PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Vs Manning 16th Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalemPats

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Good article:
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/t...ve-breakdown-of-a-seasons-worth-of-showdowns/

This sums it up for me, Brady 8 fewer int's and a better QB rating. TB will control the game in a way that no other QB can do. Long drives, patient plays and it doesn't matter when and where Brady will play consistently great.
Player Cmp Att Cmp% Yds Y/Att TD INT Rating
Brady 334 500 66.8% 3,680 7.4 27 12 96.4
Manning 376 600 62.7% 4,371 7.3 31 20 88.0

we better win on sunday!!!
otherwise, i will avoid sports radio/tv for a month. possibly more.

GO PATS!!!

Brady is better than Manning.

But Manning's D is better than Tom's.

It wont do it, but that link should end all brady vs manning arguments everywhere. It pretty much states what I have thought for a whole year about the whole regular season comparison

I've always thought that the dome/outdoor splits should be enough. That puts a serious crimp in any statistical advantage Manning has, and once that is gone what argument is left?

I've been saying it forever. Stats don't matter after retirement. Nobody cares. I've never seen anyone, 15 years after his retirement, making the case on national television that Marino is the GOAT because he once threw an impressive 48 touchdown passes.

Nobody gives a #^%# now, and so shall it be with Manning's dome-stats.

Anyone who thinks Peyton survives in the GOAT conversation ten years after retirement is completely delusional and emotionally invested

I've always thought that the dome/outdoor splits should be enough. That puts a serious crimp in any statistical advantage Manning has, and once that is gone what argument is left?
Although I don't look at the whole dome thing as much as other people do and while it does not weigh on me as much as other people. It certainly makes a difference as you pointed out. To me the biggest thing you'll never hear on ESPN or NFL network (even from Brady supporters) is that Peyton has played 3 more seasons worth of games

Although I don't look at the whole dome thing as much as other people do and while it does not weigh on me as much as other people. It certainly makes a difference as you pointed out. To me the biggest thing you'll never hear on ESPN or NFL network (even from Brady supporters) is that Peyton has played 3 more seasons worth of games

Absolutely.

Tom is superior statistically in a Dome (despite every game being on the road vs. most of Manning's at home).

Tom is statistically superior outdoors (even counting the last couple years in Denver)

Tom's rate stats with three additional seasons put him reasonably close to Manning's cumulative totals.

Tom's teams score more points than Manning's did.

And all of that was with far less investment in offensive teammates. Manning had four first round RBs (albeit one for a single year), four first round WRs, and a first round TE. Tom had two first round TEs and a single first round RB.

Considering all of ^that^, what argument remains? And these are purely the offensive reasons, which you would expect Manning to take in a landslide. We haven't even gotten into wins/championships. Seriously, I'm willing to debate any lurking Indy or Denver fans, what argument remains?

I love watching the Peyton ball washers go into a panic and a "God isn't fair" whimpering because there might be a little wind. Who the hell can look into a camera before a national audience, lavish GOAT praise on Peyton Manning, then admit a slight autumn breeze is enough to blow him over?

Just totally ridiculous. Peyton fans just never cease to amaze me.

There's a thread at the Donkey forum calling for Superbowls to be best 2 out of 3.
It's like wherever Peyton goes, this virus of complete stupidity springs up and takes over.

I am so tired of the Brady/Manning crap ...
Cannot wait until this game is so over ...

There's a thread at the Donkey forum calling for Superbowls to be best 2 out of 3.
It's like wherever Peyton goes, this virus of complete stupidity springs up and takes over.

Whoops. i hit the submit button before typing, But Anyway, I saw that and could not believe it. All I could do was laugh, The poster even asked if they would have won it.... sighhhh

Absolutely.

Tom is superior statistically in a Dome (despite every game being on the road vs. most of Manning's at home).

Tom is statistically superior outdoors (even counting the last couple years in Denver)

Tom's rate stats with three additional seasons put him reasonably close to Manning's cumulative totals.

Tom's teams score more points than Manning's did.

And all of that was with far less investment in offensive teammates. Manning had four first round RBs (albeit one for a single year), four first round WRs, and a first round TE. Tom had two first round TEs and a single first round RB.

Considering all of ^that^, what argument remains? And these are purely the offensive reasons, which you would expect Manning to take in a landslide. We haven't even gotten into wins/championships. Seriously, I'm willing to debate any lurking Indy or Denver fans, what argument remains?

Exactly, I said in another thread that the whole Manning is the best regular season Qb of all time is ridiculous. Pretty much because of everything you just pointed out

Article is worded so heavily to support Brady, the author is an obvious fan.

He'll write things like "manning average 7 INCHES per pass more than Brady" in favor of him, and then against Manning he'll write:

"Brady's teams score an average of 28.1 PPG
Manning's teams score an average of 27.3 PPG
Brady's teams average 452.5 points per season (full 16-game seasons)
Manning's teams average 434.9 points per season (full 16-game seasons)"

Why not word it as "Manning's team only average 8 tenths of a point fewer than Brady's team?"

He almost forgets to even mention Gronkowski, who is off to the most prolific start of any TE in football history, and maybe of any pass catcher in football history from a scoring perspective.

Says Welker isn't even a good player because he can't get on the field in Denver, despite still having a great 2013 while missing 3 games. Though, to be fair, Manning is the reason he is no longer effective, but the writer needs to credit Wes Welker, he was incredibly good at what he did in New England, he wasn't some talentless waste of space that Brady made into a potential HoFer.

Trust me, I'm on the Brady bus probably as much or more than anyone, I've actually written a few very long posts about my opinion on this forum, but this article is a poor comparison using word play to smear one and prop up the other.

I just can't stand when something is written with such an incredible bias that isn't even attempted to be hidden. He does make some good points, but it's difficult to read when you can cut through the bias with a knife.

I will also say, the bias does end towards the end of the article, when he starts discussing wins.

Probably gonna get 'dislike' bombed for this, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
Trust me, I'm on the Brady bus probably as much or more than anyone, I've actually written a few very long posts about my opinion on this forum, but this article is a poor comparison using word play to smear one and prop up the other.

Agreed, and that slanted wordplay is one of the reasons I think CHFF is trash.

At the same time, it is still an overwhelming amount of evidence in favor of Brady, particularly when most of it is offense related.

This topic makes me ill. Page after page, thread after thread, of "my dad is stronger than your dad" nonsense. As Ted Washington said before SB 38, "we'll settle this on the field". I couldn't care less whether Tom throws 5 picks, as long as we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back