PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady was horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willie55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Brady missed receivers all day. He threw behind guys. The interception was way underthrown. On the play Watson was wide open, he floated the ball and the defensive player was able to make a play on it.

I don't think I've ever seen him so bad.

Willie55 said:
Brady missed receivers all day. He threw behind guys. The interception was way underthrown. On the play Watson was wide open, he floated the ball and the defensive player was able to make a play on it.

He sure didn't look good. Second week in a row, too, that doesn't usually happen. I hope it's just that he is having some timing issues with some new receivers, and not something more serious, like an injury. Or moping over Deion.

Agreed.

I wouldn't say it's a reason to panic quite yet, but Brady was noticably off all day. He wasn't much better last week. I hope it's just an issue of being comfortable...the only WR from last year that's back this year is Troy Brown.

I hope he's not injured...that would be awful.

It certainly isnt his recievers' fault. He needs to wake up and realize with the running game he's got, that he must perform a lot better.

Willie55 said:

So you conveniently forget about the solid production on third down, including on the last drive to (all but) seal the game, and the pair of very nice drives through the air in the first half for scores? Yeah, Brady had 3 or 4 throws behind guys, and the pick WAS bad, but this was hardly his worst game.

Richter said:
So you conveniently forget about the solid production on third down, including on the last drive to (all but) seal the game, and the pair of very nice drives through the air in the first half for scores? Yeah, Brady had 3 or 4 throws behind guys, and the pick WAS bad, but this was hardly his worst game.

Are you saying that Brady hasnt looked off at all the past two weeks? I think thats what they are saying. Not that it was his worst game, but that he hasnt looked his crisp, fired up self.

Richter said:

His worst game was that game vs WASH in 2003 in my opinion--but let's not sugarcoat things here--today was not good. as a matter of fact--he looked more "distracted" to me this week than he did last week. I don't know if it's physical, or mental, but either way--he's gotta get better, and FAST.

Richter said:

All true. But even you have to admit , something from his game is missing

It's not a physical thing.

Fire is missing. Spark or whatever you wanna call it.

Sadly, it' s almost like watching a guy going through the motions.

Richter said:

Okay, forget "horrible" -- he just didn't look right. A lot of balls looked off-target or weak in an un-Bradylike way. The Jackson touchdown was practically the only throw over 10 yards that seemed to have the zip and accuracy we've all come to expect. I was amazed that the announcers never talked about it once.

Only Knows I don't want to be critical of Brady........However no one can ignore That Brady hasn't looked crisp at all........ Maybe it is his timing and needing time to gel with the new offensive personnel. However I am not going to rule out that he just might be trying to display his displeasure for not having Branch.........I have supported the organization since day 1 as it pertains to there decision with Branch, but I have to wonder if Brady didn't really express his desire to want Branch back. Maybe Brady felt that the team could have done something to help keep his guy there...I don't know, but hopefully it gets better with time. In this situation I wonder if BB knew how Brady fealt about Branch, maybe they could have done something to please there Franchise QB and a guy that they can ill afford to develop a sour taste in his mouth. One of those BB and Pioli may have won the battle with Branch, but maybe they could lose the War. I have never seen Brady so disinterested, lacking passion or fire...

Last edited:
Brady CONSISTENTLY throws poorly at the start of the season. It always makes me think he must practice in a different place than the receivers - almost like a game of battleship. It is the reason that he trails Manning in stats, he wastes the first part of the season. The only year he didn't was the last super bowl year.

The difference is that in the past we had receivers that were good and that were familiar with him, and the offense. So although there were bad throws, eventually he would connect with one of the receivers and redeem himself and we would win, and most fans would forget his poor performance at the start.

Now, we have a bunch of strangers on the field and there is no safety net to recover. The receivers we have now, may be very good, and fine replacements eventually, but they are green, and lack experience in our offense and familiarity with Tom.

Until the receivers get their act together, Tom's performance is going to be a crap shoot. If he has his bad throws to the newbys then Brown and Watson are there to bail him out. If his bad throws are to Brown and Watson, then the good throws to the newbys may be dropped, or they may not be where they are supposed to be and he will be throwing to empty space, or the other team.

Slagathor said:

I don't see that at all. He just looked off. His touch was a little off, his timing was a little off, that's it. When guys were open and the blocking was good, he found them. The throwaways don't bother me at all. If anything, the only thing that I didn't feel too good about is when the Jets started bringing the blitz and getting more pressure on him, and he seemed to be thrown off his game from it. I don't expect that to last though. I'll forgive the guy for being a little down, a week after losing one of his better friends and his top receiver on the team.

Last edited:
Slagathor said:

That was the impression I was getting!

I dont question his fire at all. He just didnt play well. He overthru some or threw behind. He'll fix it as the season progresses. Lets not turn into Dr.Phil here.

Someone on the sidelines needs to walk over and *****slap Tom. He needs a wakeup call.

Enough of the moping over Deion. You gave it life earlier in the week when you "admitted" it had "distracted you," and then just again in the post-game press conference you piss and moan about how you've only got Troy.

Last edited:
Slagathor said:

All righty then, I'm going to be the first one to call for Cassel in that case.

:bricks:

pats1 said:
Someone on the sidelines needs to walk over and *****slap Tom. He needs a wakeup call.

Enough of the moping over Deion. You gave it life earlier in the week when you "admitted" it had "distracted you," and then just again in the post-game press conference you piss and moan about how you've only got Troy.

Are you serious - moping over Deion...? That is just crazy speak.
Brady is not moping or going through the motions. He is having to make adjustments to his game due to this new core of WR and weapons.

Would everyone just RELAX. Tom Brady is still the best QB in football and that those 3 3rd down conversions in the last drive still prove he is the guy you want on the field at the end of a game to get it done!

Sure he looked terrible at times today, but at times, espeically in the first half he look great. He had at least 4 dropped balls including one to Gabrielle in the hands in the endzone.

He will get it going soon enough. In the meantime, isn't it great to have a sucky QB and still be 2-0?

Brady is a victim of his own success. Nothing but perfection is good enough for Pat fans. Just sad!

Slagathor said:

It's almost like he lost his favorite receiver and was forced to work with three new guys, two of them for the first time! :eek:

Oh yeah, he was. Never mind.;)

No one needs to go over and slap Tom in the head. Quite to the contrary, most of the people in this thread need to be slapped.

He looked fired up on the strike to Jackson, twice. He looked pretty fired up on his INT.

I swear you people need to get some perspective. You can't just "turn it on" when you don't have a relationship with your receivers.

As for missing Watson, that DB made a great play to tip the ball.

I personally think brady had a pretty good game. To compare this one should close their eyes and sit in a car and then open your eyes to parallel park with no clue to the dimensions of the car......

he undershot a alot as he never had tall fast receivers or played with the current bunch so never got the rhythm going.As for all the spread offence we run ,he had 2 goto guys branch and given on critical downs who are both gone.

considering this he did a awesome job as one cannot simulate game speed in pratice look for doug,chad and him working on speed routes all week but i will give it time to develop.I am thinking we will survive and by week 10 he will start syncing and by playoff we will hit peak form.

By the way our front seven in defence is going to give nightmares to the opposing offences the secondary needs to step up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back