PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs. Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEfan32

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
This biggest debate in the NFL. Who is better? Manning or Brady?

All the experts say they don't care who they get. They are interchangeable.

Well, that is ridiculous. The best QB is Tom Brady.

For his entire career, Peyton had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Brandon Stockely, Joseph Addai, Edgerrin James. He had a great offense every season. He won 1 SB because the Patriots had a depleted secondary and injured defense. Nevertheless, he won a SB.

Tom Brady never had elite receivers or playmakers. He had Corey Dillon one season and Troy Brown for one good season. He won 3 SB with good teams. Tom Brady has proven he can win with so-so players around him. Peyton on the other hand has proven he needs his players to win. So how are they the same?

The other question. What if Brady had Peytons receivers. Well, they added Moss, Stallworth, Welker and Watson. Wellah! In ONE SEASON with actual talented receivers, he is obliterating Peyton's numbers. In one season. I repeat, it has taken him only one season.

Can someone please explain how Peyton is as good or better than Brady?

Peyton is clearly the 2nd best QB, but Brady has proven he can win with and without talent. Peyton has only shown us he can win with talent.

We all know that. But do we need another one of these threads?

This is a relatively well covered topic lately.

Why is it that almost every new poster here thinks this is a hot topic we haven't beat into the ground like the proverbial dead horse in about ten thousand threads before they ever got here...:rolleyes:

Why is it that almost every new poster here thinks this is a hot topic we haven't beat into the ground like the proverbial dead horse in about ten thousand threads before they ever got here...:rolleyes:

Yeah my bad. I just scrolled down and saw the like 10 page thread on it.

More amazing is that no one ever mentions the difference of playing in a dome vs. playing in the cold. The average QB is about a 15 point difference under these conditions. Brady's stats are much better than Manning's if you factor in that difference, and that doesn't even include the difference in playmakers.

For the record, you could say the same thing about Favre vs. Marino. Although Dan never played in a dome, it was always warm in Miami. Contrast that to Green Bay.

Yeah my bad. I just scrolled down and saw the like 10 page thread on it.

No sweat, I just posted a duplicate. Somehow I can't get the DELETE feature to come up. Happens.

More amazing is that no one ever mentions the difference of playing in a dome vs. playing in the cold. The average QB is about a 15 point difference under these conditions. Brady's stats are much better than Manning's if you factor in that difference, and that doesn't even include the difference in playmakers.

If you look at the two QBs its over 16 points extra for playing in the dome, but Peyton only plays an extra 7 games per year in the dome.

It works out to a bit more than 7 points, which makes the two QBs roughly equal heading into this year.

Of course once you factor in Peyton's superior weapons before this year, that makes Tom the clearly superior QB.

I'm just glad someone finally asked this question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back