PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs. Manning: Help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right on cue, a PM from him:

"As a mod I would think you know better, but nothing makes me feel quite as good as when a mod like you tucks their tale and pushes their *Ban* button when they are out matched in a argument"

To that guy...

You were off-topic. The sole purpose of this thread was to compile stats for Brady to help Ian create a site. You posting your argument for Manning being superior had no use and took the thread off course.

There have already been many full-out debate topics, if you really are that interested in doing so you could just bump one of those.

Manning has probably evolved more as a QB. Whereas he was flummoxed by some of the defensive looks BB & others gave him earlier in his career, he is now basically in total command out on the field. He reads the D & calls audibles at the line like no other.

People like to say that Brady has 3 rings compared to Manning's 1, but I'd bet just about anything that Manning would have at least 3 if Belichek had been his coach earlier on.

I'd also bet pretty good money that it's more likely that Manning ends up with at least 1 or 2 more than it is that Brady gets another.

But they're both all-time greats. The debate is essentially for hair-splitters...

Oops - muh bad. I read a few of the responses & thought it was the more traditional "Brady v. Manning" thread.

Ignore my post above...

TOUGHEST POSTSEASONS OF SUPER BOWL CHAMPS (since merger; four-game playoffs in italics)
Year

Team

Opponents’ Record

Opponents’ Win %

New England

40-8

N.Y. Giants

51-13

Pittsburgh

51-13

N.Y. Giants

38-10

Oakland

32-9-1

New England

37-11

Know your football:

Defense ranking 2009/2010

1. Jets
2. Packers
3. Ravens
4. Bengals
5. Steelers
6. Vikings

People who know football will tell you that top to bottom the Minnesota Vikings have the best defense in the NFL. People who know football will tell you that despite stats that rank 2009 as the 2nd best season of his career, 2009 was NOT the 2nd best season in Tom Brady's career. Far from it as a matter of fact. So much for stats.....
A great coach and a man who knows his football once said "stats are for losers". ;)
The Bengals???? The AARP Ravens?? :rofl:
Would you please bring something to the table and leave the lame stats behind. They're misleading and irrelevant.

GREATEST SCORING OFFENSES (all of NFL history)

Team

Games

PPG

Record

Result

1950 Rams

9-3

Lost NFL title game

2007 Patriots

16-0

Lost SB XLII

1961 Oilers (AFL)

10-3-1

Won AFL title

1941 Bears

10-1

Won NFL title

1998 Vikings

15-1

Lost NFC title game

1942 Bears

11-0

Lost NFL title game

1983 Redskins

14-2

Lost SB XVIII

2000 Rams

10-6

Lost NFC wildcard

1967 Raiders (AFL)

13-1

Lost SB II

1948 Cardinals*

11-1

Lost NFL title game*

Tired of fighting this fight. Both are great and I have no problem with either being best ever.

Last edited:
Good stuff so far. This nonsense about him just drives me nuts. I understand he's a great qb, I'm not denying that. However I thought the point of each NFL season was to win a championship and make the guys around you better not just numbers (and Brady's pretty comparable and did have one of the greatest seasons ever as a qb). I guess I'm just talking crazy there.

Needless to say great job, and keep them coming :cool:

Well Brady hasn't won a SB in about 5 years there.

Manning is 20,000 career yards and something like 140 TDs ahead of Brady. His averages are better too.

Oh and he's beaten the Pats 5 out of the last six times they've played.

And he didn't throw 3 INTs and lose to the Ravens this year.

Brady's a great QB. Manning is just better. No shame in it.

If you want to use the SB rings to decide who's better then fine. Terry Bradshaw is better than Brady.

Heck Dilfer is better than Marino. And Moon. And as good as Steve Young.

I recently finally came to terms with the fact that Manning is the best of all-time. I advise others do the same. It's no big deal. Really. It doesn't diminish any of Brady's accomplishments. But the extended high level of play that Manning has been able to maintain is staggering. And he doesn't even need to win another SB.

I remember rooting for the Bengals in their SB vs. SF and on that final Montana drive, thinking to myself he never makes a bad pass or makes the wrong decision. They are going to win. I think the same thing when I see Manning play. I haven't thought the same thing about Brady in years.

If you ask most people 99% will tell you Joe Montana is the best qb of all time. Hard to disagree right now, even though 31 td's are the most he had in one season and even though his stats aren't as good as Marino , elway, favre, etc. But where he's different is postseason and SB's, he's 16-6 career 4rings. Manning just got to 9-8 postseason where Brady is 14-4 with 3rings. Great QB's are judged by postseason so why doesn't manning get critizized for his poor record in the biggest games. You can't argue both ways.

If you ask most people 99% will tell you Joe Montana is the best qb of all time. Hard to disagree right now, even though 31 td's are the most he had in one season and even though his stats aren't as good as Marino , elway, favre, etc. But where he's different is postseason and SB's, he's 16-6 career 4rings. Manning just got to 9-8 postseason where Brady is 14-4 with 3rings. Great QB's are judged by postseason so why doesn't manning get critizized for his poor record in the biggest games. You can't argue both ways.

You want to talk about playing with HOFers go check out who Montana played with on both sides of the ball. And the 9ers didn't miss a beat after he retired. They kept right on rolling, hell, even Elvis Gerbac looked good with the 9ers.

BTW, Montana had 3 straight one and dones, from 1985 to 1987. And a couple of them were blowouts. Even the best have bad games.

Ha. Nice comeback. "GFY"! Did you hear that guys? He said "GFY"!

Full damage control mode is right.

The tears are sweet.

What damage control? Your boy is barely .500 in the playoffs. He chokes. He has only 1 ring.

Brady is 14-4 with 3 rings.

You and all the other Colts fans have a serious blind spot.

Well Brady hasn't won a SB in about 5 years there.
And Peyton has only won one in the past decade. Brady has three. What's your point?

Manning is 20,000 career yards and something like 140 TDs ahead of Brady. His averages are better too.
He also started playing before Brady and has had HoF talent surrounding him for most of his career.

Oh and he's beaten the Pats 5 out of the last six times they've played.
And Brady is up on Manning 7-4 in head to head matchups (You included the 2008 game where Cassell was QB. Were you living under a rock or something?)

And he didn't throw 3 INTs and lose to the Ravens this year.

Yet, he threw 7 Ints to just 3 Tds in his SB run.

Brady's a great QB. Manning is just better. No shame in it.
You so far have shown nothing to back that up.

If you want to use the SB rings to decide who's better then fine. Terry Bradshaw is better than Brady.

Heck Dilfer is better than Marino. And Moon. And as good as Steve Young.

Using SB rings helps if the two QBs in question are generally close to each other already.

Good stuff so far. This nonsense about him just drives me nuts. I understand he's a great qb, I'm not denying that. However I thought the point of each NFL season was to win a championship and make the guys around you better not just numbers (and Brady's pretty comparable and did have one of the greatest seasons ever as a qb). I guess I'm just talking crazy there.

Needless to say great job, and keep them coming :cool:

06 would have been the feather in Brady's cap. He elevated his recievers and the team on a whole that year. But, alas he fell short. If I had to distinguish one thing between the two it would be. Coaching consistency. Brady has developed form moving the chains and under center. Then on to more spread and down the field. On to his third OC. This isn't meant as a knock on Brady. But I just have to wonder even how much further ahead of Manning, Brady would be if we just ran the same system year in year out. Keep it short and simple. That's what the Colts have done. They have gotten so precise with it it's almost unstoppable.
If Moore get's another ring him and Mudd will be gone and then the cat will be out of the bag......

Peyton had the easiest joke to get to the superbowl.

The #5 and #6 seeds (two 9-7 teams), and at home in his dome. I hope Peyton has fun coming to foxboro next year.

Ha. Nice comeback. "GFY"! Did you hear that guys? He said "GFY"!

Full damage control mode is right.

The tears are sweet.

Get out of my thread :beatingcoming: (boots him)

This must be linked to from somewhere. They think it's damage control while we're simply having a discussion :cool:

We're 58 posts in and there's plenty for me to work from. Let's start winding this down so I can lock it before every fan in Indy who has nothing else to do but come here and cause trouble shows up :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back