PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady uncomfortable in the pocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I haven't thought that he looks uncomfortable, there were a couple of games last year where i thought he did. For example the SB, in which he probably saw pass rushers that didn't exist. His head was on a swivel.

Last edited:
The superbowl was another game where Brady was rattled early. It seems whenever this happens, he is more apt to crumble.

Yeah he crumbled all right. He set a Super Bowl record for pass completions in a row.

Brady throws 21 straight completions and that somehow = crumbling.

How the hell is that ignorant? I didn't say he crumbled in the Superbowl. I meant that if he gets rattled, he tends to look more hesitant and will make mistakes. I won't argue with you because you're probably one of the most argumentative people on this forum.

If people are going to disagree with this, then that's pathetic and you're in denial.

Some of you guys are clueless. "Hey yeah, let's gang up on cheesemonkeys and act like we know what we're talking about!"... I didn't say that he crumbled in the superbowl. But there are 2 underlining factors that nobdy can deny. The giants brought pressure and Brady made at least one critical mistake. Sure, he recovered and the pats were winning at the half. Its evident to me that if Brady feels the pressure lately he's more "apt", and I won't say crumble, but he's more apt to hesistate and make mistakes that could cost them. And that goes for a lot of QBs but it never used to be an issue for Brady. I don't feel like it's a huge problem but it's worth discussing IMO.

th

Are you going to use words to back up your apparent disagreement with what I'm saying or are you going to just post some stupid picture?

Last edited:
It is ignorant because Tom Brady doesnt get 'rattled'.
It is ignorant because Tom Brady doesn't crumble.
Me being argumentative is a lame excuse. You argument had nothing to do with my personality.
Your assertions are what is pathetic.
Apparently you think Brady is a big puuusssyyy and I am in denial that he is the best QB in the NFL and handles pressure exceedingly well.
If that is your position, we have no reason to discuss further.

I love Brady. You're taking what I'm saying out of context. "Crumble" was a strong word apparently. Brady is probably the best qb in the NFL. But yes Brady does get "rattled" and he makes mistakes. Stop denying it.

Are you going to use words to back up your apparent disagreement with what I'm saying or are you going to just post some stupid picture?

:confused2:

I'm going to post that picture to note the irony of your earlier post about Andy's being argumentative.

I love Brady. You're taking what I'm saying out of context. "Crumble" was a strong word apparently. Brady is probably the best qb in the NFL. But yes Brady does get "rattled" and he makes mistakes. Stop denying it.

You either don't understand the meaning of rattled (like you admittedly don't understand the meaning of crumble) or you don't understand football.

You either don't understand the meaning of rattled (like you admittedly don't understand the meaning of crumble) or you don't understand football.

I've made my points clear and I stand by them. If you have some factual information to throw at me then do so rather than nonsense posts like this one^ or the other post in which you stated something along the lines of "I must think Brady's a ****sssy".

Brady has gotten rattled before just like every other QB in the league and he's crumbled in certain games aswell. If you read my other post I didn't even say he crumbled in the superbowl. And incase you forgot, they lost that game! And the offense wasn't up to par with what they were capable of doing. That was an average performance from Brady despite his streak of completions.

I've made my points clear and I stand by them. If you have some factual information to throw at me then do so rather than nonsense posts like this one^ or the other post in which you stated something along the lines of "I must think Brady's a ****sssy".

Brady has gotten rattled before just like every other QB in the league and he's crumbled in certain games aswell. If you read my other post I didn't even say he crumbled in the superbowl. And incase you forgot, they lost that game! And the offense wasn't up to par with what they were capable of doing. That was an average performance from Brady despite his streak of completions.

What part about after the safety, completing 21 passes in a row w/ 2 TDs and scoring 17 points in 22 minutes don't you follow?

You most certainly said that he was rattled early in the Super Bowl.

Average performance? You don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited:
I would not be suprised if he was actually uncomfortable there........for the last forever, he has had someone protecting his blindside whose weaknesses were well known and rarely chaned. in other words, brady knew what to expect as to where the defenders from that direction would generally wind up.....

any discomfort appears from his hesitancy to step up although I think it is improving. I think solder is not nearly the disaster now that he was appearing to be early on.

that said, something is always compromised in the pass pro when you have such a relatively youthful OL that has a renewed emphasis on the physicality of run blocking.

I would not be suprised if he was actually uncomfortable there........for the last forever, he has had someone protecting his blindside whose weaknesses were well known and rarely chaned. in other words, brady knew what to expect as to where the defenders from that direction would generally wind up.....

any discomfort appears from his hesitancy to step up although I think it is improving. I think solder is not nearly the disaster now that he was appearing to be early on.

that said, something is always compromised in the pass pro when you have such a relatively youthful OL that has a renewed emphasis on the physicality of run blocking.

This is getting overblown. Every QB gets uncomfortable. Its their ability to shake off the bad plays, still make plays and good decisions when their team needs them.

Check out the 2006 AFC Div game in SD. Brady was terrible, and harassed all game but got off the mat to win the game.

This is getting overblown. Every QB gets uncomfortable. Its their ability to shake off the bad plays, still make plays and good decisions when their team needs them.

Check out the 2006 AFC Div game in SD. Brady was terrible, and harassed all game but got off the mat to win the game.

I should have been more detailed.......the level of discomfort is not on him alone, though I would be less comfortable taking hits at 35 than in my 20's.

I do not believe that the comfort thing is an issue....at least no more so than any other year

our primary skill guys did not get many reps during the preseason.......they are still working out the kinks with the goal of being at maximum operating pressure somewhere around new years

Last edited:
I should have been more detailed.......the level of discomfort is not on him alone, though I would be less comfortable taking hits at 35 than in my 20's.

I dunna know. You would think that would be the case but it seems to me that the veteran QBs that have been around a while seem to stay in there and take the hits. Guys like Kurt Warner, Rich Gannon, Peyton Manning, Hassleback, etc come to mind. He took a beating last night.

Maybe it's all those hits slow down reaction times or they are stubborn and take the hit because they've already been hit a ton so their rationale is, "why not?"

I counted about two mistakes he made in that game. Otherwise he was tremendous and under constant pressure. To say that was an average performance is just wrong.

I think where people are disagreeing with you is the extent to which Brady is effected by pressure. Saying he is "rattled" or "crumbles" means that he is totally falling apart. I don't think I've ever seen him fall apart. There may be a play or two when he is pressured into a mistake but that is a far cry from "rattled". There has never been a QB dead or alive that hasn't been pressured into a mistake. The difference is how they bounce back from them.

The play that is sticking out in everyone's mind from the Broncos game, there was no one open downfield. That was a vet move to not do something stupid when nothing was there. I don't think Brady has been ducking shadows when people are open, not since the Jets playoff game in the 2010 season.

Sigh...

...enough said.

What part about after the safety, completing 21 passes in a row w/ 2 TDs and scoring 17 points in 22 minutes don't you follow?

You most certainly said that he was rattled early in the Super Bowl.

Average performance? You don't know what you are talking about.
"In all, he recorded two touchdowns, one interception, and was penalized for intentional grounding in the end zone, leading to a crucial safety for the Giants"

Ughhhh, I fail to see this spectacular performance from Brady that you speak of...

2 Tds, 1 INT and a boneheaded safety. If you look at the second half, he was solid. In the first half he was ineffective. I know that we all have seen what Brady is capable of. He was capable of doing so much more in that game. Why is this so hard to see? I'm not saying for sure that he's scared in the pocket under pressure, we don't know how he feels. This was just an observation I've made and the reason behind this thread was to get some input.

I counted about two mistakes he made in that game. Otherwise he was tremendous and under constant pressure. To say that was an average performance is just wrong.

I think where people are disagreeing with you is the extent to which Brady is effected by pressure. Saying he is "rattled" or "crumbles" means that he is totally falling apart. I don't think I've ever seen him fall apart. There may be a play or two when he is pressured into a mistake but that is a far cry from "rattled". There has never been a QB dead or alive that hasn't been pressured into a mistake. The difference is how they bounce back from them.

IMO, Rattled means a 260 lb defender drives a QB to the turf. Crumbled means falling apart under pressure. I wish I didn't say crumbled because it seems you all are imagining Brady catching on fire and melting into the field.

Last edited:
"In all, he recorded two touchdowns, one interception, and was penalized for intentional grounding in the end zone, leading to a crucial safety for the Giants"

Ughhhh, I fail to see this spectacular performance from Brady that you speak of...

2 Tds, 1 INT and a boneheaded safety. If you look at the second half, he was solid. In the first half he was ineffective. I know that we all have seen what Brady is capable of. He was capable of doing so much more in that game. Why is this so hard to see? I'm not saying for sure that he's scared in the pocket under pressure, we don't know how he feels. This was just an observation I've made and the reason behind this thread was to get some input.

IMO, Rattled means a 260 lb defender drives a QB to the turf. Crumbled means falling apart under pressure. I wish I didn't say crumbled because it seems you all are imagining Brady catching on fire and melting into the field.

Your standards are absolutely ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes