PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Trash Talker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oswlek

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I found this little tidbit from a Pitt fan on the Footballoutsiders Monday Night Open Thread. (post #140)

Back to Tom Brady for a minute, he’s a really underated trash talker. Before games I always like to go and hang out in the south endzone in that big open end just to see whats going on. When you stand there you are literally within speaking distance of the players, and there is always some sort of witty banter going on back and forth. Well, back during 2004 the undefeated Patriots were in town to play the Steelers and Tom Brady was walking around on the field just hanging out, and this guy standing a few feet away from me starts yelling at him. He wasn’t really heckling him, just normal “HEY BRADY, WE’RE GONNA BEAT YOU TODAY!†stuff.

Brady turns around and starts pointing to his hears pretending like he can’t hear him, this only makes the guy yell louder…and louder…and louder.

Finally, Brady looks up at the guy and goes “Sorry dude, I can’t hear you, my Super Bowl rings are stuck in my ears.â€

The guy then just totally loses it.

“YOU STOLE THAT LINE FROM PATRICK ROY YOU BASTARD!â€

And Brady just keeps pointing out his ears while the guy just got frustrated and walked away.

I was howling, not because the guy was quick or witty, but because he was trying to “get inside Brady’s head†while Brady ended up getting inside of his head.

I just thought it was interesting enough to share.

Oh god that is funny! :singing:

Brady's been a major trash talker since day one.

He's the type guy that would insult you over a game of checkers.

Al Wilson took a 15 yard penalty in 2001 just to get a hit on him during the Broncos game because Brady made him so upset.

And then the NFL used an image of him trash talking in like 2002 training camp or something, showing what they considered to be a bad example of sportsmanship, or taunting or something. Anyhow, he was NFL's poster child of a loud mouth that year...... :rocker:

That is awesome. Its funny because Brady almost seems like the guy who would be like "Yeah, well...JERK." I want to know what he said to the guy who threw the bottle.

FSUPatsFan said:
That is awesome. Its funny because Brady almost seems like the guy who would be like "Yeah, well...JERK." I want to know what he said to the guy who threw the bottle.
I tried lip-reading that one, all I got was something about "proper effin' hydration".
:confused:

A lot of the really great on-field leaders have reputations as huge trash-talkers. Larry Bird was legendary...I remember reading about practices before the first Olympic dream team, when a couple of the college kids who were invited to practice got into an elevator with Bird who promptly told them (colorfully) that he was going to school them. They were stunned into silence..."Larry Bird is trash-talking us"?

patchick said:
A lot of the really great on-field leaders have reputations as huge trash-talkers. Larry Bird was legendary...I remember reading about practices before the first Olympic dream team, when a couple of the college kids who were invited to practice got into an elevator with Bird who promptly told them (colorfully) that he was going to school them. They were stunned into silence..."Larry Bird is trash-talking us"?

I was going to bring up Larry Bird as well. His trash talking was awesome....I loved the Xavier McDaniel story on my dad's Larry Bird: A Basketball Legend video.

I went to college at ISU and was at the Bears/Pats game in 2002 in Champaign (u of i).
awesome game, awesome comeback by brady and the team

Bears fans were pissed and yelliing crap at the pats players all game. I think it was Lonnie Paxton? maybe, im not positive who was talking **** and pointing to his ring and pretending he had trouble hearing
(not sure if it was him but it sticks in my head for some reason)
and everyone kept yelling "who are you?!" it actually was pretty damn funny on both sides.

then after Brady threw the touchdown they were right by us and he was smiling and yelling back in the crowd.

It was Awesome.
**** the Bears.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
I tried lip-reading that one, all I got was something about "proper effin' hydration".
:confused:

Personally, I want to know what he was saying to Chad Jackson after his TD crawl. It looked something like "What the eff was that?" :D

first of all, its not trash talk when you can back it up... but regardless

Brady's a competitor... I have a feeling wither its basketball, football, chess, checkers - or a fan trying to psyche him out, Brady just enjoys showing how quickly he can turn the tables and out do anyone

I think it's fun to watch Brady interact with his own team on the sideline.

I don't have it on tivo or anything, but it looked to me as though after the 4th touchdown, Brady had to give Gabriel a little pep talk. It seemed Gabriel was a bit down -- and Brady even said something about it after the game, saying "I wish I could have gotten Doug one" or something like that.

Not really sure what that was all about, but anyway, Brady was kind of consoling him a little, and I got the sense that Gabriel's whining about it went on too long, and Brady (if I was reading lips correctly) said something like, "well, get open more and I'll get it to you."

Yeah, he's pretty much nonstop talk. He tends not to get into it too much with fans, which was why Monday night was surprising for me, but it's funny when you watch him give an interview and he has that 1/2 smile where you know he's holding back.

His golf course smack is even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey