PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady still misses Branch - Let's make a deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady said he thinks precise route-runners are good. He also mentioned Branch as having been a precise route-runner. That's a far cry from saying "Brady still misses Branch", or that he wants him back.

I'd rather give Nunn a chance.

Last edited:
Re: Brady still misses Branch- Let's make a deal

Screw Branch

When is Welker coming back? I suspect his return will allow the other receivers to move into their natural positions.

Galloway is a outside/verticle guy. Moss will tend to more intermediate routes and things will take their course.

Screw Branch

When is Welker coming back? I suspect his return will allow the other receivers to move into their natural positions.

Galloway is a outside/verticle guy. Moss will tend to more intermediate routes and things will take their course.

Moss
Welker
Edelman
Galloway
Aiken/Nunn du jour is fine.

Good memories, but at age 30 with 2 receptions this season and 132 over 3 prior seasons (44 receptions average), the Branch with the Pats is just that - a memory. He has averaged 11 games a year with injuries over the past three seasons.

My guess was Brady was making a past reference to Branch (which appears to be the case), not a present reference to missing him now. That was probably true of the receiving corps in 2006, but once Moss arrived I suspect Branch was not high on Brady's wish list.

The Pats would be getting the 2009 version of Branch and not the 2005 version. Big difference. Branch has substained too many injuries over his career and looks to be winding down his career. He can't get a starting role in Seattle (I think he has dropped to their fourth WR).

During his interview on D&C Brady mentioned Branch in the same breath as Jerry Rice, Troy Brown and Randy Moss. I think he would love to have him back, and I think the 'Hawks might be open to a trade. Reiss mentioned it in his mailbag today as well.

What say you? Is that a deal that could be beneficial to us after you figure in the roster spot, the traded pick and/or player, and Branchs contract of 4.9 mil this year?

I think you are reading more into that statement than I did. He did compliment Branch for being a guy that ran good routes for him, but I don't think he put Branch in the league of Randy or Rice.

The thing about BB is that he would have explored the possibility of getting Branch back already if he wanted to go that route, and he normally thinks of everything pretty carefully.

i liked branch too. he was awesome in the back-to-back SBs. I believe he holds (or is tied) with Rice for for catches in consecutive SBs and of course got the MVP against the Eagles.

That being said, don't forget what this guy did to us. He held out and forced BB to trade him to SEA for deferred compensation. What happened that year? With a bunch of rejects at wideout, the Pats were oh so close to beating Indy and we all know they would have put Chicago away 2 weeks later. Why didn't they squeek out that game? Because bug eyes dropped some passes, and the offense couldn't get a single first down in the fourth to run down the clock.

Deoin cost this franchise a SB ring out of his inexcusable belief that he didn't have to honor the contract that he had signed earlier in his career.

Only other player ever tried this. And what happened to him? It took a few years, but he got shipped to the biggest sh!thole in the league.

Don't bring back Branch. I'd rather give reps to a young gun and develop a #2 to backfill Galloway next year.
The same way some men will beg a woman who crapped all over them to please come back and make them whole again, there are plenty here who would love to get the chance to beg Branch to come back. "You lied, you screwed me over. Now your new lover that you left me for doesn't want you any more. Please come back to me. I'll do anything." Sheesh. The things you hear from men who have no use for the pouch in their underwear. :rolleyes:

Is it possible he misses him in more of a romantic sense?

I remember he was writing mash notes to him and pleading with Hasselbeck not to move in on his girl/boyfriend.

Hasselbeck even said it felt like he was dating his girlfriend or something.

Not trying to be a lousy bum, but he did (Hasselbeck) say that.

I'd be up for him coming back if he was willing to play for vet minimum. He can't be worse than Galloway, who unfortuantely we're stuck with.

i liked branch too. he was awesome in the back-to-back SBs. I believe he holds (or is tied) with Rice for for catches in consecutive SBs and of course got the MVP against the Eagles.

That being said, don't forget what this guy did to us. He held out and forced BB to trade him to SEA for deferred compensation. What happened that year? With a bunch of rejects at wideout, the Pats were oh so close to beating Indy and we all know they would have put Chicago away 2 weeks later. Why didn't they squeek out that game? Because bug eyes dropped some passes, and the offense couldn't get a single first down in the fourth to run down the clock.

Deoin cost this franchise a SB ring out of his inexcusable belief that he didn't have to honor the contract that he had signed earlier in his career.

Only other player ever tried this. And what happened to him? It took a few years, but he got shipped to the biggest sh!thole in the league.

Don't bring back Branch. I'd rather give reps to a young gun and develop a #2 to backfill Galloway next year.

You said it right. Branch could have filled his contract and left like Samuel, but he had his rings and wanted money a year sooner. He gambled and lost.

Thanks, but no thanks Branch.

During his interview on D&C Brady mentioned Branch in the same breath as Jerry Rice, Troy Brown and Randy Moss. I think he would love to have him back, and I think the 'Hawks might be open to a trade. Reiss mentioned it in his mailbag today as well.

What say you? Is that a deal that could be beneficial to us after you figure in the roster spot, the traded pick and/or player, and Branchs contract of 4.9 mil this year?

lol 4.9 million what?

All right, you've convinced me, 4.09 million it is.

Keep the change, Neion.

zimbabwe-currency-2008.jpg

It seems that by trial and error we have found out that precise route-running is far more important to Brady than breakaway speed. It fits his style of quarterbacking. I think an effective route-runner does as much to pull coverage his way as someone with breakaway speed does, either by pulling the high safety in closer or forcing a more neutral or zone coverage.

I could not agree more. Loved the guy in his first training camp; he was a natural from the get go. But NFW do I want to see the perfidious Twig back on the Pats. Not even for vet minimum, like that would ever happen. That selfish twerp cost us (fans) a SB win.
He is DEAD TO ME.
Yo, Deion! GFY!

Last edited:

You said it right. Branch could have filled his contract and left like Samuel, but he had his rings and wanted money a year sooner. He gambled and lost.

Thanks, but no thanks Branch.

I completely agree. May his body rot on the bench for screwing this team the way he did. If he potentially cost us a Super Bowl berth in 2006. For all of the good that he did, he burned his bridges with the way he acted. Colts Super Bowl Champions! Greatest Collapse in Post Season History! Those are some of things that we had to endure because of his punk a**. Screw him. Rot in hell. Go home. You're not wanted, not needed, and not welcome.

No Thanks, he held us hostage once before, he can rot out there in Seattle as the #3/4 for the rest of his career.

He's one of two ex-Pats that i never want to see again. :mad: :nooo:

No way in hell, unless he is released. The Pats have a grand sum of $5.16 million (according to PatsCap.com). That is barely enough to get replacement JAGS as the season winds down.

If he is cut then, hell ya, scoop him up for veteran minimum.

Word......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye