PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Vs Manning 16th Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, and that slanted wordplay is one of the reasons I think CHFF is trash.

At the same time, it is still an overwhelming amount of evidence in favor of Brady, particularly when most of them are offense related.

The evidence is there, no doubt, its just tough to read through it when it looks like something you'd see a Patriots' employee write.

The evidence is there, no doubt, its just tough to read through it when it looks like something you'd see a Patriots' employee write.

Considering that Andy Hart and Gary Tanguay are Patriot's employees, I suspect that write-up would find a way to put Tom behind Joe Flacco.

It wont do it, but that link should end all brady vs manning arguments everywhere. It pretty much states what I have thought for a whole year about the whole regular season comparison

This excerpt should end the discussion by itself. (Even moreso if the win/loss records reg season and playoffs were included, which make it even more stark)

Brady puts more points in the board; in fact, he leads the greatest offensive machine in the history of football

Individual stats are nice. At the end of the day, playing quarterback is all about putting your team in a position to score points and win games.

And despite all the accolades for individual stat dominance heaped upon Manning, and despite the fact Manning has spent most of his career playing indoors and surrounded by more talent, Brady has led the greater offensive teams.

• Brady's teams score an average of 28.1 PPG
  • Manning's teams score an average of 27.3 PPG
  • Brady's teams average 452.5 points per season (full 16-game seasons)
  • Manning's teams average 434.9 points per season (full 16-game seasons)
Brady's Patriots are the only franchise in the history of football to score 500+ points in four different seasons. With 238 points scored at the halfway point this year, they have a shot of making it five seasons.

Peyton Manning's teams have scored 500+ points just twice in 16 seasons.

For a little perspective, only 10 franchises have topped 500 points even once in their history. Brady's Patriots have topped 500 points four times in the last six seasons alone, and may make it five for seven here in 2014.

Brady's teams have produced an average of 5.0 non-offensive touchdowns per season; Manning's just 3.5. But it's not enough to explain the 17.6 point-per-season advantage enjoyed by Brady's teams.

The result is a net win: Brady's teams score more points and win more games.

True, but it is factual. My point has always been that there both so good in the regular season and that they are so close performance wise, that Brady's post season resume puts him above Manning. A lot of Manning people twist the argument and say "oh well you can not just look at rings, regular season counts too and Peyton wins there" when in reality what were saying (or at least what I am saying is that they are pretty much equals in the regular season and in the post season, It is not close

I am so tired of the Brady/Manning crap ...
Cannot wait until this game is so over ...
Icy, the odds look very favorable to have round 2 in January of what has been said this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots