PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Brady too Hollywood for Pats fans"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Meh...you see it here every day. Could easily refocus those titles to question the sincerity and committment shift of a once appreciative of anything fanbase that in the wake of three lombardis and 4 trips to the ultimate game in his nine seasons tend to suffer more often than it used to from what have you done for me lately syndrome.

I really don't care if Brady is too "Hollywood". What the guy does in his personal life is his business unless he is breaking the law or abusing someone. I don't question the guy's dedication or passion for football either. The only time we heard from Brady in California this offseason was when he was spotted at UCLA working out with Welker. From what Welker has said, Brady's work ethic when they worked out together was stronger than his and no one is questioning Welker's work ethic.

Until the perception becomes reality, I think this is all media hogwash to kill time in a slow offseason. It is funny that people question his passion for football because he doesn't win a parking space every year, but seem to ignore that the guy played the final third of the season with a broken finger on his throwing hand and several broken ribs. If Brady really lost his passion for football, he would have sat out at least a game or two. Instead, he didn't even miss a full series of downs while getting fitted for a flak jacket after he broke his ribs.

He isn't the same as he was years ago. Doesn't have that hunger and fire anymore. Why should he? He's already won 3 rings, is a first ballot hall of famer if he were to retire today, has a supermodel wife, kids, and so on.

So TB is too "Hollywood" because he attends an event hosted by Giselle? When did it become "Hollywood" to attend an event hosted by one's wife?

The real "problem" is he's a very private person married to the biggest supermodel in the world. This means the biggest "pappanazi" target in the world.

Being "Hollywood" means licking Oreos with Donald Trump or having your picture on opening credits (Like Sunday Night Football).

Personally, I wish he would have been a lil more "Hollywood". If he had been the face of the league, maybe things like face guarding in the 2007 AFCCG and Saturday taping nonsense the day before SB XLII would never have happened.

I have no issues w.r.t columnists offering their opinion and raise questions that might be festering on a few fans minds.

But, it is irritating to see a local one write a few lines on the players mentality/attitude prior to the 2007 SB and comment that they 'lost focus and lost...' but not care to mention one of the worst negative distractions on the eve of the SB that would have certainly affected the coaches and players.

Glad that she didn't wonder if all this is the reason for Brady's current contract issues. :)

It's just due to some bad timing:

Blows out his knee in 08, Pats go 11-5 with Cassel. Meanwhile, Brady's mentioned a bunch on TMZ, gets married, etc, etc. and in his first season back, doesn't get it done (ie: having that feel about him like he did in the years prior of him being TFB with the emphasis on the F).

Also add in the fact I think Brady underestimated what having a year off with an injury would do to his timing and accuracy and you have a perfect storm.

He isn't the same as he was years ago. Doesn't have that hunger and fire anymore. Why should he? He's already won 3 rings, is a first ballot hall of famer if he were to retire today, has a supermodel wife, kids, and so on.

How do you know that? By most accounts, Brady is a fierce competitor who gets firery over a game of dominoes in the lockerroom before practice. He might not work on himself like he did as he was younger, but he doesn't have to. But none of us know what the mental make up of the guy and how much hunger and fire the guy has. It is all speculation.

How do you know that? By most accounts, Brady is a fierce competitor who gets firery over a game of dominoes in the lockerroom before practice. He might not work on himself like he did as he was younger, but he doesn't have to. But none of us know what the mental make up of the guy and how much hunger and fire the guy has. It is all speculation.

I'm just saying, from what I've seen, he has lost some fire. That doesn't mean he doesn't care anymore. He just isn't the fiery competitor on the field he used to be on the football field and sidelines -- and again, there's not much wrong with that. He has already done a ****load in this league, and now has much more of a life outside of football.

Last edited:
I'm just saying, from what I've seen, he has lost some fire. That doesn't mean he doesn't care anymore. He just isn't the fiery competitor on the field he used to be on the football field and sidelines -- and again, there's not much wrong with that. He has already done a ****load in this league, and now has much more of a life outside of football.

Really, I personally haven't seen Brady more animated in the last few years than last year. The guy was constantly trying to fire up his teammates on the sidelines. Just because he was frustrated with the offensive production at times, doesn't mean he wasn't firery.

Really, I personally haven't seen Brady more animated in the last few years than last year. The guy was constantly trying to fire up his teammates on the sidelines. Just because he was frustrated with the offensive production at times, doesn't mean he wasn't firery.

Funny, when I saw him, I saw the exact opposite. I rarely saw him trying to fire up his teammates on the sideline. In fact, I can't remember it at all.

Of course, you probably know better because you watched every game. I'm just giving you my personal account.

Funny, when I saw him, I saw the exact opposite. I rarely saw him trying to fire up his teammates on the sideline. In fact, I can't remember it at all.

Of course, you probably know better because you watched every game. I'm just giving you my personal account.

Apparently you missed the endless threads of when everyone felt Moss dogged in the game talking about how Brady was in his face on the sidelines trying to fire Moss up and Moss just ignoring him. Sorry, Brady has been just as firery on the sidelines as he always has been. Probably more.

best reply to that hack of an blurb

"Pats fans aren't annoyed with Brady. They're annoyed with the Pats' defense and Laurence Maroney"

So true...

I love the other posts how Brady isn't the same or has lost his fire.. hehehehe..He did match is 2nd best TD total ever.. People who lost their "fire" don't play injuried..

Your stated ignorance can be excused because it's likely you didn't watch most Pats games nor were you behind the Pats bench @ Gillette. Those of us with more access to our team saw TFB excoriate a soon-to-be-cut veteran WR for ineptitude to his coach and those of us who sit behind the Pats bench saw Tom, as always, exhort his OL during games and have animated discussions with WRs like Randy Moss. Tom also notably encourages high effort players disappointed after a mistake.

TFB has 2 modes on the sidelines. Like many competitors he often sits and 'contemplates', particularly after a mistake of his own making. He is notably self-critical. On the other hand, he is very active exhorting and interacting with his offense when it's appropriate to display leadership.

Where's the question mark on the title of this unbelievably dumb thread?????

Looks like someone else is hoping to plant a rumor that grows legs, arms, wings, and horns and becomes the talk of the nation.

The author of the main piece is pining away for the 2001, 24-year-old, rookie version of Brady when he was an unknown without money who led his team to a championship. The face of the team has changed since then, and Brady's role on the team has changed as well. He is and always has been a motivator, not a dictator like Marino who tore into players on the field, and likely realizes it is better to make noise infrequently so his words are heard rather than becoming background noise.

And while I agree with the author that most fans prefer the "lunch pail" players who achieve success, on the field and when representing the Pats Brady is still Brady, and I have no doubt he still plays with a chip on his shoulder and plays through injuries for the goal of getting that next ring. At this point in his career he doesn't need to bounce around on the sidelines and make noise because his actions have established him as a player who knows how to win, so I expect when he talks, players listen.

Yeah, since the last ring he only had the greatest season of all-time, led the go-ahead drive to get them two minutes away from a perfect season, and had his second-best season after an injury that most guys never fully come back from.

He's fried.

You know what I'll never understand? This "Hollywood Brady" thing. He's married to a supermodel. That's it. Other than that, he keeps a low profile. Contrast that with a guy like Derek Jeter, who has, somehow, dodged the "Hollywood" label, despite being more high-profile and dating more starlets than maybe any other athlete on the planet.

Last edited:
Where's the question mark on the title of this unbelievably dumb thread?????

Dumb thread or dumb article from the NE area??

Don't shoot the messenger buddy. ;)

It's December 25th, Christmas morning, Brady's working on his throwing mechanics with his QB guru, while nursing 3 broken ribs and a broken finger on his throwing hand.

Yup. He's lost the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes