PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady TD record will come down to the wire...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Current Pace:

33 TDs in 9 games

On pace for 57 TDs.

The Patriots' win yesterday marked the only time all season they play in a dome.

Manning, in 2004, played 10 games in a dome.

I predict this will come down to the wire. The Patriots play every game from this point forward outside, in the northern US. Expect some cold weather games. I think Brady breaks the record with 50-52... and if you believe the Patriots DO want him to break this record, the brutal stretch of nasty weather in their final 7 games might explain why they've stocked up on TDs on the goal line and in the 4th quarter.

To get 50 TDs, Brady needs to average 2.4 TDs from this point out, which is roughly 67% percent of his production thus far, in warm weather. It should make for a very interesting chase.

Finally, while I don't think the Patriots would do anything to put a win at risk, let's remember that Belichick, Brady, and the staff are all human and prone to want a piece of history. If you think Manning really wasn't thinking about it in 2004, you're naive.

If he stays healthy, he breaks it. It's that simple.

At the end of the day all I really care about is one thing. Manning can keep his record.

At the end of the day all I really care about is one thing. Manning can keep his record.
Not me. I want:

1. The TD pass record

2. 19-0, and of course that means

3. Another SB victory

Only that way will this ridiculous "previous SB's are tainted" nonsense be finally put to rest.

What's crazy is if Brady gets 3tds in each of his next three games, he'll actually have 2 less than Manning had at 12 games during his 2004 run. Manning only got 5 tds in his last 4 games.

Last edited:
What's crazy is if Brady gets 3tds in each of his next three games, he'll actually have 2 less than Manning had during his 2004 run. Manning only got 5 tds in his last 4 games.
That was the year the Colts started 13-0 and then lost 2 of their last 3 games, wasn't it?

I don't care about his personal TD recond. Whatever it takes to win.

If he can stay healthy and average 3 TDS a game (below average at present as crazy as that seems) he would have 15 more (5x3) and 48 total in the 14th game which happens to be.................the New York Jets.....Add one or two more and you have your record that day...(tied and broken)
That, as they say is dripping with irony..........

Last 7 games last year:
GB - 4 TD passes
CHI - 1 TD pass
DET - 0 TD
MIA - 0 TD
HOU - 2 TD
Jags - 1 TD
TEN - 1 TD

Total of 9 TDs in last seven games. If he just duplicated last year that would be 42 TDs for the year. That means with these WRs he only needs to improve by a little more then 1 TD per game.

Now I'm willing to bet they wouldn't be shut-out in a game like at Miami 21-0 (Obviously not a weather factor here). The possible "bad weather" games were in GB and home games with CHI,DET, and HOU. Ironically the games in JAX and TEN were the worst with rain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes