PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Tied Johnny Unitas at 47 Straight Passing TD Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
This streak is actually in jeopardy this week.

If my math is correct the last game Brady didn't have a TD pass was in the 2009 finale at Houston. I recall Darius Butler had a pick six and Fred Taylor had a rushing TD (I can't remember who accounted for their other TD). I recall this being a lame duck game for the Pats as they had nothing ot benefit from winning and even put in Brian Hoyer at points in the game.

If the Texans win at one the Pats will have little to play for, and thus would could see Brady in for only a series or two. WIth limited playing time, this would put the streak in serious jeopardy.

This streak is actually in jeopardy this week.

If my math is correct the last game Brady didn't have a TD pass was in the 2009 finale at Houston. I recall Darius Butler had a pick six and Fred Taylor had a rushing TD (I can't remember who accounted for their other TD). I recall this being a lame duck game for the Pats as they had nothing ot benefit from winning and even put in Brian Hoyer at points in the game.

If the Texans win at one the Pats will have little to play for, and thus would could see Brady in for only a series or two. WIth limited playing time, this would put the streak in serious jeopardy.

I don't know, call me crazy but I think Brady wants that record and being so close to it now he either plays until he gets a TD pass or doesn't play at all.

I don't know, call me crazy but I think Brady wants that record and being so close to it now he either plays until he gets a TD pass or doesn't play at all.

Agreed. I don't think he'll sit the whole game no matter what. Strike early and take it from there.

Last edited:

Unless things get ridiculously out of hand, he won't come out in the first half.

You know, this streak did cross my mind as we got into the third quarter of the game against San Fran. At that point it was looking like they wouldn't get any scores. Of the four TDs, one of them was a throwing TD to keep the streak alive.

With 12:17 left in the fourth quarter Brady kept the streak alive with a TD pass to Aaron Hernandez.

Of the 47 games, I wonder if that's the latest in the game that he got his first TD pass of the game.

No. The latest 1st TD pass in a game for Brady in the streak was earlier this season vs ARI. He connected with Gronk for the TD with 2:49 remaining in the 4th quarter.

In fact, that is the 2nd latest(tied, 12/29/02 vs MIA) 1st TD pass of a game in Brady's career. You all remember which was the latest: the 1st MNF of the 2009 season, and the McKelvin fumble. In that instance, Brady got his 1st TD pass with 2:10 remaining in the 4th.

Unitas' record will always be that much more impressive.
Did you know that he threw for 349 in the 1958 championship against the Giants? Astounding. That's a 450 yard, possibly 500 yard game today during a SB. There were no garbage yards either. I think that game went to OT.

The other thing he did was invent a two minute passing offense to tie that game.

This is why I don't like all this GOAT talk as if the eras can be blended evenly and fairly. Tom Brady is in the GOAT discussion and that should suffice. The GOAT is not a single man. The GOAT is a panel of men who may be equaled but can never be surpassed.

Tom Brady is in the GOAT discussion and that should suffice. The GOAT is not a single man. The GOAT is a panel of men who may be equaled but can never be surpassed.

True of course, but "who's the best" conversations will always rage regardless, as long as there are bars, sports radio, and online boards like this.

Did you know that he threw for 349 in the 1958 championship against the Giants? Astounding. That's a 450 yard, possibly 500 yard game today during a SB. There were no garbage yards either. I think that game went to OT.

The other thing he did was invent a two minute passing offense to tie that game.

This is why I don't like all this GOAT talk as if the eras can be blended evenly and fairly. Tom Brady is in the GOAT discussion and that should suffice. The GOAT is not a single man. The GOAT is a panel of men who may be equaled but can never be surpassed.

Brady's the G.O.A.T.. He's one player, not a panel.

No. The latest 1st TD pass in a game for Brady in the streak was earlier this season vs ARI. He connected with Gronk for the TD with 2:49 remaining in the 4th quarter.

In fact, that is the 2nd latest(tied, 12/29/02 vs MIA) 1st TD pass of a game in Brady's career. You all remember which was the latest: the 1st MNF of the 2009 season, and the McKelvin fumble. In that instance, Brady got his 1st TD pass with 2:10 remaining in the 4th.

Nice digging on those stats. That's right that Arizona of all teams almost ended his streak (and at HOME!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes