Welcome to PatsFans.com

Brady still misses Branch - Let's make a deal

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by thewaylifeshouldbe, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thewaylifeshouldbe

thewaylifeshouldbe Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

During his interview on D&C Brady mentioned Branch in the same breath as Jerry Rice, Troy Brown and Randy Moss. I think he would love to have him back, and I think the 'Hawks might be open to a trade. Reiss mentioned it in his mailbag today as well.

What say you? Is that a deal that could be beneficial to us after you figure in the roster spot, the traded pick and/or player, and Branchs contract of 4.9 mil this year?
  2. mcsully

mcsully Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 3 / -0

Re: Brady still misses Branch- Let's make a deal

no question i'd reather have branch than galloway.. but giving up a pick and that contract probably will scare off the pats..
  3. QB12

QB12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 1 / -5

#12 Jersey

As nice as it would be, his contract is a killer. Way, way overpaid. But, when there's a will, there's a way, and I trust Floyd Reese, BB, and Nick Caserio to get it done if they deem it necessary.

QB12
  4. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

My understanding is that his knee (Branch's) has left him as a lesser WR- not the one that we knew..
  5. jbb9s

jbb9s Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

i liked branch too. he was awesome in the back-to-back SBs. I believe he holds (or is tied) with Rice for for catches in consecutive SBs and of course got the MVP against the Eagles.

That being said, don't forget what this guy did to us. He held out and forced BB to trade him to SEA for deferred compensation. What happened that year? With a bunch of rejects at wideout, the Pats were oh so close to beating Indy and we all know they would have put Chicago away 2 weeks later. Why didn't they squeek out that game? Because bug eyes dropped some passes, and the offense couldn't get a single first down in the fourth to run down the clock.

Deoin cost this franchise a SB ring out of his inexcusable belief that he didn't have to honor the contract that he had signed earlier in his career.

Only other player ever tried this. And what happened to him? It took a few years, but he got shipped to the biggest sh!thole in the league.

Don't bring back Branch. I'd rather give reps to a young gun and develop a #2 to backfill Galloway next year.
  6. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

For that salary?? My problem is that Branch now is NOT the Branch of the past...given how he left town..I would be disappointed if he returned..For me he'd have to eat a ton of humble pie and then some..and for a lot less..I am in no riush to get him back..if he was all that good I think the Hawks would keep him..no thanks.
  7. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +83 / 4 / -0

If I had to, I would drive the 3,000 miles to Seattle and pick Branch up myself and bring him back. I have no doubt - even if he's only 50% of what he was in his prime - he would make this offense better.
  8. Satchboogie3

Satchboogie3 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

As much as I liked Branch, he is old and expensive. I'd rather take my chances with Joey. If Joey can get it going, he can be deadly.
  9. thewaylifeshouldbe

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I know he has had recent hamstring issues, and I wouldn't figure him to be his "old" self.

And there would be a contract issue without a doubt. 5 mil this year, over 5 mil. next year. I am surprised the Seahawks kept him on the roster this year.
  10. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Too Expensive... Too broken down. No thanks.
  11. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +41 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

No way in hell, unless he is released. The Pats have a grand sum of $5.16 million (according to PatsCap.com). That is barely enough to get replacement JAGS as the season winds down.

If he is cut then, hell ya, scoop him up for veteran minimum.
  12. Satchboogie3

Satchboogie3 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Was this the interview yesterday when they asked him about who he thinks the greatest receivers were and who he would have liked to play with? If it is, I think he just mentioned him because he was our best receiver during the championship years and a friend. I don't think he meant anything more (like wanting him back).
  13. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -1

You want the Pats to give up a draft pick and take on his contract?

It should be the other way around, Seattle should give us a couple of picks in exchange for taking him and his contract off their hands.
  14. thewaylifeshouldbe

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, he was talking about ability of different receivers. He never said he wanted him back, I just thought it was interesting he mentioned him at all.

Here is the full quote-

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  15. 102 Pat

102 Pat Rookie

Ratings:
    +41 / 3 / -2

#85 Jersey

I'd see the Seahawks cutting him at season's end, maybe he might come back here but not at the money he's making now.
  16. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,456 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

No thanks. I'd rather have the pick than an overpaid WR that is only going to get injured at some point this year anyway and miss a chunk of games. He was good though.
  17. Patspsycho

Patspsycho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Too much bad blood.
  18. bigfandan

bigfandan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

also too selfish;
    the whole team was basically begging him. He turned down brady's repeated efforts. No WR in colts would date to do that to Manning.
  19. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -1

#61 Jersey

Branch left no doubt as tp where his interests lay. That alone is reason enough to just say no.

Respects,
  20. Ice Cold Bruschi

Ice Cold Bruschi Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

lol how funny would it be if we got him back for like a 6th or 7th after getting a first for him just 3 years ago.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.