PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs. Manning: Help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm as a big of a Brady fan as most of you and when wearing my rose colored glasses and drinking the Kool Aid, I thought Brady was the best. As much as I hate to say this (puking in my mouth), I would take Peyton over Brady if I had to pick a QB. I know Brady has 3 SB rings and I am grateful for that but it's a team sport. SB rings shouldn't determine how good a player is. Let's not forget that Gomer Pyle has 4 MVP awards (even back to back). That's an astonishing feat in itself. The only stat or accomplishment Brady has over Pyle is 2 more rings.... and hopefully it stays that way. If Manning ties his ring record there will never be another debate unless your looking for a good laugh.

Last edited:
For me, playoff record and rings spells it out clearly. So if Manning does end up with as many or more rings, than hats off to him. DOn't forget these guys still have maybe 5 good years (+/- 1 yr) left in them.

Also that Football Outsiders article linked earlier in this thread is another good discussion point.

Re: Brady vs Manning Help me out

it's getting harder to do Ian. Sad but true. I'd rank Manning a little ahead of TFB if the Colts win it in two weeks. The guy is incredible.

The one big knock i have against him...is that he has played more than half his career games in a dome.

Agreed. Brady's career dome stats and outdoor stats are better, but when you put them together Peyton's are better, of course, since he plays *most* of his games in a dome, and Brady rarely does. That said, you can make a credible case for either being better overall.

Thanks everyone. I'm going to close this to keep the trolls away. If anyone has anything else, fire it over via PM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back