PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady to Curran: "I’m excited to see what our team is made of"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think you guys are seriously overreacting to what Lightningbolt is saying. These players don't have any trouble feeding their families, injured or not, so it's somewhat of an overstatement to say that they are dependent on their health for their livelihood.

If it's a career-ending injury, that's something else entirely... although I believe the NFL compensates for that.

Hmm. I'm starting to think this whole "injured Tom Brady" thing is all just another one of Bill Bellichek’s nefarious schemes.

Brady never blew out his knee. Bellichek is just trying to make other teams take the Patriots lightly. I swear, that guy’ll do anything to gain even the slightest advantage in gameplanning.

Watch, the Pats will introduce their new QB this week against the Jets. It’ll be a guy named “Brom Tradey,” and he’ll look just like Tom Brady, only with a big, thick mustache that looks sort of scotch-taped on.

it would have been a better punk if Brady had not been injured for real and came back the following week after all the reporting

Yes...but Tom Brady is not walking through that door....(not this year..)

Brady to Curran: "I’m excited to see what our team is made of"

To be perfectly honest, so am I!

Yeah - I'd prefer Brady to be healthy... but this is going to be a helluva an interesting year, and by next year we could find that many key players are much much stronger than they otherwise would be.

Honestly, I felt pretty sick after they lost the Super Bowl. I don't feel that same way right now.

Don't mean to distract from the main topic but this made me laugh:

When will sports players stop saying that; especially when they want a bigger contract. I'm sorry but you're having no difficulties feeding your family. In fact, I'm betting Ty Warren has enough money to feed his and several other families for the rest of their lives without even making another cent. He's playing for a bigger house, fancy cars, etc.; not for food.

Once you make a certain amount of money, your family and the people in your life get used to it. In order to continue that standard of living you need to continue to make that type of money or seriously plan ahead for the day you won't be making that type of money thus the reference to that line that all athletes use as you say. They use it because it's true in that line of work or any other line of work.

this worries me
They remember Bobby Orr’s career ending because of a knee. They remember the daily trepidation about Larry Bird’s back, feet and heels. They remember Cam Neely and Tony C. and the other Hub sports superstars being ripped from their grasp by injury.

And even if medicine and circumstances may be different in sports today, that’s not enough to reason away that Brady will be just as good as ever. His convalescence is going to be as big a story around here as anything that happens on the court, ice, diamond or field.

knee injuries are tough. even if he fully recovers , how he plays mentally on a repaired knee will be something to watch @#$#@### i get mad thinking even more about it...

When will sports players stop saying that; especially when they want a bigger contract. I'm sorry but you're having no difficulties feeding your family. In fact, I'm betting Ty Warren has enough money to feed his and several other families for the rest of their lives without even making another cent. He's playing for a bigger house, fancy cars, etc.; not for food.

Normally I ignore trolls....but why would you be on a Pats board spewing irrelevant and inconsistent crap. Shouldn't you be on the Bolts board getting psyched for your season???You guys look good.

But not as good as when Koppen folds Merriman's leg in half. Ouuuuuuuch!

Normally I ignore trolls....but why would you be on a Pats board spewing irrelevant and inconsistent crap. Shouldn't you be on the Bolts board getting psyched for your season???You guys look good.

But not as good as when Koppen folds Merriman's leg in half. Ouuuuuuuch!

lol. That'll give him a chance to do more television shows and endorsements than he's already doing now. See, I can take a joke about my team. You guys need to loosen up.

Linebacker Mike Vrabel was more succinct. “We’ve won a lot of football games around here. That’s not gonna change.”

Now reading this gave me a warm feeling in my heart.:)

this worries me

knee injuries are tough. even if he fully recovers , how he plays mentally on a repaired knee will be something to watch @#$#@### i get mad thinking even more about it...

Brady will come back and be fine, his attitude is top notch and that really matters when coming back from serious injuries.

Hmm. I'm starting to think this whole "injured Tom Brady" thing is all just another one of Bill Bellichek’s nefarious schemes.

Brady never blew out his knee. Bellichek is just trying to make other teams take the Patriots lightly. I swear, that guy’ll do anything to gain even the slightest advantage in gameplanning.

Watch, the Pats will introduce their new QB this week against the Jets. It’ll be a guy named “Brom Tradey,” and he’ll look just like Tom Brady, only with a big, thick mustache that looks sort of scotch-taped on.
Denial is a powerful stimulant of the imagination, but that was pretty darn funny. :D

Meh, I had a similar thought cross my mind when I read it as well. Not as crass as yours but I scoffed a bit at the feed my family bit only cause it reminded me of Asante.

Warren just made the mistake of using a trite phrase. He doesn't mean that without this job he wouldn't be able to feed his family. He just meant that this his profession. He plays hard whether Tom Brady is healthy or not. Nothing will change because he is a pro..

Pete

I think we might have lost more than just Brady for the season ... we might have lost some of our best players for ever. This is probably the last year for Bruschi, Harrison, Izzo, Stephen Neal, probably Seau would have come back, Kevin Faulk might make it another year. These guys came back for one more try to be led by Tom Brady to the Super Bowl, and now they're the elite supporting cast without a leader. Can they take one more year of pounding, almost certainly not for a title, and then come back for yet another year of pounding again with Captain Tom? If all these guys leave, will Vrabel stick around to play with a bunch of guys 5 to 10 years younger than him?

At least we've got their excellent leadership on Defense for another year, but who's gonna lead the offense? Cassel might be the officer in command, but he's no leader. Who is the sergeant who will whip everyone into shape for him? Moss isn't suited to that role. Everyone else is too young. The only guys who can do it are Faulk and Matt Light, but Faulk is only in for a third of the plays, so it's up to Matt Light to lead our offense and get them behind Cassel. Godspeed, Matt.

Brady might not be on the team when we play Kansas City again in three years ...

Most level headed fans were saying such yesterday. We're still a good team and it will be interesting.

This has to be the best first-post ever, right?

Green points - great post.
Thanks guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing