Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
August 01, 2006
Day 5 open
FOXBOROUGH -- Welcome to Gillette Stadium, where the Patriots are preparing for their fifth day of training camp. This morning's session, in full pads, will mark the team's eighth practice since the opening of camp on July 28.

Quarterback Tom Brady has taken the field for this workout. He missed the last three practices. It also looks like he could be throwing to a new target, as rookie Chad Jackson is warming up on the field in his pads. Jackson has been on the team's physically unable to perform list, missing the first seven practices. Receiver Bam Childress, also on the PUP list, is also in pads warming up on the field.

As players walk to the practice fields, they can see motivational signs posted throughout Gillette Stadium. One of the last signs players see includes a quote from legendary basketball coach John Wooden: "Nothing will work unless you do."

One other note:

Remember all that talk about the Oklahoma drill on the first day of training camp? The Boston Globe's Ron Borges had a fine piece on the drill, which is still being used by some NFL teams. One team, the Jacksonville Jaguars, has made the drill part of its training camp regimen, according to this story in the Jacksonville Times-Union.

We'll have more to come throughout the day.

Re: Reiss Reports Brady, Jackson, Bam return to practice

All good news...nothing else left to do...so panic!!! I love it!! No need to worry at all..just a bit of time for the Soph and..now with 2 MORE receivers out there..a better idea of what the team will have. ALL good news from camp..I have to though wonder about injuries..players not practicing..like Graham, Mills, Light, Green and Hill...what's up with all them???

Re: Reiss Reports Brady, Jackson, Bam return to practice

Pats726 said:
All good news...nothing else left to do...so panic!!! I love it!! No need to worry at all..just a bit of time for the Soph and..now with 2 MORE receivers out there..a better idea of what the team will have. ALL good news from camp..I have to though wonder about injuries..players not practicing..like Graham, Mills, Light, Green and Hill...what's up with all them???

I have no idea what's up with Mills and Green. But Graham is still rehabbing from his two shoulder surgeries, and Hill hurt his ankle during camp. Light has been practicing off and on.

Last edited:
panicbutton.gif

Just in case anyone needs it! Maybe it should be stickied.:D

PATSNUTme said:
panicbutton.gif

Just in case anyone needs it! Maybe it should be stickied.:D

I pressed it and nothing happened. I demand a full refund.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brownfan80 said:
I pressed it and nothing happened. I demand a full refund.

Just pressing it should give you some relief. It's better than having nothing at all.

I would rather see guys get a practice off here and there or maybe several in a row than see us have a major injury.

It's going to be interesting to see throughout camp and pre season who wins the (hopefully) number 2 reciever spot.

I'm still on the Jackson bandwagon, but I must admit Reche has looked fantastic so far! Only time will tell! Good luck to both.

mavfan2390 said:
It's going to be interesting to see throughout camp and pre season who wins the (hopefully) number 2 reciever spot.

I'm still on the Jackson bandwagon, but I must admit Reche has looked fantastic so far! Only time will tell! Good luck to both.

To this point, Reche is the best story of TC. The reviews from every report have been startling good, and that story where he flubbed one and immediately dropped and did a voluntary 20 pushups is great!

shmessy said:
To this point, Reche is the best story of TC. The reviews from every report have been startling good, and that story where he flubbed one and immediately dropped and did a voluntary 20 pushups is great!

Hey shmessy I've been at a horse show the past 2 weeks and missed this story. Any idea's where I can find that one. I've been loving all this catch-up reading!:p

After the practice, running backs Corey Dillon and Laurence Maroney drew large media crowds, then Maroney made like a reporter and pretended to interview Dillon. It was one example of how the two are co-existing as they compete for playing time at running back.
And who said they couldnt co-exisist?

Originally Posted by shmessy

I'm praying he will stay healthy. :(

PatsChick87 said:
Hey shmessy I've been at a horse show the past 2 weeks and missed this story. Any idea's where I can find that one. I've been loving all this catch-up reading!:p
Use the Forum Jump Bar at the bottom of the page to go to the 2006 Training Camp reports - Karen amongst others noted Caldwell's push-ups. Reiss' Pieces is always one of my favorites to play catch-up.

Another horse-lady, sigh - one of my sisters was horse nuts and married a farrier, I always kid her that she fell in love with the way he swished his tail in sync with her horses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back