PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady raves about depth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Listening to Tom Brady on WEEI this morning was encouraging.

I loved hearing him say that the team had the most depth ever at running back. He said they also had the most depth ever at TE, and the most depth ever at offensive line. Of course, he was just talking offense, because as he said laughing 'I don't pay attention to the defense'.

Brings me back yet again to the clown Felger blasting the Patriots because they don't have depth like the Super Bowl teams did. But, I digress.

P.S. - He wasn't as positive on the WRs, but we all know that could change faster than you can say "Branch just signed, and Chad Jackson is healthy".

P.P.S. - Since he didn't bring up the defense, I will say that past LB squads appeared better on paper, but there is an argument to be made for the DB and DL depth being better with this team, as well.

Think it's most people's opinion at this point that the Pats have better depth.

WR and LB only concerns.

Bostonian1962 said:

I loved hearing him say that the team had the most depth ever at running back. He said they also had the most depth ever at TE, and the most depth ever at offensive line. Of course, he was just talking offense, because as he said laughing 'I don't pay attention to the defense'.

Brings me back yet again to the clown Felger blasting the Patriots because they don't have depth like the Super Bowl teams did. But, I digress.

P.S. - He wasn't as positive on the WRs, but we all know that could change faster than you can say "Branch just signed, and Chad Jackson is healthy".

P.P.S. - Since he didn't bring up the defense, I will say that past LB squads appeared better on paper, but there is an argument to be made for the DB and DL depth being better with this team, as well.

Felger did that schtick last night on Sports Final. How bad the Pats depth was.

Granted there are a few spots that are thin, most visibly WR, but if Deion comes back and Jackson becomes what we hope he can, that issue will be firmly resolved.

Linebacker? Seau looks like he could contribute alot more than anyone thought. TBC looks great.

Felger has a habit of beating something his feeble mind concocts to death, then finds somethings else to gripe over once he's proven wrong, again.

Slagathor said:
Felger did that schtick last night on Sports Final. How bad the Pats depth was.

Granted there are a few spots that are thin, most visibly WR, but if Deion comes back and Jackson becomes what we hope he can, that issue will be firmly resolved.

Linebacker? Seau looks like he could contribute alot more than anyone thought. TBC looks great.

Felger has a habit of beating something his feeble mind concocts to death, then finds somethings else to gripe over once he's proven wrong, again.

Wow, he brought this up again. He's a maroon! Like somebody said, he's a closet Colts fan.:)

Bostonian1962 said:

Said before Felger is a rating whore, he is up against the yellers on WEEI and will stop at nothing to increase his audience. He is playing the D&C card by being controversial about something, in this case the Pats. I like most of his columns and when he is co-host as an authority, but in this case he sucks.

*crosses fingers, legs, toes* All of this is true barring injuries.

So far, it looks like Bruschi, Chad Jackson, Tebucky and Chad Brown are doubts (and we lost Mel "we hardly knew you" Mitchell). Rodney is on the way back as is (maybe) Nick Kaczur. WR and LB apart, you have to like the way things are shaping up.

If Deion came back to camp, Chad got healthy and Bruschi recovered OK, there's no team you wouldn't have to like our chances against.

Can we start the season now, please??!!!

Last edited:
I've heard him criticize Favre so I don't know if he's such a big #4 fan any more but yeah, he's from Wisconsin and he grew up loving the Packers and the Brewers. For some strange reason he also grew up loving the Bruins.

I agree that his rant about Patriots depth is getting irritating but if I had to pick a rant (and you do) I guess I'd rather hear that than hear him rant about Vinitraitor. Again.

Last edited:
What he didn't like the Admirals?

If it says brady to it it is that there is to believe it.:D :D

Hoodie said:
I've heard him criticize Favre so I don't know if he's such a big #4 fan any more but yeah, he's from Wisconsin and he grew up loving the Packers and the Brewers. For some strange reason he also grew up loving the Bruins.

I agree that his rant about Patriots depth is getting irritating but if I had to pick a rant (and you do) I guess I'd rather hear that than hear him rant about Vinitraitor. Again.

Agree totally!

The Ghost will make us all happy IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back