PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Vs. Peyton

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankiesfly

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Whos playing the best right now? They are both playing amazing football right now and would love to have either of them playing on my football team. I love tom brady, he is my favorite quarterback, and totally love the guy, but right now i give peyton the edge, because his team is undefeated, there run game isnt to great, so to me, Peyton is single handedly carrying his team.

UGH, this will never end but can we save this for the conclusion of Sunday's game?

An unearthed repost of some Brady vs Manning stats that I put together when a Manningbacker came around bragging on the Colts regular season win in 2005:

Brownfan80 said:
2000:
Peyton Manning is in his third year and has still won nothing of importance. Brady is drafted in the 6th round (199th) and sits for the season.

Sun 10/8/2000 1:00 PM vs Colts CBS 24-16 W
Sun 10/22/2000 1:00 PM @ Colts CBS 30-23 L

1-1 during the "Brady Era" albeit before the man had taken a snap.

2001:
Peyton is in his fourth year. Brady becomes the starter of the Patriots after Bledsoe goes down in Week 2.

Sun 9/30/2001 1:00 PM vs Colts CBS 44-13 W (Brady's first start)
Sun 10/21/2001 1:00 PM @ Colts CBS 38-17 W

3-1 during the "Brady Era", with Brady himself being 2-0. We of course went on to win the Superbowl that season. (Brady Lombardis - 1, Peyton - 0)

2002:
Peyton in his 5th season, Brady enters his second as a starting QB.

The Patriots and Colts did not play. The Patriots miss the playoffs on a tiebreaker after an up and down 9-7 season. Manning leads the Colts to a 10-6 season, but then loses 41-0 to the Jets in the first round. (Brady Lombardis - 1, Peyton - 0)

2003:
Peyton in his sixth, Brady's third as a starter. Manning is the NFL Co-MVP with Steven McNair.

Sun 11/30/2003 1:00 PM @ Colts CBS 38-34 W

4-1 during the regular season of the "Brady Era", with Brady himself being 3-0.

Sun 1/18/2004 3:00 PM vs Colts CBS 24-14 W

The first playoff matchup between the Brady led Patriots and Peyton led Colts goes to Tom Brady. The Patriots go on to win the Superbowl after defeating both Co-MVPs in back to back playoff games. 5-1 (combined) Brady Era, 4-0 (combined) with Tom Brady as the QB. (Brady Lombardis - 2, Peyton - 0)

2004:
Peyton in his seventh, Brady's fourth as a starter. Manning has one of the best regular seasons in NFL history, setting the record for TDs at 49. He's named NFL MVP with 49 of 50 votes.

Thu 9/9/2004 9:00 PM vs Colts ABC 27-24 W

5-1 during the regular season of the "Brady Era", with Brady himself being 4-0.

Sun 1/16/2005 4:30 PM vs Colts 20-3 W

The second playoff matchup between the Brady led Patriots and Peyton led Colts also goes to Tom Brady. The Patriots again go on to win the Superbowl. 7-1 (combined) Brady Era, 6-0 (combined) with Tom Brady as the QB. (Brady Lombardis - 3, Peyton - 0)

2005:
Peyton in his eighth, Brady's fifth as a starter.

Mon 11/7/2005 9:00 PM vs Colts ABC 40-21 L

Manning leads the Colts to the first regular season win over the Patriots since 2000. Manning does not face the Patriots in the playoffs, but loses in the AFC Championship game to the eventual SB Champion Steelers.

5-2 during the regular season of the "Brady Era", with Brady himself being 4-1. 7-2 (combined) Brady Era, 6-1 (combined) with Tom Brady as the QB. (Brady Lombardis - 3, Peyton - 0)

both are good because both their teams would be dead without them...this debate has no other conclusive answer

SVN said:
both are good because both their teams would be dead without them...this debate has no other conclusive answer

I really think this about sums it up.

frankiesfly said:
Whos playing the best right now? They are both playing amazing football right now and would love to have either of them playing on my football team. I love tom brady, he is my favorite quarterback, and totally love the guy, but right now i give peyton the edge, because his team is undefeated, there run game isnt to great, so to me, Peyton is single handedly carrying his team.

They are 1A and 1B. Manning has the advantage of having Harrison and not having to adjust to a new receiving core. I know I wouldn't trade Brady for Manning straight up. He's just the whole package. Great teammate, great leader, great QB, and knows how to win.

I think you've committed blasphemy.

SVN said:

Bullspit! Manning just carries his team. Any QB could just throw slants and screens like Marcia.

Well, Manning hasn't been carrying his team in the playoffs. Unless of course a 3-6 record is intential, then good job!

C'mon. Manning's teams have been pitiful running and stopping the run in the playoffs. You can't fault him because his teammates failed. Could Brady have scored on every single possession like Manning's Colts did vs. KC? I think NOT! LOL!

3 'ships my friend. 3 'ships.

Just trying to get a head start here. :bricks:

SVN said:

Does it really matter who is better? They are both great QBs and are major reasons they both win. I wouldn't trade Brady for Manning, but if we didn't have Brady I'd be thrilled to have Manning. I'm sure the reverse is true for Colts fans.

All that matters is that we keep winning Superbowls....

That's all!

Brady is a better QB end of story. From a post I made on another board where the Colts fans were talking smack about Brady:

Colts have a good offense, but the Pats have a good O and D. I'll say:

Pats 38
Colts 20

I'll give the Colts 20 due to Manning the Pats D is giving up under 11 per game (they have given up 2 ST TD and a fumble for a TD on the first play of the season).

BTW, Brady is a better QB heads up than Manning especially his ability to execute in the last 2 minutes of the game the bigger the game the better Brady is.

Brady in Domes: 103.5 QB rating
Manning in Domes:102.0 Qb ratomg

Brady Outdoors: 87.0
Manning Outdoors:86.0

So during the regular season Brady has marginally better stats. Due to a better TD/Int ratio. Most people look at the overall QB rating and TD/Int, this is deceptive because throwing outdoors in a place like Foxvorom the Meadowkands or Buffalo in Nov/Dec is a lot tougher than throwing in a dome.

What about playoff games, well that woouldn't be fair, Brady is 10-1 the best % of wins of any QB in NFL history since Otto Graham (most of his playoff wins were in the All American Football conference not the NFL and the lowest Int % in the playoffs of any Qn in NFL history (1.36%). BTW Brady also has the highest winning % of any QB in NFL history with more than 50 starts. Brady's % of come from behind wins are also higher than Elway, Marino and Staubach.

Oh year just for the record Brady QB rating in the SB is over 100. Think about that his rating in the biggest game against the best competition is HIGHER than his 'normal' regular season game.

Brady had Dillon for 2004 and A Smith as a running back, Nabbubg had E James and M Faulk as his RB's. I think we can all agree that Manning has had the better WR's.

Note none of the above has anything to do with the respective D's.

BTW the stats are from CHFF good part 3 of why Brady is better than Manning article.

Brady --> B Russell
Manning --> W Chamberlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back