PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady wants fans well hydrated Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brady's recommendation, "Start drinking early!"

Huge difference. Wrecks saying visiting fans shouldn't wear team gear is borderline threatening. I seriously doubt folks will drink more than usual because of what Tom said.

Damn, and I was going to tie one on just because of TFB! Let's face it, we New Englanders are just a more reserved bunch. I doubt we drink less, we just think yahoos are stupid and an embarrassment to themselves. But, since Tommy Boy has called us out, I will do my part on Sunday and have an extra. I always have laringitis after a game, so there is NO WAY he is talking to me!! Go Pats!! Can't wait for opening day!!

I am unclear if I fully understand Brady's directive.

My follow up questions are:

1. Does it apply to folks watching TV or only folks at the game? I will be at a bar. Does this directive even apply to me.

2. If this directive does apply to me, What is meant by "early"? Meaning relative to clock or the game start time. Typically I start drinking around 1pm aka kick off time. Does Brady expect me to start drinking at say noon (an hour earlier than normal for a 1 pm game). Or would say 3:15 be fine and hour earlier than kick off?

If anyone has insight please help.

I want to make sure I am doing my part.

Last edited:

I seriously doubt folks will drink more than usual because of what Tom said.

You sure about that, pal? ;)

I am unclear if I fully understand Brady's directive.

My follow up questions are:

1. Does it apply to folks watching TV or only folks at the game? I will be at a bar. Does this directive even apply to me.

2. If this directive does apply to me, What is meant by "early"? Meaning relative to clock or the game start time. Typically I start drinking around 1pm aka kick off time. Does Brady expect me to start drinking at say noon (an hour earlier than normal for a 1 pm game). Or would say 3:15 be fine and hour earlier than kick off?

If anyone has insight please help.

I want to make sure I am doing my part.

Here's some insight

1. Yes, his directive applies to everyone. Since everyone in the stadium is silent, he needs those in the bars and homes surrounding to be all liquored up too so that your shouts may reach the stadium.

2. I got the impression that he was looking for a 1:00 p.m. start time so that you will really be flying for the 4:15 kickoff. Do the Jests play early? You call warm up by yelling at the TV for them to lose!

Hope this helps.

I think he should have supplied the drinking game that goes with this directive. We need better instructions!

. I seriously doubt folks will drink more than usual because of what Tom said.

So the following you would consider beyond the realm of possible:

fan 1: here have another beer
fan 2: no thanks i have already had 8, I am three sheets to the wind
fan 1: hey, Tom wants us to drink more, it is your patriotic duty to have another beer.
fan 2: okay

I don't find issue with what Tom said.

I didn't find issue with what Rex said.

I do LOL at the way the Pats PR spun his comment.

I also LOL at the double standards some posters have that were outraged over what Rex said but are able to rationalize what Tom says.

This may not have been a smart comment for Tom to make. And not for the reasons the anti-drinking crowd are making.

The more fans drink the more time they spend not in their seats but instead at the restrooms. This does not help the noise factor.

Last edited:

Great...The whole team will come out smashed for warm ups now. :eat3:

I also LOL at the double standards some posters have that were outraged over what Rex said but are able to rationalize what Tom says.

Honestly, don't you see the difference? :confused: What Wrecks said was a veiled threat to visiting fans. Considering the mentality of Green Beans fans I easily can see that being construed as marching orders to harass anyone wearing an opposing team's colors.

The team's spin on what Brady said was silly and unnecessary, although I see it a having much lesser potential impact. I saw no spin on Wrecks' implied threat unless he backpedaled on it afterward. Was any more said by him or the team?

If the crowd was as loud as they were vs the jets on monday night last year every game it would go A LONG way. I don't really buy that it's the stadium structure(although it can definitely make a difference). So those of yall going to the game you better be loud ;) .

Honestly, don't you see the difference? :confused: What Wrecks said was a veiled threat to visiting fans. Considering the mentality of Green Beans fans I easily can see that being construed as marching orders to harass anyone wearing an opposing team's colors.

The team's spin on what Brady said was silly and unnecessary, although I see it a having much lesser potential impact. I saw no spin on Wrecks' implied threat unless he backpedaled on it afterward. Was any more said by him or the team?

==========================================

I do not recall any rebuttal on Rex's comments from him or the Jets PR staff.

I would argue that the considering Pat fans, that Brady"s comments could be construed as marching orders for over drinking of alcohol, drinking could result in traffic accidents, deaths, and fan violence.

Brady could be putting a significant percent of the Pats fan base at serious risk.

:rolleyes:

==========================================

I do not recall any rebuttal on Rex's comments from him or the Jets PR staff.

I would argue that the considering Pat fans, that Brady"s comments could be construed as marching orders for over drinking of alcohol, drinking could result in traffic accidents, deaths, and fan violence.

Brady could be putting a significant percent of the Pats fan base at serious risk.

:rolleyes:

Of course the Pats, being a responsible organization, issued a clarification even though it was an obvious joke and benched their best wr in a playoff game for making a joke whereas the Jets could care less that their QB is committing statutory or that their head coach is asking other guys to bang his wife.

Rex was completely serious and basically threatened bodily harm (or I guess, said, "hey, if you come to bodily harm, I warned ya.") while Tom was laughing and urging the fans to be loud. Two different things. But, I agree it was pretty funny that the PR dept. felt the need to spin what Tom said.

Yes load up the distractions heading into a game with the best team in the AFC.

No doubt, the Chargers are the best team in the AFC just as Rocky Balboa was the best fighter in the world.

I think the NFL should set up a Self Proclaimed Champions Bowl between the Jets and Chargers, every season, and then one of them can always go home with a Fictional Champions Trophy. Too bad hubris isn't an actual material because they could make the trophy out of it.

Of course the Pats, being a responsible organization, issued a clarification even though it was an obvious joke and benched their best wr in a playoff game for making a joke whereas the Jets could care less that their QB is committing statutory or that their head coach is asking other guys to bang his wife.

=============================================

Complete and utter BS

Both comments were completely unecessary and redundant, Brady really didn't need to encourage Patriot fans to get drunk because we were going to do it anyways, and Ryan didn't need to encourage Jet fans to get stupid and violent because they were also going to do so anyways.

Any reasonable ..Patriots fan would understand the context of what he meant.....

BTW this is for ....Sexy Rexy

imgres

Attachments

• toe.jpg
    toe.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back