cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
If the Pats are trying to low ball Moss, Brady should step in and fight for
Moss.

If I was Brady I would tell them to sign Moss or I will be looking to be the
highest paid QB when my contract is up.

Then again..... I am not Brady.

I am just a frustrated season ticket holder who thinks the idea of losing Moss would be far worse than the 32% increase in the price of my season tickets.

Re: Brady should fight for Moss !

He already said where ever he goes, I go

i think we will all be jumping off a bridge if moss dosnt stay with the patriots...

If Moss goes, I go, I'm done. We've dealt with enough crap over the last 5 months to have to experience Randy taking off. That would be the final straw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moss leaving would result in an October of 2003 esque "Why God, why?!?!".

Belichick doesn't give a damn what Tom Brady or anyone else thinks.

The post reminds me of an interview John Elway gave in 2006 when Brady lost Givens and Branch. He was speaking on how important recievers are to a QB and really spoke how a FO refusing to arm an offense with weapons can demoralize a QB. He also said that recievers that can't get open result in more sacks and knockdowns, essentially shortening a QB's career. I forget where the article was, but it was a great interview.

If Moss goes, I go, I'm done. We've dealt with enough crap over the last 5 months to have to experience Randy taking off. That would be the final straw.

I can't imagine what the Patriots would do without a fan of your caliber, "BradyToMoss".

I feel that if the Pats are trying to hire a contract killer to kill Moss, Brady should step in and fight for Moss.

Belichick doesn't give a damn what Tom Brady or anyone else thinks.

Ummm . . . no.

If Belichick didn't give a damn about what Brady thinks, they'd still be playing on that @#%@#%ing sandlot they had back in 2006.

Somehow, I'm pretty sure that Brady will be involved in whatever happens here.

I also feel that if the Pats are trying to poison Boston's water supply, Brady should step in and put a stop to it.

Anyways I think this was a done deal after Randy's "altercation" in FL.

When Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft said "we are behind Randy 100%".

I think that is when Randy Moss decided that he was going to retire a Patriot.

Take it to the bank.

I also feel that if the Pats are trying to resurrect the dead using ancient dark magic, Brady should have choice words with Coach Belichick.

I'll keep posting my feelings on hypothetical situations as they come to me.

I also feel that if the Pats are trying to resurrect the dead using ancient dark magic, Brady should have choice words with Coach Belichick.

I'll keep posting my feelings on hypothetical situations as they come to me.

If Patriots fans keep posting silly hypothetical situations that the Patriots might be responsible for, I think Brady should put a stop to that, too. :)

Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.
If the Pats do not sign Moss, Pats life goes on. Hopefully, they will use that money to put into the defense, where it is needed more then offense. Defense still wins championships and while a Moss replacement will not be as good, it will be good enough.

I am glad that we are not in charge of the Pats. It seems that many people here are in favor of getting Moss regardless of what he wants.

Now I do not know why they did not franchise him. Maybe they felt he was not worth the money paid to a franchised WR.

What we all know is that the Pats set a value for a player. That value might be less then other teams but is usually fair/realistic. Many players get more money from other teams and do not live up to the new paycheck.

I believe that whatever price they have decided Moss is worth will be fair but not as much as other teams will pay for him. With that said I believe the price for Moss has nothing to do letting other WRs go. That would be bad business. This idea that we need to sign Moss to a fat contract mainly because we already cut Gaff and Stallworth is not very sound.

I certainly would like to see him back, but,I believe that if he does not come back then some other team over paid for him.

Anyways I think this was a done deal after Randy's "altercation" in FL.

When Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft said "we are behind Randy 100%".

I think that is when Randy Moss decided that he was going to retire a Patriot.

Take it to the bank.

Agreed 100%. I said that at the time and I'll believe it until he signs elsewhere. In Minnesota, Moss was used as a scapegoat for all of the team's problems. Culpepper threw him under the bus, Carter threw him under the bus, even Tice and McCombs did, to varying degrees. On the way out of Oakland, he had coaches talking on the record about how he was no longer an elite talent, and was in denial over his eroding skills. Suddenly, he comes to New England, and Brady and Belichick are calling him one of the smartest, hardworking players they've ever seen, while the entire organization gets behind him after he gets blackmailed? I can't see how that wouldn't play a pretty major role in creating loyalty.

Moss should have jumped higher on that long pass with 34 seconds to go in the Supe...instead he dogged it and let the double coverage break it up...he's gotta go...cost us the championship...bring back Bug Eyes

1) Bandwagoners are welcome to leave at any time.

2) Moss signed on for one year and gave us the best performance ever by a wide receiver. He also was a key compenent of the best offensive show of all time. He owes us no more.

3) Of course, Brady will fight to get his team to sign Moss, just as Favre did last year. In the end, then as now, the choice is up to Moss.

4) I won't believe that Moss is gone until he signs somewhere else. BTW, this almost assuredly means that if we do sign Moss, it will be for big, big bucks. Are we all OK with that? This is business. No discounts should be expected.

If the Pats are trying to low ball Moss, Brady should step in and fight for

I've seen no reports anywhere indicating the Pats are "trying to low ball Moss."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes