Brady to have hernia surgery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=124110

"Patriots quarterback Tom Brady played half of the season with a hernia and will have surgery to correct the problem, probably within two weeks, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. "

This just adds to the legend in my mind. Has his best season and carries this team on his back with a hernia. MVP? Nah not him.

He would have been MVP for sure had people known about this. We have the toughest, smartest, most clutch QB out there. No way we don't win the SB next year.

so do we think we go OL again in the first rd...

re:

amazing. that is one tough sob.

The Legend grows...

How is this possible? The man is incredible. Maybe McNabb should give Brady a call.

Interesting how this was never on the injury report ... Well, maybe not.

Amazing...tough SOB!

Ouch! Not a pleasant thought.

It's amazing he did as well as he did this past season.

Could it have happened on the same play that he hurt is knee in the 2nd Buffalo game? That would put it after half of the year. And was he ever listed as having a hurt knee. We all saw the brace but......

Last edited:
That answers a lot of questions regarding some of his passes that were off the mark.

This guy is really something else. He has a long way to go but some day we will look back and think how fortunate we were to have him.

PATSNUTme said:
That answers a lot of questions regarding some of his passes that were off the mark.
Yeah, I had said for at least the last few weeks that he didn't look sharp (as had others I'm sure). This is almost certainly the main reason.

I just hope it wasn't caused by rough treatment from all the Brady ball washers here.

I think Brady's two best games this year from beginning to end were at Buffalo and home against Tampa.

It seemed to me that after the Tampa game, a game he got knocked around quite a bit - nothing new there, he was just not the same. Even against the Jags he looked weak and tired to me...really off the mark.

well

A note to BB: Please get some O-line help this offseason!

Digger44 said:
How is this possible? The man is incredible. Maybe McNabb should give Brady a call.
McNabb played with his for weeks, until he was hurt again trying to make a tackle. He didn't go on IR until the Eagle's season was in the tank.

Not that I am a McNabb fan, but it is wrong to imply he doesn't play hurt. He once played significant game time with a broken ankle once.

this guy is unbelievable. Think about all the hits he took this season. And most of them with this hernia.. the same injury that the media went on and on about being so debilitating when McNabb suffered it. Simply stunning. Brady is the man.

I just hope the OL comes together this season so that he takes fewer huge hits. He takes a ton of HUGE hits. Getting hit is one thing, but getting hit like he does.. that's a good way to shorten a career.

If he can stay healthy for a full season (fully healthy I mean, no hidden injuries, no dinged knees, no shoulder issues) then watch out. Can you even imagine?

PATSNUTme said:

This guy is really something else. He has a long way to go but some day we will look back and think how fortunate we were to have him.

I was thinking the same thing, especially that KC game. God love his work ethic! We didn't even see him flinching after getting sacked or hobbling around. I get the feeling he would be like the Black Knight in Monty Pyton's Holy Grail, "'tis but a scratch.........It's just a flesh wound......Come back here and take what's comin' to ya! I'll bite your legs off!" That's our Tommy! :D

Last edited:
Probably part of his toughness and never wanting to give in goes back to his father having to put together a high school resume and game film for Tom to help him get decent college offers, and then getting drafted to the pros in the sixth round. I've heard him say in interviews that he still stings from those oversights.

He should recover quite quickly though, right? He'll be back next year, sharper and tougher than ever. He played remarkably well, even as I didn't know he had a hernia. Yeah, he had a few bad games and some off the mark passes, but I still think he did very well. Now that I know he had a hernia, my respect increases tenfold.

PatsRI said:
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=124110

"Patriots quarterback Tom Brady played half of the season with a hernia and will have surgery to correct the problem, probably within two weeks, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. "

This just adds to the legend in my mind. Has his best season and carries this team on his back with a hernia. MVP? Nah not him.

Remember all those QB sneaks for first downs ... that he called himself? (And the one against Denver II that he didn't?)

But i'm surprised that word of forthcoming surgery emerges ... before he has even recovered from it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back