BRADY vs ROTHLISBERGER

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Early April Fools joke...:nono: . Seriously, this isn't even close...Brady has/had much bigger stones than Big Ben any day of the week. So, if we see any of these threads anywhere...we can have a little laugh and not even waste our time opening them. Brady is the best Super Bowl QB since Joe Montana...with a slight acknowledgement of Steve Young and John Elway.

Please don't EVEN put their names in the same sentence. Ben made a couple of nice plays and plenty of terrible ones. He finished with 123 yards and ONLY 9 completions! The one pass he made to the 2 yard line was a joke...he had like 4 minutes to just stand there and wait for his guy to be open and Madden and Michaels are just in awe of it.

I seriously think my girlfriend could have completed that pass. Well, at least Ben didn't get the MVP...

Last edited:
Drewwho said:
Please don't EVEN put their names in the same sentence. Ben made a couple of nice plays and plenty of terrible ones. He finished with 123 yards and ONLY 9 completions! The one pass he made to the 2 yard line was a joke...he had like 4 minutes to just stand there and wait for his guy to be open...

Ben flat out sucked in this Superbowl. He couldn't carry Brady's jock.

Drewwho said:
Please don't EVEN put their names in the same sentence. Ben made a couple of nice plays and plenty of terrible ones. He finished with 123 yards and ONLY 9 completions! The one pass he made to the 2 yard line was a joke...he had like 4 minutes to just stand there and wait for his guy to be open...
NINE completions! Holy heck, that's....wow.

So, who got the MVP of the first annual Travesty Bowl?

Richter said:
Ben flat out sucked in this Superbowl. He couldn't carry Brady's jock.

No Doubt...Horrendous...I still can't figure out how they won (refs?)

I'm not sure I see the point. Big Ben just won a Super Bowl and Tom had to watch.

Atlanta Patsfan said:
I'm not sure I see the point. Big Ben just won a Super Bowl and Tom had to watch.

I'm not sure I see your point. Ben was clearly in over his head. Brady, in his first Super Bowl was not. However, the media will spin this into a "next Brady" story.

The Patriots would have steamrolled either one of these teams I'm convinced.

Atlanta Patsfan said:

9-21...123 yards....2 INT'S and 0 TD'S

Sure the team won...but Batch would have played better. Go here http://mboard.steelers.com/ when you get a chance and you will see threads similar....thus the post.

Lowest QB rating in history for a SB winner, I think.

Cleary he did not look good. But a win is a win. And I for one will tip my hat to Pittsburg for the long, road dominated Super Bowl march.

Atlanta Patsfan said:
Cleary he did not look good. But a win is a win. And I for one will tip my hat to Pittsburg for the long, road dominated Super Bowl march.

But a win is not always a win.

Not when you have the officials repeatedly screwing the opponent.

I think the coin flip demonstrated the best talent on the field at night!

Drewwho said:
I think the coin flip demonstrated the best talent on the field at night!

Absolutely - I think his presence at the coin flip confirms HE is the king of the NFL.

Atlanta Patsfan said:
The point is the Ben did everything he could to lose the game. Tom does everything he can to win the game.

PATSNUTme said:
The point is the Ben did everything he could to lose the game. Tom does everything he can to win the game.

I thought if Ben came out and played a good game he would be easily a Top 5 NFL QB, now I'm not sure if he's a top 10. The guy pulls plays out of his ass, his mechanics are horrible, he gets bailed out by his receivers very often.

The silver lining behind this is Ben will never win another SB. The guy has played 6 playoff games, looked good-to-great in 3 and straight ******ed in the other 3.

Apparenlty, winning is all that matters, except when the team is other than the patriots, or when the patriots lose (DEN).

Our 2005-2006 team was built on Brady. When he didn't have a great game in Denver, we lost.

PITT certainly doesn't depend on their sophomore QB. It depends on everyone, including a trick play or two (sounds like a team I know from a few years ago). That being said, the stats don't tell the story. Roth called his own number and gave up his own body when it counted, not on a QB screen, but on three runs for first downs.

There were three huge plays that Seattle didn't stop, one a running play, one a passing play (where Roth had 8 seconds to pass) and one a trick play.

IMHO, PITT was the better team. Seattle was pathetic, but just what I expected from an NFC team.

And the refs were their usual incompetent, or perhaps they were just paying back PITT for the rest of the playoffs.

And every team's fans think their team could have beat both teams, the usual sour grapes. We might recall what we called Steeler fans and other losers that thought this when we won especially the first SB. But then, that doesn't count because we ARE the best, whether we win or lose, and every one else stinks in comparison.

Is really true that we are the classiest and most knowledgable fans in the league, or is that only when we win?

Atlanta Patsfan said:

mgteich said:
Apparenlty, winning is all that matters, except when the team is other than the patriots, or when the patriots lose (DEN).

Our 2005-2006 team was built on Brady. When he didn't have a great game in Denver, we lost.

PITT certainly doesn't depend on their sophomore QB. It depends on everyone, including a trick play or two (sounds like a team I know from a few years ago). That being said, the stats don't tell the story. Roth called his own number and gave up his own body when it counted, not on a QB screen, but on three runs for first downs.

There were three huge plays that Seattle didn't stop, one a running play, one a passing play (where Roth had 8 seconds to pass) and one a trick play.

IMHO, PITT was the better team. Seattle was pathetic, but just what I expected from an NFC team.

And the refs were their usual incompetent, or perhaps they were just paying back PITT for the rest of the playoffs.

And every team's fans think their team could have beat both teams, the usual sour grapes. We might recall what we called Steeler fans and other losers that thought this when we won especially the first SB. But then, that doesn't count because we ARE the best, whether we win or lose, and every one else stinks in comparison.

Is really true that we are the classiest and most knowledgable fans in the league, or is that only when we win?

I agree with everyone that Big Ben looked bad and that the refs made some bad calls. The point I was trying to get across is that Pittsburg has just one a SB and deserves some credit as opposed to every facet of our team being better in comparison. Just my 2 cents.

Ben is very very young, and while I agree Brady is a far superior QB, I think what Ben has done so far this point in his career is pretty damn impressive, and he deserves some credit and perhaps a Brady "comparison" is justified. I mean a Pats fan # 1 defense is scoreboard and winning %, let's not be too hypocritical here. Let's see what Ben does for 3 more years before we conclude anything.

The moment that the two teams stepped on the field one team was not going to win.

Pitts took advantage of Seattle mistakes and Ref's bad calls. They did enough with those situations to to win.

So there, for those who want to give Pittsburg credit for not losing,there it is. But that's as far as it goes because that is what happened.

Last edited:
I agree that every facet isn't better. Rothlessberger isn't the best QB in the league by far. However, he will be a Steeler (and a Madden) hero forever because of THE TACKLE and because of the runs for first downs when they were needed, and yes for completing the TD pass without stepping over the line.

I would note that when we win a SB, many on this board posted (for the next year) that every aspect is better because it was good enough to win the SB. Thus, we saw that we had the best OL (or at least close to the best) because they were good enough to win the SB.

As many posted in 2001, PITT is the best TEAM in the NFL this day. For me, they are so much better than the pathetic Hawks. PITT's run through the playoffs was awesome.

And Rothlessberger took the advice of Marino, and basked in the spotlight, beacuse he may never be in the SB again, not even flipping the coin.

Atlanta Patsfan said:
I agree with everyone that Big Ben looked bad and that the refs made some bad calls. The point I was trying to get across is that Pittsburg has just one a SB and deserves some credit as opposed to every facet of our team being better in comparison. Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes