring in a veteran quarterback in the near future. Brady is Brady and Matt Cassel looked good but there was a big drop-off after those two. Corey Bramlet looked good at rookie mini-camp and Todd Mortensen did well in NFL Europe but both struggled this week. Cassel will probably end up being the backup this season but look for the Patriots to explore brining in a veteran as an insurance policy. Cassel has a cannon for an arm and looks more and more comfortable on the field every time I see him.

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=19560&pcid=41

Felger used to be objective, now he's just a **** stirrer.

How is he stirring up drama? His job is to report what he sees at mini camp and that's all he is doing. He never said "hey Tom Brady sucks the Patriots are doomed."

Last edited by a moderator:
well

His overthrows could have something to do with him overcompensating because of his knee! Who knows, but it's june:cool:

I couldn't be any less worried about Brady having a "bad camp".

BradyManny2344 said:
I couldn't be any less worried about Brady having a "bad camp".

Agreed, i think brady in a knee brace just goes to show that brady is going to spend the rest of his life on our injury list and yet will start and play every game.

Drewwho said:

It was mentioned in one of the mikey pic threads (and perhaps others). Doesn't seem that out of the ordinary to me. Now if he were on crutches or something..

I think it's hysterical that the first two ads that appear below this thread are for deluxe knee braces...

If there was anything really wrong with the knee I'm sure they would have held him out of mini-camp practice.

This was on Patriots.com:

"Tom Brady was wearing a bulky knee brace on his left knee. The quarterback wasn’t wearing the brace during the first two days of mini-camp. Brady sported a similar brace last season after the Buffalo game when it was reported that he had an injury to his shin."

So the brace may not even be for his knee. Like others said, if Brady had a problem with his knee, no way is he on the field during a meaningless mini-camp. Felger can't figure that much out on his own?

I believe in Brady's intangibles, but I am concerned if he has a bad knee or something that keeps him from being 100%.

Does anyone know how and when he suffered the sports hernia last year?

Well it's not necessarily inaccurate reporting. If Brady's knee is hurt that would explain both why he was wearing the brace and why he was inaccurate in minicamp.

I think BB might decide to rest Brady in the preseason as a precaution. But full Training camp is 2 weeks away so if the injury is minor, which it likely is, Brady will probably be feeling better by then.

OT to this thread, but what do the players do between mini- and training-camp? Is it just voluntary workout kind of stuff or is there anything more organized? I presume that the coaches cut down to 110 hours a week during this dead period.

VJCPatriot said:
Well it's not necessarily inaccurate reporting. If Brady's knee is hurt that would explain both why he was wearing the brace and why he was inaccurate in minicamp.

I think BB might decide to rest Brady in the preseason as a precaution. But full Training camp is 2 weeks away so if the injury is minor, which it likely is, Brady will probably be feeling better by then.

2 weeks away? Try 6 weeks away, and Tom will be in fabulous shape...

VJCPatriot said:

Full training camp is six weeks away.... Teams only get 14 days of OTA's during the off season. This is actually when most coaches get the hell out of town for a couple of weeks before they are back to planning training camp. And most players take a break from from off season conditioning about now, and sometimes again that last week before camp starts.

I remember the game in which he hurt his shin - he led like a 40 second scoring drive against Miami on the next series. Perhaps one of the promising UDFA's who was cut Friday chop blocked our boy on the way to the weight room. Or maybe the league is tiring of him being probable-shoulder so he is setting the stage for probable-knee for the next couple of seasons.

He developed the sports hernia around week 10 I believe likely as a result of his being hit on almost every other throw he made despite seldom being sacked. That's an injury that also relates to repetitive torque such as planting and firing in the process of being hit.

Felger often sees things as black and white where Tommy is concerned. Maybe he appeared inaccurate at times because he couldn't recognize most of his receivers in camp and some of them were not yet running precise route patterns that should have ended at a spot he was throwing to, or they failed to sight adjust at the line. His job in mini-camp isn't to find them, it's to see if they can do their job including seeing what he sees and jigging rather than jagging when coverage changes. Coaches will often signal for a throw to be slightly off target too in order to gauge whether or not a receiver is adept at adjusting on the fly to go up, down or lay out after those kinds of balls.

Brady remains the least of our worries. He is durable and even when dinged up he gets his job done.

It seems Felger and Curran are trying to start something and make more out of Cassell than necessary.

Brady to most is not only the best QB in the game, but the best player...it is just absurd for them both to point out that Cassell would even have a shot at the starting job. Now, I know neither has come out and said it, but it CERTAINLY has been implied.

Kinda werid!!!

Patjew said:
OT to this thread, but what do the players do between mini- and training-camp? Is it just voluntary workout kind of stuff or is there anything more organized? I presume that the coaches cut down to 110 hours a week during this dead period.

As to the coaches, BB spends this time at the Belichick compound on Nantucket. He bought houses there for himself, his parents and his (former?) in-laws. Come to think of it, coaching is not a bad gig if you can afford to give away 2 multi-million dollar properties on Nantucket where the 'beautiful people' summer. All this before winning 3 SB rings as a HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back