PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady "sees ghosts" Says Steelers Ryan Clark

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Brady "sees ghosts" Says Steelers Ryan Clark
By: Steve Balestrieri

when his clock goes off in his head that the ball should be out, we'll see him duck, we'll see him flinch. ...

Is what this idiot says really worthy of an article on a Patriot fan website? The guy spouts off about the Patriots every few months and never has anything worthwhile to say. Ignore this fool.

There's nothing really untrue about what he said. What Clark said is pretty accurate. He just outright stated what our achilles heel has been the past few years. Hopefully with the additions we made, and a HEALTHY group...we'll see some major changes in that wideout group.

Brady DOES get rattled. All Ryan Clark did was state the obvious. Everybody knows that. I love it though. I'm sure Tom will be reading that article and it will motivate him.

There's nothing really untrue about what he said. What Clark said is pretty accurate. He just outright stated what our achilles heel has been the past few years. Hopefully with the additions we made, and a HEALTHY group...we'll see some major changes in that wideout group.

PWP: I'm OK with the above

Brady DOES get rattled. All Ryan Clark did was state the obvious. Everybody knows that. I love it though. I'm sure Tom will be reading that article and it will motivate him.

That's right because we all know how badly Tom lacks motivation and competitiveness in his complacency. Maybe this has been's comments will get Tom off his lazy ass. :rolleyes:

That's right because we all know how badly Tom lacks motivation and competitiveness in his complacency. Maybe this has been's comments will get Tom off his lazy ass. :rolleyes:

The issue isn't motivation or ability but Clark is right in what he says, at least partially as TB is fine during reg season save the occasional bad game that anyone else would have. But in the playoffs, he just hasn't been as fearless back there as he has earlier in his career.
Defenses with thug mentality like Baltimore, Giants and even Pittsburgh have been poison of late to him.
Edit: Having said this, I would still prefer no one else to Brady as QB of this team.

The issue isn't motivation or ability but Clark is right in what he says, at least partially as TB is fine during reg season save the occasional bad game that anyone else would have. But in the playoffs, he just hasn't been as fearless back there as he has earlier in his career.
Defenses with thug mentality like Baltimore, Giants and even Pittsburgh have been poison of late to him.
Edit: Having said this, I would still prefer no one else to Brady as QB of this team.

I wouldnt put the Steelers into that category.. Brady has handled the Steelers pretty well for most of his career

The one big phantom duck I recall was during the "pink" time when many players are wearing some for of pink. It was conceivable he was seeing his own player. did he have a couple, yes. Has any other quarterback moved because he thught there was something there? Probably.

Do other quarterbacks not move because they don't sense an opposing player? A great majority of them don't. Id Brady's spidey sense sometimes goes off (and were talking less than a percent here) at the wrong time, I'll live with the consequences.

a physical hard hitting defense that can rush the passer will almost always beat a great timing passing game, and it happens to the best of them Montana. Young. Manning, Marino Warner and even Tom Brady

I wouldnt put the Steelers into that category.. Brady has handled the Steelers pretty well for most of his career

Okay, I'll give you that. ;)

Nothing untrue about Clark's statement, but the fanboys and fantasy geeks will get their panties in a bunch about his words. Fact is, until Tom Brady and the Patriots BEAT a team of their equal or better than them in the playoffs (or regular season for that matter) Brady and the Patriots will have a "prove it to me" stigma about them. Going 6-0 or 5-1 in the division and beating the likes of Jacksonville and Tennessee on the road and Denver and Houston at home does not prove the mettle of a team. Go ahead and beat Baltimore or Seattle away or beat Baltimore in the playoffs - spare me the routs over Houston last season. Truth is the New England Patriots haven't won a game against a team better than them (home or away) or a team equal to them on the road (or home for that matter), since beating SD in the AFC Divisional round. Every time this team has come up against a real quality team, they lose - playoffs and regular season and Brady really plays poorly. Look at most of their losses since that SD game in 06 - name a game where the Patriots beat a real quality team???? Maybe @IND in 07? Perhaps @ PIT in '10? Other than that, they've failed against other good teams....
Look at the results from the 01, 03, 04 seasons - those are littered with games where the Pats just played great games against other really good teams....that's something this team has forgotten

Yeah if only brady would stop protecting himself and fight to stay on his feet like Big Ben, I mean we only need brady healthy for like 11 games right? how many games has ben missed the last couple of years? a lot right? i think its a lot.

Yeah if only brady would stop protecting himself and fight to stay on his feet like Big Ben, I mean we only need brady healthy for like 11 games right? how many games has ben missed the last couple of years? a lot right? i think its a lot.

Roethlisberger missed only four of 32 regular season games the last two years:

Ben Roethlisberger NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Big Ben missed the entire 2012-2013 playoffs, but so did every other member of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Uhh what Qb doesn't get rattled when he faces a few pressures and WR's don't get seperation

I agree, we were about timing, but now we have a deep guy and tommy will be like early Tom and 07 Tom. When the timing routes weren't there we couldn't get open and Tom running around to improvise gets him. Tom is fine though.

What a non-story. Ryan Clark's a tool who deserves no mention, let alon a story, on a Pat's site.

God, I hate the off-season.

Uhh what Qb doesn't get rattled when he faces a few pressures and WR's don't get seperation

Tom Brady...as of his last Super Bowl victory.

Since I've never laced 'em up and stepped between the lines to play this very violent game called NFL Football, I just don't feel I'm in a position to judge Clark's comments, one way or the other.

It's hard to argue with the results that Brady has delivered over the last four seasons, including another trip to the SB and a second League MVP. On the other hand, he hasn't closed the deal since 2004, though he didn't always get all the help he needed.

Bottom Line: I don't care if TB does or doesn't see "Ghosts" and if he does or doesn't "duck" or tuck or throw away the ball a nanosecond earlier than he used to do so. He is still one of the top three QB's in the NFL and that's good enough for me.

What Clark is saying is true, but its sort of a maddenism, if you catch the ball in the endzone, you'll get a touchdown. If you put pressure on the qb and play good one on one, you'll get incompletions it can be said about any offense. It's all about having the personal to do so, which the steelers don't.

Except for the 2011 game. But that game was more or less confusion oriented. The Steelers were stacking 8 in the box pre-snap with Polamalu dropping back into coverage after the snap. They were also playing exclusively press man, which was a change up to the zone blitz they usually showed. Even then, the offense eventually got on track. Unfortunately, our defense was pathetic at that time and couldn't stop a dead man from walking down the field.

Brady can get rattled when under a lot of pressure. This just in.... The sun rises in the east and sets in the west. Name a QB who doesn't get rattled a bit when he gets hit a lot. There aren't many. If any.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back