PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady sealed up the MVP last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Missing 70% i think it was? of this O production on the final drive to get into FG range like that? I mean that's just unreal.

Brady is definitely the MVP, but I am pretty sure they will be giving that to Cam Newton this year. They're dying to have someone new win it.

Cam will only win if the Panthers go undefeated in the regular season. If they lose any games, his mediocre stats will come up. Frankly, I think Cam's been damn good this year. But Brady's clearly the MVP, in my mind.

Ron Rivera's a shoo-in for coach of the year and Kuechly for defensive MVP, though.

Do I think the Panthers will go undefeated? Probably not. They still have four divisional games, two of them against the Falcons, and the Giants are always a wild card. I expect them to finish 14-2.

NFL writers are all about narrative, they will say he couldn't come through when it mattered and give the MVP to Cam or Palmer. Doesnt matter that he did all of this without his weapons

We know which MVP we all want Brady to Hoist.;) That last time he got that MVP we got a Playoffs exit.:rolleyes:

Cam will only win if the Panthers go undefeated in the regular season. If they lose any games, his mediocre stats will come up. Frankly, I think Cam's been damn good this year. But Brady's clearly the MVP, in my mind.

Ron Rivera's a shoo-in for coach of the year and Kuechly for defensive MVP, though.

Do I think the Panthers will go undefeated? Probably not. They still have four divisional games, two of them against the Falcons, and the Giants are always a wild card. I expect them to finish 14-2.
going undefeated is a really dumb reason to give someone the MVP, they should actually be the best not just the QB on an undefeated team. The only reason Cam is getting so much love is because the Panthers are undefeated and if him losing a game drops him out of the race then he shouldn't have been in it at all.

an insult to brady to have cam newton mentioned in the same page let alone sentence.
brady is clearly the best player but the media ( espn ) is hyping cam...

dont care about palmer.

Cam has played well and as valuable to his team as is brady. We all obviously want brady to win and he is the better QB for sure but I personally dont care if cam wins. He is not undeserving. The award really is not what it is called anyway .MVP is more of a statistical award than anything else.

going undefeated is a really dumb reason to give someone the MVP, they should actually be the best not just the QB on an undefeated team. The only reason Cam is getting so much love is because the Panthers are undefeated and if him losing a game drops him out of the race then he shouldn't have been in it at all.

But the Panthers are undefeated in large part because of Cam, so this seems reasonable.

It should be Brady but Cam might win it. Gotta start rooting for Panther's losses. I'd like to see Brady win a third, passes Montana.

Why are people anti cam ? Its not like he is surrounded by hall of famers. Their schedule ? Everyone's schedule is crap ..hardly any good teams in the league. Panthers wont be 11-0 without cam same as pats wouldnt be 10-1 without brady.
Also brady suffers from the fact he is brady (althought they never use that logic if its peyton manning)

Why are people anti cam ? Its not like he is surrounded by hall of famers. Their schedule ? Everyone's schedule is crap ..hardly any good teams in the league. Panthers wont be 11-0 without cam same as pats wouldnt be 10-1 without brady.
Also brady suffers from the fact he is brady (althought they never use that logic if its peyton manning)
Manning over Rivers for MVP in 2008 was a travesty

an insult to brady to have cam newton mentioned in the same page let alone sentence.
brady is clearly the best player but the media ( espn ) is hyping cam...

dont care about palmer.

Yup..cam and Brady don't belong together..doing so much with so little

Because he's been more game manager than MVP.
Agreed but brady was game manager in 2003-2004 too. I personally he is still the game manager as is every QB. Even BB said once in a presser when asked about brady "He manages the game , that the QB's job".
I am sure the panthers wont be 11-0 with any game manager QB out there.

Manning over Rivers for MVP in 2008 was a travesty
I think brady shouldve been real MVP in 2006. That was his best performance surrounded by a depelted cast. But i think LT or manning won it that it year based on stats. Thats how it always goes.
There was also an yr where manning won because there was no one to give to. Typical of the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back