PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady was awesome tonight, but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone else thinks darius butler will be an all pro in about two years?

Woah, he played decent, certainly improved....but you're a little too excited me thinks.

McCourty yes!

let's not forget the defense. Congratulations on your best effort of the season. Hell of a job, and here's to you building upon it!

this is my favourite because all we heard all week from jets fans and the media (faulk et al) was how the pats can't cover all the big name jets players... let alone the defense and the jets could pick how they would beat the pats... it showed no respect for an nfl team and i was just so happy in how this game turned out for our young D

I had to laugh at the end when the Pats put in Fred Taylor. Then, after a few carries.......wow. He could make things very interesting if he stays healthy. The rook has a good chance of breaking the INT. record of Haynes.

The team is coming together as we hoped. At the beginning of the season I knew the offense would be good but I didn't know how could it could be or the parts that would make it good. I was optimistic the defense would improve during the season and they are.

That's the best Patriots defensive performance I've seen in years.

Everyone was awesome!! Thanks guys, for shutting up the Jets with an emphatic beatdown!!

Woah, he played decent, certainly improved....but you're a little too excited me thinks.

McCourty yes!

All I can say after watching tonight is: Welcome to McCourty Island!!! The Jets did not throw near him all night and when the finally decided to try it....Boom there goes the dynamite.

You guys made my night. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!

PS - I told you guys this summer McCourty was a beast. I watched his entire career at Rutgers (season tix holder) and knew he would be this good. Hate tosay I told you so...but...I told you so.

Last edited:
The team is coming together as we hoped. At the beginning of the season I knew the offense would be good but I didn't know how could it could be or the parts that would make it good. I was optimistic the defense would improve during the season and they are.

That's the best Patriots defensive performance I've seen in years.

that's so true especially after overcoming the early gimic of the hurry up run by sanches in the 1st drive.

Was i the only one who thought sanches looked really nervous pre game?

All I can say after watching tonight is: Welcome to McCourty Island!!! The Jets did not throw near him all night and when the finally decided to try it....Boom there goes the dynamite.

PS - I told you guys this summer McCourty was a beast. I watched his entire career at Rutgers (season tix holder) and knew he would be this good. Hate tosay I told you so...but...I told you so.
Got any other gems you'd care to share with us RutgersFan?

that's so true especially after overcoming the early gimic of the hurry up run by sanches in the 1st drive.

Was i the only one who thought sanches looked really nervous pre game?
In the wise words of the immortal one "I love youse all" ;)

Jeff-Fenech.jpg

I love McCourty and he has been awesome.

They threw an out route to Edwards and McCourty was late to break with him and muffed up the tackle and the receiver probably gained 10+ more yards than he needed too. It would be inaccurate to insinuate that he had an "island" or that the Jets did not throw near him.

But he had a very good game otherwise.

Just think what the Defense could be with a pass rush

Indeed. Congratulations to the defense. First full 60 minute game of the season. Darius Butler also appeared to take a nice step in the right direction tonight. The rookies are growing up quickly. There's a lot to build on with this game.

Indeed. Congratulations to the defense. First full 60 minute game of the season. Darius Butler also appeared to take a nice step in the right direction tonight. The rookies are growing up quickly. There's a lot to build on with this game.

Yeah he definitely got a ton more playing time than past weeks. It looked like he was the nickel out there. Good to see BB has the confidence in him again and Butler responded

it is just one win and the National Football League stands for Not For Long. I feel that this team will show up once more in Foxboro next month. We do not get credit for a 59 - 31 lead going into the AFC championship game on January 24, 2010.

Got any other gems you'd care to share with us RutgersFan?

Yeah, I just watched the best team in the NFL tonight. Take it from an outsider's perspective, if the defense plays anything like tonight you guys are the best team in the NFL. Great game!!!

Arrington was fantastic tonight as well

There's hardly enough credit to spread around. Who didn't play well?

Heck, even the announcing team was the first I can remember all season that clued into the real story of this Patriots team -- that they're a raw young team with rookies all over the field.

I'd like to see kick-offs that don't have the other team starting at the 35 or 40. :rolleyes:

I'd like to see kick-offs that don't have the other team starting at the 35 or 40. :rolleyes:

That was seemingly a choice the coaches made though. Give up 20 yards and limit the possibilities of one being taken to the house. It's a tactic they've used in a few games this year. I also don't like seeing it though.

That was seemingly a choice the coaches made though. Give up 20 yards and limit the possibilities of one being taken to the house. It's a tactic they've used in a few games this year. I also don't like seeing it though.

I thought the kickoff unit was great tonight. Graham isnt anything like Ghost was, but he is getting the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back