PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs. Manning: Help me out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a good article from Boston's WEEI on why Peyton is the best ever, and this is coming a Patriots radio station, unbiased.
patriots - It hurts to say this, but Peyton Manning is the best ever - WEEI | Kirk Minihane

And even 2007, you can't argue for sure that he even had a better season than Manning in 05
But Brady has the best single season of the two, right? That plus the 14-4 playoff record plus the (for the moment at least) two extra Super Bowls is enough, isn’t it?

True, Brady broke Manning’s TD pass record in 2007. He threw 50 TDs to Manning’s 49. But he needed an extra 81 passes (over two games worth) to get to 50. Manning’s TD percentage was higher (9.9 percent to 8.7 percent, which means that Manning would have finished with 57 TD passes had he attempted the same amount of attempts as Brady did in 2007), as was his passer rating (121.1 to 117.2). Both great, great seasons, but I don’t think anyone could really state with any confidence which was the better one.

Other numbers? Well, Brady has finished in the top five in passing yards, TD passes and QB rating a combined eight times in his career. In those 10 years Manning has finished in the top five a combined 22 times.

The case is closed.

Peyton Manning is the best quarterback I've ever seen.

Still hurts to write it.

Last edited:
Looks like you Patriot fans are preparing to go into full damage control mode, and rightfully so.

:D Actually it's your defense that better start their full damage control mode. Goober better score every time he has the ball because that's what the Saints are going to do to your average defense, dominate them all game long. Ain't no more Joe Flacco's and that one dimensional Jet offense to make your boys look good. The Saints put up 31 points on the best defense in football, the Minnesota Vikings, and did so with Drew Bress playing a mediocre game and an invisible Reggie Bush. Your defense isn't good enough to slow down best offense in the NFL, the New Orleans Saints.

This may not even be an argument, I'll certainly try though.

2001 SB Run

Divisional week: A home game against a tough raiders team that was suppose to beat the pats easily. (#3 seed).
AFCCG: Mediots said the pats shouldn't even show up against the 13-3 (#1 seed) Steelers team.
Superbowl: 12 point underdogs, 14-2, #1 seed, greatest show on turf, may I say more?

Conclusion: Home vs. #3 seed, Away vs. #1. SB vs. #1.

2003 SB Run

Divisional week: A home game vs #5 (or #6?) Titans. Not the easiest game in freezing weather.
AFCCG: The #2 seeded Colts come to town, will Peyton stop the pats? Nope.
SB: #2 seeded Panthers with a high powered offense.

Conclusion: Home vs. #5, Home vs. #2. SB vs. #2

2004 SB Run

Divisional Week: A home game against the #3 seeded Colts. Mediots thought Peyton would finally go to the SB. Nope
AFCCG: #1 seeded 15-1 Steelers away.
SB: #1 seeded Eagles.

Conclusion: Home vs. #3, away vs. #1, SB vs. #1.

Colts SB runs- 2006

Wildcard: A 10-6 chiefs team with a horrible defense.
Divisional: Away against a very overrated 13-3 baltimore that year.
AFCCG: A home game against the #4 over-achieving patriot squad, peytons clutches game to date.
SB: #1 seeded Bears who would've won if Rex Grossman didn't blow the game completely.

Conclusion: Home vs. #6, away vs. #2, home vs. #4, SB vs. #1

Divisional: #6 ravens team, joe flacco injured, woooop.
AFCCG: #5 Jets with a rookie quarterback.
SB: #1 seeded Saints

Conclusion (if they win): home vs #6, home vs. #5, SB vs. #1

Brady has had great playoff runs while I rate the 2006 Colts one easy except for the Pats. The 2009 run may have been the easiest run a team has had to a superbowl. (Which is why I think the Saints will win).

Hell, you can even bring up the pats 2007 season to help I guess.

Divisional: Home vs. #5
AFCCG: Home vs. #3
SB: vs #5 (hot giants team).

The above could show how the pats lost the superbowl because there playoff run was too easy.

IDK, I was bored.

this is coming a Patriots radio station, unbiased

>implying Boston radio stations aren't the most pessimistic and negative critics of everything affiliated with the Patriots.

Originally Posted by L Bizzle
Looks like you Patriot fans are preparing to go into full damage control mode, and rightfully so.

I just kicked you out of this thread because I can :cool:

Let's keep this thread on task and ignore the noise.

:D Actually it's your defense that better start their full damage control mode. Goober better score every time he has the ball because that's what the Saints are going to do to your average defense, dominate them all game long. Ain't no more Joe Flacco's and that one dimensional Jet offense to make your boys look good. The Saints put up 31 points on the best defense in football, the Minnesota Vikings, and did so with Drew Bress playing a mediocre game and an invisible Reggie Bush. Your defense isn't good enough to slow down best offense in the NFL, the New Orleans Saints.

Know your football:

Defense ranking 2009/2010

1. Jets
2. Packers
3. Ravens
4. Bengals
5. Steelers
6. Vikings

>implying Boston radio stations aren't the most pessimistic and negative critics of everything affiliated with the Patriots.

When there actually talking about the Patriots and not the Sox and politics...

Or...

The Patriots without Brady had 0 zero Super Bowls. The Patriots with Brady have 3 Super Bowls.

The 2000 Patriots (minus Brady) went 5-11. The 2001 Patriots (w/ Brady) went 11-5 and won the Super Bowl.

he is not trying to sell me on tom brady, i think he is the GOAT and noting he dose will make me think any less

he is trying to win over colts fans and sports writters who don't care with the pats did 10 years ago or there last SB win 5 years ago

If/Then means Peytie is better?

they teach anything other than sow grooming out there in Hayseed Heaven or what

well, let's play the Indy mongo argument...if Brady had thrown more TD's in 2007 HE would have had 59...or 60...or 85...gee ..this is fun...wish I could keep it up but I think it takes a real moron to make these incredible pretzel logic posts and since I learned to spell cat and actually "gradjeeated" past the third grade Indy barometer of intelligence, I'm pretty much out of the loop on the correct strategies for "Moron Mania..the game even coma ward patients can play!!! AND weeee-un!!!"

Good stuff so far. This nonsense about him just drives me nuts. I understand he's a great qb, I'm not denying that. However I thought the point of each NFL season was to win a championship and make the guys around you better not just numbers (and Brady's pretty comparable and did have one of the greatest seasons ever as a qb). I guess I'm just talking crazy there.

Needless to say great job, and keep them coming :cool:

this is the chicken and egg think which brady and BB will never escape. Belichick is always question how many SB's he could win without brady.And brady is always credited with playing with a better defense in those yrs and being a trent dilfer as marshall faulk says.
Brady will never win this argument just because its impossible to accept that a 6th round pick can beat out the chosen one.

Who is Kirk Minihane?? Seriously I've never heard of him and I catch WEEI quite often throughout the week. Who is he?

Goob Manning is having one of the best seasons ever but he's not Brady or Montana caliber in the playoffs and Dan Marino was the best pure passer I've ever seen. What made Marino so impressive is that he perfomed his magic in an era when men were men and pass defense was allowed. Bill PoliOn has sissyfied the game for Goober's benefit and had his competition committee outlaw playing pass defense so Gooby could thrive. Imagine what Marino could have done playing in this era of arena ball aka the NFL in 2009/2010?? Scary!!!!

he is not trying to sell me on tom brady, i think he is the GOAT and noting he dose will make me think any less

I know. ;)

I was just giving him the proper refute to anyone who would bring up what you mentioned they'd bring up.

Defense ranking 2009/2010

Maybe that poster was just giving his opinion instead of using misleading statistics? There is no way you can say any of those 5 teams were without a doubt better than the Vikings, especially after how bad the Jets and Packers were exposed in the post-season. The Steelers? One of the biggest defensive chokers this season.

Also, the Vikings had the best pass-rush in the NFL.

Last edited:
Manning is great but he's had more talent around him than any of the top QBs:

Manning - Harrison, Wayne, Clarke for most if not all of his career plus garcon, collie in 2009

Brady - Deion branch, troy brown, givens for most of his career plus Moss, Welker in 2007, 2009

Montana - Rice, John Taylor, brent jones

Marino - Mark Clayton, Mark Duper

Favre - Bernard Berrian, Sidney Rice, percy harvin at the age of 40 and donald driver when he was in green bay

Elway - Rod Smith towards the end of his career

Bradshaw - John Stallworth, Lynn Swann

In short, Manning has been spoiled beyond silly. THe guy was born spoiled and it just continued into adulthood.

Last edited:
Right on cue, a PM from him:

"As a mod I would think you know better, but nothing makes me feel quite as good as when a mod like you tucks their tale and pushes their *Ban* button when they are out matched in a argument"

Also:

Brady: Outdoor NE weather.

Manning: Happy fun fun dome.

Sorry Joker, I'm on my Ipod and that little triangle is right next to the reply button on page 3 so I accidentally booted you. I've fixed it.

but nothing makes me feel quite as good as when a mod like you tucks their tale and pushes their *Ban* button when they are out matched in a argument"

sounds like the jackarz tried to take the bull by the whornz with THAT witty malaprop

Also:

Brady: Outdoor NE weather.

Manning: Happy fun fun dome.

This might kill that argument, but we'll have to look at his indoor/outdoor record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back