PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady still emotional over his #199 selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole episode should be permanently erased and buried deep inside one of those time capsules to be unearthed at some point after my death. I have always rooted for Brady 100% with never a doubt in my mind that he'll come through in the end, but after watching this, I think I'm down to 97.6%.

The whole episode should be permanently erased and buried deep inside one of those time capsules to be unearthed at some point after my death. I have always rooted for Brady 100% with never a doubt in my mind that he'll come through in the end, but after watching this, I think I'm down to 97.6%.
I take it you've never been involved with a family member or a friend through a draft process? Believe me, it's quite a harrowing experience sitting through the entire episode with the stress slowly building waiting for your nominee to get picked.

I can totally related to Brady's reaction given the emotional stress it puts on the draft nominee, their family and their friends at that point in time.

What? Because he cries a little? It was a manly cry, d**mit! Real fans don't dis their QB when he shows emotion (er, something like that). :D

But seriously, remember the other day someone made the observation that the story on Belichick being considered the NFL's top HC had mostly positive "spygate-free" comments (posted after the article)? Well, this Brady story has the haters coming out of the woodwork...and I bet it'll be like this for a while..

What? Because he cries a little? It was a manly cry, d**mit! Real fans don't dis their QB when he shows emotion (er, something like that). :D

Well meanwhile metro Tommy has got Edelman wearing uggs boots. Girly mon behavior is spreading!!!.

http://plixi.com/p/91315190

I pray that JETS fans don't see this shoes stuff.

Last edited:
I take it you've never been involved with a family member or a friend through a draft process? Believe me, it's quite a harrowing experience sitting through the entire episode with the stress slowly building waiting for your nominee to get picked.

I can totally related to Brady's reaction given the emotional stress it puts on the draft nominee, their family and their friends at that point in time.

As I said in the other thread, perfectly fine to release after such an experience. I was just commenting that this emotional moment occurred after many many years. I was just surprised that he got so emotional about it. Back then? Yes. Years later? No.

Well meanwhile metro Tommy has got Edelman wearing uggs boots. Girly mon behavior is spreading!!!.

Julian Edelman's photos - New shoes. | Plixi

Wow, housing and fashion police. You really have an issue with Brady, that's pretty odd.

"metro tommy the girly mon"

Don't know why we should be concerned about what jets fans say when Patriot fans say stuff like this.

I pray the Jets coaches don't see the shoe stuff. They are bicurious after all.

What's wicked pissah is that we can have lotsa fun back & forth with SB MVP Tommy's beta male stuff (like we're all SO alpha) but it's really not so funny about the JETS.

Peronally I can't wait to see this documentary.

I was shocked to see him cry but there is nothing wrong with it. That was one of the biggest moments in his life and it turned out to be disappointing at the time. I can see how looking back he would get emotional.

As I said in the other thread, perfectly fine to release after such an experience. I was just commenting that this emotional moment occurred after many many years. I was just surprised that he got so emotional about it. Back then? Yes. Years later? No.
I can't agree with you because reminiscing on those memories brings back the old emotions from that particular point in time. The reality for Brady is that's how close he came to having his life long dream from becoming a reality. I have no problem with that reaction knowing how he feels through association.

I can't agree with you because reminiscing on those memories brings back the old emotions from that particular point in time. The reality for Brady is that's how close he came to having his life long dream from becoming a reality. I have no problem with that reaction knowing how he feels through association.

Precisely. And also the emotion realizing just how fortunate he was to slip to the NE Patriots and a coach who appreciated his skills vs the owner's pet $100M Franchise QB.

http://plixi.com/p/91315190[/ I ...s lip glosses and a place to store his balls.

Precisely. And also the emotion realizing just how fortunate he was to slip to the NE Patriots and a coach who appreciated his skills vs the owner's pet $100M Franchise QB.

Looking back, I'm guessing that Matt Cassel feels just as fortunate to have been drafted by NE rather than, say, signing on with Tennessee or Cincinnati as an UDFA. . . .

Looking back, I'm guessing that Matt Cassel feels just as fortunate to have been drafted by NE rather than, say, signing on with Tennessee or Cincinnati as an UDFA. . . .

Yes, there are well over 10 million reasons why that is true. Good for him for being smart, patient and hard working to earn those reasons given the fortuitous opportunity.

What makes Brady great is exactly that. He'll never let the rest of the league forget the snub and he'll never forget it.

Some guys just mail it in, he cares.

Tom is a very emotional man.

UGGs is a very ugly shoe.

Julian Edelman's photos - New shoes. | Plixi

huh.gif
Do we care about footwear? I mean if Brady gave me a free pair of Uggs that fit and were comfortable I'd wear them without a second thought. Of course my footwear favorites are scuffed, salt water cured Sperry docksiders (with a few incidental breathing ruptures in the stitching) or SE Alaskan tennis shoes (rubber boots).

As to "girly mon?"
cat_meow-135.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots