PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady still emotional over his #199 selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
huh.gif
Do we care about footwear? I mean if Brady gave me a free pair of Uggs that fit and were comfortable I'd wear them without a second thought. Of course my footwear favorites are scuffed, salt water cured Sperry docksiders (with a few incidental breathing ruptures in the stitching) or SE Alaskan tennis shoes (rubber boots).

As to "girly mon?"
cat_meow-135.gif

But BOR, you're one of the fortunate few that could look manly wearing a mini skirt. The rest of us need testosterone dripping from our heels to validate our manhood.

But BOR, you're one of the fortunate few that could look manly wearing a mini skirt. The rest of us need testosterone dripping from our heels to validate our manhood.
I think it's about time we had that talk about your peeping Thomas problem.

You know after watching this, now I can't wait till the new season starts! All that emotional talk by Brady just shows to all the doubters that he doesn't have any fire left in him to win. The video is shoot after he had long hair, so it is this past year, I can see his fire to win and to show the whole NFL who is the real deal again! I can feel the heart of the next dynasty pumping! LETS GO PATS! LETS GO BRADY!!!

**** it...i don't mind if the QB sobs over defeats,especially one that happened 11 years ago. It would be far worse if he didn't give a **** about it.

As I said in the other thread, perfectly fine to release after such an experience. I was just commenting that this emotional moment occurred after many many years. I was just surprised that he got so emotional about it. Back then? Yes. Years later? No.

This weepiness is kind of weird when you consider Brady was not projected as a high draft choice to begin with. For him to tear up years later because he went 199th instead of 93rd is rather bizarre. What's tough is seeing guys projected to go at the top of the draft who then sit there and wait with TV cameras in face as they drop farther and farther down the board.

This weepiness is kind of weird when you consider Brady was not projected as a high draft choice to begin with. For him to tear up years later because he went 199th instead of 93rd is rather bizarre. What's tough is seeing guys projected to go at the top of the draft who then sit there and wait with TV cameras in face as they drop farther and farther down the board.

As noted above, I don't think he was emotional solely over being #93; I think there was a whole hell of a lot running through his head at that moment.

Heck, remember that even the Patriots passed on Brady more than once after he had become the highest player left on the Pats' board.

brady's gotten really emo lately

the weird haircut, the crying

what's next? black fingernail polish?

As noted above, I don't think he was emotional solely over being #93; I think there was a whole hell of a lot running through his head at that moment.

Heck, remember that even the Patriots passed on Brady more than once after he had become the highest player left on the Pats' board.

To be honest with ya ctpatsfan I'm getting rather concerned with what's running through Brady's head these days. 11 years later Tom gets weepy because he went in the 6th round of the NFL draft?? :rolleyes: I'd understand the sting if he were a 1st rounder who fell to the 6th but that was never the case with Brady. Brady was never projected high in the draft to begin with so why the tears 11 years later? Bizarre!
Most alarming is when the NY Jets trashtalk Tom Brady in a personal way and he lays an egg in response and lays that egg on his home field.
The Tom Brady of old would never have turtled that way.
Brady has lost his mental toughness.
Why that's come about is open to speculation.

Last edited:
Who cares if he cries or not. The guy just won the MVP and was the only reason this team was relevant last year.

The reason the Patriots haven't won a Superbowl lately is because their Defense sucks not because Brady has emotions, long hair and UGGS.

Patriots fans will be the ones crying once this guy retires and we get stuck with an average QB. Only then will you idiots realize how lucky we are to have a QB that comes around once in a lifetime.

brady's gotten really emo lately

the weird haircut, the crying

what's next? black fingernail polish?

As long as he doesn't screech like a little girl and lose big games in the playoffs, I'm fine.

To be honest with ya ctpatsfan I'm getting rather concerned with what's running through Brady's head these days. 11 years later Tom gets weepy because he went in the 6th round of the NFL draft?? :rolleyes: I'd understand the sting if he were a 1st rounder who fell to the 6th but that was never the case with Brady. Brady was never projected high in the draft to begin with so why the tears 11 years later? Bizarre!
Most alarming is when the NY Jets trashtalk Tom Brady in a personal way and he lays an egg in response and lays that egg on his home field.

Fans are fond of writing people's obituaries took quickly. My man Jim Calhoun was left for dead last year. As he said, "He was backed into a corner. That's when he's most dangerous."

It's the woman, seriously, how many high-end supermodels are level-headed?

I would hope that he wouldnt have a problem talking about trials which ultimately made him stronger.

There are times when I read some of the posts here and just shake my head at what a spoiled fanbase we can be.

There are times when I read some of the posts here and just shake my head at what a spoiled fanbase we can be.

Spoiled, sexist, juvenile...the list could go on.

Larry Bird would have reacted the same way, and who knows, if Red hadn't gotten his rights, the same could have happened to him.

He was recalling a moment in his life when his parents were there when he needed them. It has nothing to do with where he was picked. That is emotional at any age, as you watch your parents get older. It actually has nothing to do with football.

As a Pats fan, I'm thrilled to see that the desire still burns. If he could give one more ring, he'd be the Ultimate New England Hero.

Larry Bird would have reacted the same way, and who knows, if Red hadn't gotten his rights, the same could have happened to him.

He was recalling a moment in his life when his parents were there when he needed them. It has nothing to do with where he was picked. That is emotional at any age, as you watch your parents get older. It actually has nothing to do with football.

As a Pats fan, I'm thrilled to see that the desire still burns. If he could give one more ring, he'd be the Ultimate New England Hero.

BINGO! We have BINGO!

Agree 100%.

And let's keep in mind that the same kind of fans complaining Brady is looking soft for crying about football are about the same as the ones who were claiming that he didn't care about football anymore. It doesn't get any more contradictory than that.

Last edited:
Who cares if he cries or not. The guy just won the MVP and was the only reason this team was relevant last year.

The reason the Patriots haven't won a Superbowl lately is because their Defense sucks not because Brady has emotions, long hair and UGGS.

Patriots fans will be the ones crying once this guy retires and we get stuck with an average QB. Only then will you idiots realize how lucky we are to have a QB that comes around once in a lifetime.

QFT.

10 chars

Watching him last season, there was no doubt in my mind that he still has not only the desire, but the ability. If he had had a halfway decent o-line we could have watched Rex cry again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back