PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady vs Manning, 81 vs 81 : so stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I'm so sick of these dumb comparison "matchups" on the same side of the ball.

They are entirely meaningless and stupid.

Brady and Manning DONT PLAY EACH OTHER. They play each other's defenses. If the Pats Defense is awesome and the Colts Defense sucks, you cannot claim that Brady is the superior quarterback, and vice versa.

On November 4th, contrary to what the press will tell you, Brady and Manning will NOT "GO HEAD TO HEAD".

Ditto for this WR vs WR crap. You simply can't compare two different offensive players on different teams without considering the defenses.

There, got that off my chest.

Hmm. Lets see. Brady is the offensive leader of our team, our "field general". So our "field general" is going up against IND's "field general". How is that not head to head?

And I disagree with you. I love the Brady or Manning, Moss or To arguments. Well, there really isn't an argument for the latter. There is soo much speculative material (domes vs. outdoors in NE, offensive personel (WR), game philosophy). Its a great debate and one that can't be "won", its just for fun.

Yeah dude, Brady v. Manning is one of the few things I actually like in the sports media. It's historic and awesome, especially since we're on the better side of it.

Hmm. Lets see. Brady is the offensive leader of our team, our "field general". So our "field general" is going up against IND's "field general". How is that not head to head?

And I disagree with you. I love the Brady or Manning, Moss or To arguments. Well, there really isn't an argument for the latter. There is soo much speculative material (domes vs. outdoors in NE, offensive personel (WR), game philosophy). Its a great debate and one that can't be "won", its just for fun.
Exactly and years from now people are going to remember this match-up the same way people remember Russell - Chamberlain.

I'm so sick of these dumb comparison "matchups" on the same side of the ball.

They are entirely meaningless and stupid.

Brady and Manning DONT PLAY EACH OTHER. They play each other's defenses. If the Pats Defense is awesome and the Colts Defense sucks, you cannot claim that Brady is the superior quarterback, and vice versa.

On November 4th, contrary to what the press will tell you, Brady and Manning will NOT "GO HEAD TO HEAD".

Ditto for this WR vs WR crap. You simply can't compare two different offensive players on different teams without considering the defenses.

There, got that off my chest.
This is why I feel we have a shot on the 4th. I think Manning CAN be successful against the NE D. And at this point, I think Indy has a more balanced attack, and are equally effective in both the run and pass game. Now, if Maroney and Morris are back and healthy, I assume the run numbers improve for NE.

Defensively for the Colts, tough match up obviously. Covering all those guys will be an uphill battle. We are quicker on our feet, with more team speed and hitting power than last year, so I am interested to see how we perform. Steve Smith might give us a nice tune up for Moss and Co.

I think we'll have to force a T.O. or two, and not turn it over ourselves to have a legit shot. IOW, the team with the +2 or better (I think) wins. Either team could overcome a deficit of 1 turnover. That's it.

EDIT: Oh, on the head 2 head thing, I get the point, but it does seem like these guys do kinda go back and forth on game day, sorta like a "top this". One minute, PM is 10-12 for 130 yards and a TD, next minute, there's a game break showing a Brady to Moss TD. So, while neither has any idea what the other is doing on game day, it appears as though they do.

Last edited:
Brady and Manning DONT PLAY EACH OTHER.

Yes they do. I saw it in a commercial.

Get yer popcorn ready for a head-to-head beat down between those two guys. Each has promised to take turns playing the nose while the other one is taking snaps.

I'm serious.

I would rather see Brady rush from the outside. He is more mobile and has a good burst. He could be any LT in the game I think.

You mean that Brady doesn't play Manning? Say it aint so....:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye