PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady to have foot surgery; will miss Pro Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Brady not playing in Pro-Bowl

Damn, I was actually kind of hoping that he'd play. Oh well, I guess he's more banged up than we thought.

I was not hoping he would play but when the rumors he was going to play came out I thought to myself I guess I will watch now.

Foot surgery?!?! Brady will go to any lengths to compete. Methinks this is a shot at Rex Ryan and he just one-upped Welker's all-foot press conference. The Jets are gonna be pissed!

I just read Reiss report on Brady's foot.

I broke that same bone and it was so painful I couldn't walk. I wore the boot but didn't have surgery. Took a long time to heal (doctor said 6 weeks but the son of a gun took 10). I could still feel it.

Brady has a stress fracture not a break but it depends on the degree of the fracture.

I'm telling you, this bone hurts like hell. It's like stepping on a foot you sprained badly a few minutes ago.

They better not let Rex Ryan into the room to film the surgery . . .

He's a she and she generally does because unlike surgeons she's a sports PT by trade and she works with those rehabbing their orthopedic injuries conservatively as well as agressively.

Foot injuries like this are tougher than normal to heel because there isn't tremendous blood flow to some of the areas in the foot. Generally speaking a bone in another location starts to knit in 10 days and heels in 6-8 weeks or less with non or minimal weight bearing. These injuries on the other hand sometimes don't respond to upwards of 20 weeks of non or minimal weight bearing, and sometimes they don't even heel following surgery. That is why someone suggested he will likely be using a stimulator device that electronically increases blood flow to the area to promote healing.

If the screw holds and the bone knits he'll be fine (until arthritis sets in in his mid to late 40's...). If it doesn't then this could become a real career threatener. Hopefully they nail him to a chair for the next month or so and put a really annoying alarm on his walking boot so he doesn't abuse or remove it...

This is also a very common injury for people in all walks of life.

Ryan has already requested the X-Ray pics for his blog :D

Favre's injured the whole planet knows before hand and he's the man of steel for playing threw it(on pain meds:p).

Brady plays with broken ribs, stress fracture, pnumonia, 103 degree temp etc. never mentions a word of it and he's the league wuss. LMAO

just an overblown comparison

He should start next season with either a crew cut, goat-T and a handle-bar mustache or a grizzley beard. See if it shakes of the wuss cloak or gets touted as one of the "Village People".:rocker:

Hope Tom heels well.

Last edited:
He's a she and she generally does because unlike surgeons she's a sports PT by trade and she works with those rehabbing their orthopedic injuries conservatively as well as agressively.

Foot injuries like this are tougher than normal to heel because there isn't tremendous blood flow to some of the areas in the foot. Generally speaking a bone in another location starts to knit in 10 days and heels in 6-8 weeks or less with non or minimal weight bearing. These injuries on the other hand sometimes don't respond to upwards of 20 weeks of non or minimal weight bearing, and sometimes they don't even heel following surgery. That is why someone suggested he will likely be using a stimulator device that electronically increases blood flow to the area to promote healing.

If the screw holds and the bone knits he'll be fine (until arthritis sets in in his mid to late 40's...). If it doesn't then this could become a real career threatener. Hopefully they nail him to a chair for the next month or so and put a really annoying alarm on his walking boot so he doesn't abuse or remove it...

Thanks for the info and sorry for the gender bias.

I think when a lot of us hear "stress fracture" we think of tiny fractures that people walk around with and that aren't all that serious.

This sounds not only painful but also in the category of "something to think about" when it comes to TB's future. First of all, that his recovery go well; it sounds like it's a delicate situation for the next few months. Second, that, once recovered, he has the time to get into "football shape" for next season.

I know he's a tough and dedicated guy and loves to play the game (I am mystified that people thought he looked "disinterested" during Sunday's game; I thought he looked mad, concerned and hurting), but this is the second off season in three years that are going to be all about recovery and rehab for him. That's gotta take a physical and mental toll.

I know he's said that he wants to play to 40, but it might be time for all of us to consider that his horizon might become the length of his current contract, or 37, the average retirement age for an SB-era HOF QB.

I was looking at those pictures and thinking to myself he still looks young enough to have another ten in him...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes