PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Brady too Hollywood for Pats fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's December 25th, Christmas morning, Brady's working on his throwing mechanics with his QB guru, while nursing 3 broken ribs and a broken finger on his throwing hand.

Yup. He's lost the fire.

He showed up for practice during a blizzard the day after his son with born when three of his teammates were sent home for being late.

Last edited:
People need to stop coming up with BS examples of why Brady hates the Pats, the Pats hate Brady, Pats fans hate Brady, etc. STOP.

People need to stop coming up with BS examples of why Brady hates the Pats, the Pats hate Brady, Pats fans hate Brady, etc. STOP.

Has it come to THIS?!?

Last edited:
How do you know that? By most accounts, Brady is a fierce competitor who gets firery over a game of dominoes in the lockerroom before practice. He might not work on himself like he did as he was younger, but he doesn't have to. But none of us know what the mental make up of the guy and how much hunger and fire the guy has. It is all speculation.

I agree. I think during the game Brady has the fire. I also agree that Brady puts in a small fraction of the time per year, working on his game, that he did during the SuperBowl years. But I don't blame Brady, he's in his thirties and the most important things in his life are his two children and his wife, as it should be. Anyone who feels that Brady's number one priority should be winning a Superbowl like it was before he had children, is not being fair to Tom.

Football. Soon. Please.

This is just stupid.

No...Wrecks Ryan's Gut is stupid...THIS is pathetic AND stupid..

Surprised that I have not seen this yet on the board. (Mods, if it has appeared and I missed it, please delete this. Thanks.)

The title is what appears on fannation.com and is linked to an article by a local reporter on NESN.

Both links are below. (NOTE that fannation link is NOT a different article.)

Brady too Hollywood for Pats fans?

Without Championship, Tom Brady May Be Distancing Himself From Patriots Fans - New England Patriots - NESN.com

whoever said that is a moron. Or they aren't smart enough to write a real article. Or they are bored and get paid the same amount to write crap and don't care. 1 of those 3.

I'm just saying, from what I've seen, he has lost some fire. That doesn't mean he doesn't care anymore. He just isn't the fiery competitor on the field he used to be on the football field and sidelines -- and again, there's not much wrong with that. He has already done a ****load in this league, and now has much more of a life outside of football.

Brady's offseason approach has clearly changed, as both he and the team have noted. However, as a Jets fan, you probably saw that first Jets game last season, so you should have known better before your post. On the field, Brady's as competitive as ever. Just ask Galloway and Aiken.

Last edited:
idc what anybody says his wife is having a huge impact on his decision making and attitude. some people scoff at this and fail to realize the power a women can have over a man. this can be good or bad depending on the women involved. you decide.

Last edited:
idc what anybody says his wife is having a huge impact on his decision making and attitude. some people scoff at this and fail to realize the power a women can have over a man. this can be good or bad depending on the women involved. you decide.

Well chosen screen name.

Like I should comment.

I don't know what this really has to do with anything, but this is one of the reasons why we call women "dream killers".

Getting back to the topic, I don't think Brady is really "Hollywood". If he was "Hollywood", you'd see him at the Lakers' games, hanging out with celebrities and constantly seen at all the hot spots in L.A..

Now that he's almost two years removed from his injury, we'll see whether the 2001/2003/2004 version of Brady comes back or the 2002/2005/2009 version of Brady returns. The way the defense plays will have a lot to do with how effective Brady is. QB's become reckless when they can't trust their defense.

Except that when it mattered the most, on Super Bowl Sunday, the Patriots weren’t the Patriots anymore. They were walking down red carpets in Miami while Ryan Seacrest emceed, they were joking about running up the score on an underdog Giants team and, for the very first time, they acknowledged the 19-0 thing.
Anybody catch this in the second article? The super bowl wasn't in Miami, it was in Arizona.

Last edited:
He isn't the same as he was years ago. Doesn't have that hunger and fire anymore. Why should he? He's already won 3 rings, is a first ballot hall of famer if he were to retire today, has a supermodel wife, kids, and so on.

So are you basing this on one season?

Are you saying he didn't have that hunger and fire when the threw 50 tds in the regular season in 2007?

He was injured in 2008 so you can't make any comments about his attitude that season or do you personally know the guy?

And then we have 2009 where he had one of his best seasons numbers wise.

So where exactly did you indentify this loss of hunger and fire?

Last edited:
he has not lost the hunger to win it was only 2 years ago he set every record and should of had he's 4th ring he came back after a season ending injury when he had nothing to prove he was alredy a hall of fame QB and hew throw for the 2th most yards in he's Career will playing with hurt ribs and a broke finger.

it has noting to do with brady, not haveing the hunger the pats just have not had the talent on defense the last few years to win a SB

Boston, a place I lived in and grew up in, although i have since moved, is an odd place.

We are sports freaks. We worship our teams. We also are a cynical lot, that can turn fast, IF we perceive an athlete doesn't " care" as much as we do.

One of the only/best ways to "judge" if they care, is if they win, act like dirt dogs, and generally have a Trot Nixon, Dave Cowens, Larry Bird, Mosi Tatupu, Terry O'Reilly etc kind of mien.

Boston also seems to have a knee jerk reaction AGAINST pretty boys EG good looking non slobby guys.

Brady is both, a very hard working dude with fire, though now it does not seem to be visible to our naked eye, as adjudged maybe by he is not winning rings anymore. He is also that "handsome" dude, that Bostonians seem to hate ( though few will admit it)

I think there in lay the dichotomy.

If Brady was with another team, many of us would hate him, just for having a goofy haircut, a gorgeous model wife, and for being on the cover of magazine, GQ, perfume ads etc.

BUT he is OUR Brady. He is selfless, a team orientated player, and has been one of our Bobby Orr golden boys.

His " Hollywoodism" should be attenuated somewhat this year by a ring, but for SOME Pats fans, I think it is going to be hard not to dislike Brady for his life, and not for his own field actions. It is an undercurrent that is starting to seep into the collective unspoken zeitgeist.

So are you basing this on one season?

Are you saying he didn't have that hunger and fire when the threw 50 tds in the regular season in 2007?

He was injured in 2008 so you can't make any comments about his attitude that season or do you personally know the guy?

And then we have 2009 where he had one of his best seasons numbers wise.

So where exactly did you indentify this loss of hunger and fire?
Simply because he wants it to be true. He knows it's BS, but it's more fun to wish it rather than face the truth: that Brady has beaten his team like a Salvation Army drum for years and will continue to do so for a long time to come.

I wonder if Petyon is subject to such articles @ Indy. Bet not.

What would such headlines be if that were the case?

"Manning too SONY for Colts fans"
"Manning More with Justin than Colts"

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back