PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs. Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Domes make a difference! Brady has to work in the mudd, sleet, snow and rain not to mention fridgid temperatures. Manning has had little of that. It makes a difference. Perfect conditions make a difference to a QB and Manning has had an advantage.
OVERRATED!!! So, you had 1 mud bowl last year. I get tired of the whole weather thing. Screw it, it's football, go play. That INCLUDES silly Colts fans posting weather forecasts for road trips. Manning had a pretty decent day in a driving rainstorm recently, did you catch it?
Seriously though, it is friggin HOT in Miami in September, WHEN is the LAST TIME you played their in September??

This has become a lot like Majic vs Bird.

Can anybody really say who was the better of the two?

I hated Majic in the early\mid 80's but in time I came to respect him and the rest of the Lakers. The knock on the Lakers was they weren't a tough team, sound familiar?

After getting beat up by the Celtics, especially in the 84 finals the Lakers learned their lessons from their tormentors and became a smart tough team that could play "show time" Lakers ball but could also play Eastern Conference tough basketball.

The Colts finally got it last year. Manning wasn't trying to go deep every down. He was willing to take what the defense was going to give him and the Colts made a commitment to the run with Addai. They also played tough physical run defense.

The Celtics and the Lakers ended up becoming very respectful of each other especially as other teams and their stars players were disrespectful such as Sixers with Barkley, or the Pistons with Lambier, Thomas, etc.

I don't know of any Colts players coming out and saying "Ya they only beat us in all those games because they knew our plays."

Unlike Pitt with Bettis and Ward, or Cincy with Palmer. There was no "In NE they think if you're not cheating you're not trying" like LT, or like LT again with "If we played this team 10 times we would win 9."

Why? Because the Colts players respect the NE players and know they are champions, and the Pats players feel the same way.

As fans we are behind the curve on this because there's been so many great battles between these teams.

Obviously I want the Pats to win another Super Bowl for a lot of reasons including Brady being viewed as the best to ever play but I think Manning and Brady are going to be viewed like Majic and Bird in the end.

Also if I had to lose to another team and I was given the choice now, and this would have been much different a year ago, and the choices were:

Jets and Mangina
Chargers and Sir Whine-A-Lot
Pitt with Ward I steal from my friends (and Bettis even though he's gone)
Bengals and Carson I've never won a playoff game but we're better than NE

or the Colts

I'd pick the team who I respect and respects me every time.

I'm going to enjoy this rivalry while it lasts and I hope we destroy the Colts in November and again in the playoffs but I hope they are playing great football and beat everybody else so these match ups are epic.

Brady has 3* rings. Manning has 1.

Manning won his against Rex, and with the worst passer rating in SB history (or damn close)..... so let's call it Brady = 3* , Manning - .5

Go ahead and hold on to that silly asterisk in your mind, pretty soon it's all you have left to hold on to as your "1 and done" Colts once again fade away in the playoffs. It's sad that we won't even have the honor of getting to play you in the AFCCG this year for some payback. I'm putting my money on the Squealers coming in to RCA once again and punching you guys in the mouth and right out of the playoffs.

AFCCG = Patriots 38, Steelers 14 :rocker:

Manning won his against Rex, and with the worst passer rating in SB history (or damn close)..... so let's call it Brady = 3* , Manning - .5

Go ahead and hold on to that silly asterisk in your mind, pretty soon it's all you have left to hold on to as your "1 and done" Colts once again fade away in the playoffs. It's sad that we won't even have the honor of getting to play you in the AFCCG this year for some payback. I'm putting my money on the Squealers coming in to RCA once again and punching you guys in the mouth and right out of the playoffs.

AFCCG = Patriots 38, Steelers 14 :rocker:

Rex looked awful because our D was so dominant. And don't worry, if we don't get to meet in the AFCCG it's because some other team knocked you guys out and took that joy away from us. My money is on the Broncos, who own you. FYI - watch this weekend how a team handles them. Hopefully Belicheat will learn a thing or two. Maybe he can point his little camera towards the filed this time.

Rex looked awful because our D was so dominant. And don't worry, if we don't get to meet in the AFCCG it's because some other team knocked you guys out and took that joy away from us. My money is on the Broncos, who own you. FYI - watch this weekend how a team handles them. Hopefully Belicheat will learn a thing or two. Maybe he can point his little camera towards the filed this time.

A fan of a team that reportedly pumps in artificial crowd noise and plays games with stadium temperatures probably shouldn't be making references to so-called 'cheating' by other teams.

Last edited:

He looks awful because of everyone D. By the way, the Colts won out in the playoffs despite Peyton' piss-poor performances

Last edited:
A fan of a team that reportedly pumps in artificial crowd noise and plays games with stadium temperatures probably shouldn't be making references to so-called 'cheating' by other teams.

Colts haven't been found guilty of anything, all pure speculation by opposing coaches. The temperature thing, if true, affects both teams so that's just silly. The noise is a by-product of playing in a small dome--it's called home-field advantage for a reason.

THe pats however, well, you guys have been found guilty of cheating and fined accordingly. Public humiliation galore.

But don't let those facts stand in the way of your argument...

Colts haven't been found guilty of anything, all pure speculation by opposing coaches. The temperature thing, if true, affects both teams so that's just silly. The noise is a by-product of playing in a small dome--it's called home-field advantage for a reason.

THe pats however, well, you guys have been found guilty of cheating and fined accordingly. Public humiliation galore.

Your team cheats. Now you're just being a hypocrite. Typical Colts troll.

Re: Brady vs. Manning or rather BB vs Polian

I think you could make a case that Bill Polian has helped warp the rules of the NFL to make it possible for teams constructed to have overwhelming offenses a substantial advantage. I don't think the effect has ever been as obvious and that has never been as one sided as today. for evidence, merely look at the Passer Rating's for the top dozen passers. Impossibly high scores compared to former years. That alone show that something is entirely out of whack.

You could even argue that Belichick, ever the realist, recognized that "stacked deck", and purposely went out to create such a monstrous offense for his own team, in order to compete with the altered rules.

I think from the evidence of three games, two against playoff teams, he has succeeded.

What are the rules that make it such a warped league favoring the Offense?

One, the ridiculous Pass interference rules. Those are the only subjective penalties that can be worth as much as 99 yards and a First Down on the opposition 1 yard line. That is akin to awarding a Touchdown as a penalty. A wholly inappropriate penalty.

Second, the equally obnoxious pass "holding" penalties, that have become so common, and

Third the "chuck emphasis" rule that Polian certainly had a lot to do with, and almost certainly was the principal instigator.

All three are the overboard, insane rules.

Polian used his position on the so-called "Competition Committee" to stall creating an egregious PI, and a incidental PI penalty clarification, just like the face mask rule. That is further evidence that he has warped the rules, from his position on the "Competition Committee", to benefit his own teams' composition.
All's fair in love war and football. That is as much "C******g" as filming. But they still lifted a first draft pick; the equal response would be merited. But then Polian's' boys don't have one.

Meanwhile, BB never gets mad; he merely gets equal (or better). He can play that game too...:cool:

Stop projecting, it's pathetic.

Who's projecting? I'm calling you a hypocrite, you troll. Your team cheats and is run by a loser who had to get the rules changed because he couldn't win any other way.

Oh, wait.... did I fail to mention his alleged assault of another team's employee or his wish for real injury to a player from another team?

Whatever dipslit. Rest easy. You now have your excuse for losing so many years when Manning choked. I guess if it helps you sleep better. Your team wouda, coulda, shoulda.

I think you could make a case that Bill Polian has helped warp the rules of the NFL to make it possible for teams constructed to have overwhelming offenses a substantial advantage. I don't think the effect has ever been as obvious and that has never been as one sided as today. for evidence, merely look at the Passer Rating's for the top dozen passers. Impossibly high scores compared to former years. That alone show that something is entirely out of whack.

You could even argue that Belichick, ever the realist, recognized that "stacked deck", and purposely went out to create such a monstrous offense for his own team, in order to compete with the altered rules.

I think from the evidence of three games, two against playoff teams, he has succeeded.

What are the rules that make it such a warped league favoring the Offense?

One, the ridiculous Pass interference rules. Those are the only subjective penalties that can be worth as much as 99 yards and a First Down on the opposition 1 yard line. That is akin to awarding a Touchdown as a penalty. A wholly inappropriate penalty.

Second, the equally obnoxious pass "holding" penalties, that have become so common, and

Third the "chuck emphasis" rule that Polian certainly had a lot to do with, and almost certainly was the principal instigator.

All three are the overboard, insane rules.

Polian used his position on the so-called "Competition Committee" to stall creating an egregious PI, and a incidental PI penalty clarification, just like the face mask rule. That is further evidence that he has warped the rules, from his position on the "Competition Committee", to benefit his own teams' composition.
All's fair in love war and football. That is as much "C******g" as filming. But they still lifted a first draft pick; the equal response would be merited. But then Polian's' boys don't have one.

Meanwhile, BB never gets mad; he merely gets equal (or better). He can play that game too...:cool:

Let me get this straight, Polian, the evil mastermind that you make him out to be, has found a way to manipulate the system legally and as a result make his team better? Okay, let me know when you find something I should be ashamed of.

(Other than jacking the Dome up to 85 degrees last year when half your team had the flu) -- Mod Edit. replacing what was originally there.

The infamous "memo" didn't go out until 2006, slick. New England had won its Super Bowls prior to that. Only fools will make the asterisk claim.

Oh, wait.... didn't you just make that claim?

Mods, please delete this post. It was a response to a post that is no longer here. Thanks.

Last edited:

Let me get this straight, Polian, the evil mastermind that you make him out to be, has found a way to manipulate the system legally and as a result make his team better? Okay, let me know when you find something I should be ashamed of.

PS - Mod edit.

Some people will never stop beating that drum, namely those who need an excuse. The truth is more and more people are realizig that what the Pats did is violate a rule about having a camera on the field, not cheat. More and more articles are written every day. Every team uses survalance, whether its binoculars, naked eye, camera in the booth, whatever. You losers are a joke. have your little high fiveing tea parties to hate the Patriots and and excuse your failures. Pathetic and sad.

Some people will never stop beating that drum, namely those who need an excuse. The truth is more and more people are realizig that what the Pats did is violate a rule about having a camera on the field, not cheat. More and more articles are written every day. Every team uses survalance, whether its binoculars, naked eye, camera in the booth, whatever. You losers are a joke. have your little high fiveing tea parties to hate the Patriots and and excuse your failures. Pathetic and sad.

Ok, that's a good point.

Well, with the dominating style of play they're putting out on gameday, they seem to be proving that they really didn't need to break the rule. And that the use of the film was for studying the next time the teams met. it was just a bad call by Belichick to have the guy out in the open, because all teams plant a guy in the press box or wherever.

But that's fine, the crap the media, and most importantly, the rest of the league and their fans are throwing seems to provide just the right motivation they need to prove em all wrong.

Us Against The World. That mentality has done wonders for them in the past, it just may get them their 4th Superbowl in 7 years now too.

Last edited:

Manning overrated. Colts are overrated. Titans suck, texans suck and so dont the saints. The sfc south aint that great and like indy as a whole its overrated. Colts will get killed when the face us.

Hahahahaah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back