PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady wants fans well hydrated Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Precisely the point I made earlier but ignored in the rush to being "offended" by the PC crowd. Starts with the stadium not being built to contain and echo noise. The most rabid fans are in section 300s way up high where their cheers are directed to the outer solar system. One end open lets the section 100 lame to non-existent corporate noise out. It really irks me to attend games (Section 108 row 1) where the corporate brown nose of the week attendees spend the entire game going back and forth for food, as if they've never had a meal, miss a good portion of the game and never, ever get loud on opponents' 3rd downs. At least they leave early so others can move into their seats.
Maybe Kraft can have a Gillette Stadium Megaphone day where all fans get a free Megaphone with admission

There goes your low volume crowd problem :cool:

I think this was pretty amusing. I'm sure since it's Brady it will become a huge deal.

He shouldn't have said it, and I'm delighted by how minor Brady's embarrassing "shouldn't have said/done that" flap is when he finally has one.

People are way to sensitive these days. Big deal Brady told his home town fans to get drunk and cheer loud. And you now what Rex was obviously joking when he said what he said. He knows visiting fans have all the right in the world to wear there team apparel without feeling threaten.

He shouldn't have said it, and I'm delighted by how minor Brady's embarrassing "shouldn't have said/done that" flap is when he finally has one.

Why shouldn't he have said it? Are we so PC that it's now wrong to suggest that people get drunk before they watch their football team? Personally, I would have preferred if he'd just told everyone to start pregaming it 1 and get properly wasted.

Sounds like Brady is tired of the pink hat crowd to me.

I wonder if he is also tired of collecting a 1.25MM paycheck per game? Even if the red seats don't get filled until 5 minutes left in the first quarter, they're still paid for......

I certainly will be "well hydrated" this Sunday....

mnt_dew_throw_back.jpg

... with some of THAT. :rocker:

All my drinking half assed remarks aside, I see no point paying hundreds of dollars to go to the great experience of a Patriots game and drink so that I'm compromised in my ability to watch every play from the unique wide angle vantage point of the stands. Cheap beer is available in mass quantities at most any other time for those so inclined.

I wonder if he is also tired of collecting a 1.25MM paycheck per game? Even if the red seats don't get filled until 5 minutes left in the first quarter, they're still paid for......

Luckily this isn't baseball. It doesn't matter where the money is coming from, each football city has the same cap to work with. He'd still be making that 1.25M if he was playing in Heinz field or Lambeau, or SEA, or CHI, you know, a town where the fans are big, loud, and drunk and give great homefield advantage.

All that excess "pink hat" money goes to Kraft and the league, not the players.

If you don't feel like being a loud, active fan, here's my advice: Stay home and watch it on TV. Let the real fans go support the team.

Last edited:
Luckily this isn't baseball. It doesn't matter where the money is coming from, each football city has the same cap to work with. He'd still be making that 1.25M if he was playing in Heinz field or Lambeau, or SEA, or CHI, you know, a town where the fans are big, loud, and drunk and give great homefield advantage.

All that excess "pink hat" money goes to Kraft and the league, not the players.

No

The cap as a whole is based on all the revenue, so the CBA agreed % does go to the players in the form of the cap total.

Last edited:
No

The cap as a whole is based on all the revenue, so the CBA agreed % does go to the players in the form of the cap total.

That is true, but how much of all the Foxboro revenue actually goes to the league (as in concessions, restaurants/shopping/entertainment at Patriot place, etc)? I mean, Kraft is pulling a lot of pink hatters because of how he built up the area around the stadium and I'm sure most of that is not going to the league/players.

My point remains though that it isn't team dependent. It's not as if he is making twice as much playing on a Yankees than he would elsewhere, he makes the same regardless of where he is.

There are two little kids running a lemonade stand on rt 140 in Foxboro with a sign that says "Tom Brady Says 'Stay Hydrated!'"

If Kraft and 31 other owner's ripped out the box seats and installed $5 bleacher seats, how much longer do you think the 120MM salary cap would be in place?

So don't worry about the literal flow of cash on Sunday versus the check Brady cashes. Worry about a macro level explanation of how the salary cap is set where it is.

Does it matter that I'll be watching from my living room 300 miles from Foxboro? :confused2:

I'll do my part just in case. :eat3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey