PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs Manning Debate to end this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah but Manning hasn't had the defensive support that Brady has had all these years. Manning always had to try and do too much because he knew the defense would let him down..I don't know I could be wrong, just trying to throw something out for discussion..

I see it the complete opposite. Manning rode his "lousy defense" to all those wins in the regular season, then when the spotlight came on, he choked. he's done it since college.

The ironic part is your defense was lousy all season last year but showed up in the playoffs. Everyone can talk about Peyton finally getting the monkey off his back, I don't think he did. You won that Super Bowl in spite of him. In 3 playoff games, he played 1 half of good football.

I see it the complete opposite. Manning rode his "lousy defense" to all those wins in the regular season, then when the spotlight came on, he choked. he's done it since college.

The ironic part is your defense was lousy all season last year but showed up in the playoffs. Everyone can talk about Peyton finally getting the monkey off his back, I don't think he did. You won that Super Bowl in spite of him. In 3 playoff games, he played 1 half of good football.

Your kinda of seeing my point, its not always the QB's that get the wins or losses for teams, like you said the Colts won the Superbowl in spite of him, if I remember right Brady didn't play his best game in the world in the Pats first Superbowl victory. We all lay too much on one single person when its not always Brady or Manning responsible for the wins, sometimes it takes a defense to step up. I think the Pat only have 1 maybe 2 Superbowls if he doesn't have the defense he has had over the years. Thats just my opinion and probably not worth much around here, not trying to start anything, we have always had pretty decent discussions on here..

yeah but Manning hasn't had the defensive support that Brady has had all these years. Manning always had to try and do too much because he knew the defense would let him down..I don't know I could be wrong, just trying to throw something out for discussion..

Go look up Manning's playoff losses. You'll find that it wasn't the defense to blame for the Colts being shut out by the Jets, for example, or the 3 points that he put up against New England. In fact, here are his 6 losses:

19-16
23-17
41-0
24-14
20-3
21-18

Now, realistically, only the 41-0 game shows any sort of truly bad defensive play, and I think Manning tossing up a goose egg pretty much says that Manning has no excuse for that game. It's really simple. Manning loves the gas-pipe in big games. Heck, this has been true since back in his college days.

wow how original, I make a simple typo of a word that I know how to spell and you turn into spelling police, how typical..

if you can't even type simple words correctly, why should anyone take whatever you vomit up as "fact" seriously?

if you can't even type simple words correctly, why should anyone take whatever you vomit up as "fact" seriously?

Its called a typo dude get over it and move on, it will be ok, everybody makes them once in awhile.

why are you here again?....I'm missing something...you claim not to be a troll but all you do is talk down your bony, probably inbred, hick nose every day on a PATRIOTS BOARD. Why aren't you posting like a rat on crack at the Star like you do here?

The Colts were #2 in points against in 2005.

why are you here again?....I'm missing something...you claim not to be a troll but all you do is talk down your bony, probably inbred, hick nose every day on a PATRIOTS BOARD. Why aren't you posting like a rat on crack at the Star like you do here?

well until you started with your childish insults I was having a pretty good conversation with Tommysgirl, take some lessons that girl knows how to have a conversation without childish insults, our opinions are different but we don't call each other names or resort to childish crap just because our opinions are different. If you don't like it then too effen bad just ignore me.

'05 was the one that truely got away. No excuse for that post season. Manning does not shoulder the full blame.

He sure did his best to throw a game-ending pick that was overturned due to quite literally one of the worst calls in NFL history.

'05 was the one that truely got away. No excuse for that post season. Manning does not shoulder the full blame.

Come on.... be honest. If New England doesn't turn into a M.A.S.H. unit in the second half of the AFCCG, Manning would have solidified himself as the greatest individual post-season choke artist in NFL history.

If you don't like it then too effen bad just ignore me.

pretty hard to ignore your non-stop Peytie fests that infest this board every single week. You haven't made a SINGLE new point since BEFORE the last game the Patriots played the Colts...months ago....just the same tired regurgitations of your slanted Colts biases, Do you see me at the Star...EVER? Don't play the innocent wounded victim with me....your agenda is clear.

If you don't like it then too effen bad just ignore me.

pretty hard to ignore your non-stop Peytie fests that infest this board every single week. You haven't made a SINGLE new point since BEFORE the last game the Patriots played the Colts...months ago....just the same tired regurgitations of your slanted Colts biases, Do you see me at the Star...EVER? Don't play the innocent wounded victim with me....your agenda is clear.

your agenda is very clear, you have been a douche toward me from day one without provocation from me. I think you have me mixed up with somebody else. Prove me wrong and find what it was in this thread that provoked you to be a douche toward me?

well until you started with your childish insults I was having a pretty good conversation with Tommysgirl, take some lessons that girl knows how to have a conversation without childish insults, our opinions are different but we don't call each other names or resort to childish crap just because our opinions are different. If you don't like it then too effen bad just ignore me.

Thanks for the sentiment, but the reason I don't post on the Star is because I would be banned in a day, probably becuse of childish name calling. You seem reasonable enough, here and there but there are others that just drive me nuts.

I'm okay with having rational conversations with other fans, but the ones who come over and shoot insults, I shoot them right back and have no respect for them. Trust me, there have been plenty of Colts fans on here that I resort to name calling too!

Thanks for the sentiment, but the reason I don't post on the Star is because I would be banned in a day, probably becuse of childish name calling. You seem reasonable enough, here and there but there are others that just drive me nuts.

I'm okay with having rational conversations with other fans, but the ones who come over and shoot insults, I shoot them right back and have no respect for them. Trust me, there have been plenty of Colts fans on here that I resort to name calling too!

yeah I don't blame you one bit, this is a Pats board and you shouldn't have to take crap from other fans, I don't know what Jokers problem is with me but I didn't do anything to deserve the vomit he throws my way when I try to have a civil conversation on this board, its like he stalks me or something..

heh....I, the Patriot fan, stalked you to THIS, a Patriot board...now THAT is some bona-fide Indy fan logic right there...the perfect revelation of your raison'd'etre.

heh....I, the Patriot fan, stalked you to THIS, a Patriot board...now THAT is some bona-fide Indy fan logic right there...the perfect revelation of your raison'd'etre.

Good job avoiding what I asked you, yes Im on a Pats board but you always seem to find me in every thread I post in, if thats not stalking then I don't know what it is.

Peyton Manning is the Monkees. Tom Brady is the Beatles. End of story.

Good job avoiding what I asked you, yes Im on a Pats board but you always seem to find me in every thread I post in, if thats not stalking then I don't know what it is.

it's not hard when your handle is in every thread at the top on refresh..are you blind or just dense?

it's not hard when your handle is in every thread at the top on refresh..are you blind or just dense?

My handle is in every thread? My handle is in this thread and this thread only, maybe in a few older ones. are you really that stupid?

the only thing im guilty of is having a different opinion thats different then yours and you don't know how to handle it. Do you need a tissue?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back