PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady prep story (Hogan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One day BB is going to be banned from the league when his shifty white guy creation laboratory is discovered underneath Gillette.

Wish we could hear more stories like that about Jimmy ...

How Tom Brady and Chris Hogan planted seed for future connection

Agreed. I guess it is to be expected at this point in their respective developments, but we constantly see Brady taking charge at the line, calling audibles, moving people around, pointing out the Mike etc., and I haven't noticed Jimmy doing any of this pre-snap activity yet.

Hopefully it comes, in time, or maybe Brady is just a special QB who we can't compare others to.

Last edited:
One day BB is going to be banned from the league when his shifty white guy creation laboratory is discovered underneath Gillette.
Perhaps, but if the NFL survives long enough, some day BB will be universally considered the greatest innovator the game has ever seen.

Chris Hogan is really a fine compliment to Edelman a really nice inside/outside guy who should get better as he gets more comfortable and he seems durable too. With Mitchell and Dobson on the bench a really fine interchangeable group.

maybe Brady is just a special QB who we can't compare others to.

Maybe? He's the greatest to ever play. He was in full control the moment he stepped on the field after Bledsoe went down.

Its not about comparison.
Its about using the incredible opportunity to study greatness up close - of a man not even considered talented - and take the most of it.

Nobody's asking JG to be TB (well some do ...), but it would be nice to hear or see something like this also from him.

The best part is that he doesn't even create most of them. He just takes other teams' shifty white guys because they undervalue and/or have no idea how to use them.

How long is the other team's "butt hurt" half life?

20-30 years. That's the amount of time it'll take for today's < 11 year olds to become adults, and for current adults to have more children. Current adults will never get over the butt hurt. Kids under 11 can easily change and appreciate through video and stories.

I hated Paul Molitor and Alan Trammell with a passion as an 11 year old. Pretty much precisely because they always killed the Red Sox. Today I miss them and their playing style, and think that Trammell has unjustifiably gotten the shaft from the baseball HOF.

Agreed. I guess it is to be expected at this point in their respective developments, but we constantly see Brady taking charge at the line, calling audibles, moving people around, pointing out the Mike etc., and I haven't noticed Jimmy doing any of this pre-snap activity yet.

Hopefully it comes, in time, or maybe Brady is just a special QB who we can't compare others to.

Good point but was TB that much in charge his first couple of years?
Pretty sure that took a couple of years to develop.

To your first point, Brady has started 254 career games. Garoppolo has started 0. There is no reasonable basis for comparing their ability to take charge of the team, especially when the entire locker room knows that Garoppolo's season likely ends after week 4.

I wonder who'll be there with him in his film watching chamber?
I have no doubt he'll be ready as hell for the Browns&Bengals&Steelers....

Actually catching passes from Orton and Taylor is much more of an accomplishment, and significantly rarer.
True but Brady generally doesn't throw it so high as to hang his receivers out to dry..like Cam did to ****son when he got lit up by Butler last week......

I would calculate it, but I don't know the initial butt hurt of the teams nor the decay constant of butt hurt.View attachment 13903

counting-french-numbers-joey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back