PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady or Manning on the Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.

indycolts685

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I just started this thread for the fun of it, I figured I would get more intelligent responses here on this board, just wondering how you all would think that Manning or Brady would do playing on such a bad team without having that so called "supporting cast" Do you think either or both could make the dolphins an instant winner by just plugging Manning or Brady into the starting QB job? Now I know this will never happen, just curious what everybody thinks

Last edited:
If Ronnie Brown was healthy either would make the Fins offense much better but this was the year when Miami's defense finally got old so neither would make them a winner but they would certainly win more games. Miami has a bunch of close loses I think either of them could account for wins in at least some of those games.

I just started this thread for the fun of it, I figured I would get more intelligent responses here on this board, just wondering how you all would think that Manning or Brady would do playing on such a bad team without having that so called "supporting cast" Do you think either or both could make the dolphins an instant winner by just plugging Manning or Brady into the starting QB job? Now I know this will never happen, just curious what everybody thinks

Leadership skills are a factor but a top-notch QB with sub-par receivers doesn't mean a thing. If there is no blocking on the O line then how can he look for a receiver? There are many supportive roles that help that QB to make him what he is. A QB cannot carry a team. A RB cannot carry a team. "Teamwork" is a lot more prevalent than some other sports. That is why I respect players like LT that give it up to the support that gives them the opportunity to shine before they praise themselves. So the answer is NO.

Leadership skills are a factor but a top-notch QB with sub-par receivers doesn't mean a thing. If there is no blocking on the O line then how can he look for a receiver? There are many supportive roles that help that QB to make him what he is. A QB cannot carry a team. A RB cannot carry a team. "Teamwork" is a lot more prevalent than some other sports. That is why I respect players like LT that give it up to the support that gives them the opportunity to shine before they praise themselves. So the answer is NO.

The Patriots made the AFC Championship Game last year with Reche Caldwell as the leading receiver, so you can't say that a top notch QB with sub-par receivers doesn't mean a thing. The QB is the most important player on any football team, times 5.

Don't think Brady could make the Dolphins a contender, but they'd win a game now and again.

And what does LT have to do with this? Every football player since Red F*ckin Grange has praised his teammates for their success.

We have seen what brady is capable of doing without star WR's... Manning is "?" right now.

Right now the Dolphins defense couldn't stop El Tuna High.

We are on our 4th and 5th string safties, Zach Thomas has been beat up all year, and there is no depth on the line and that's never a good thing when your line is full of 35 year olds.

That said, the offense is really progressing. Quarterback play was killing us early in the year and ROnnie Brown was keeping us in games. If we had Brown, Bell and Thomas for all of our games so far we'd be at least 3-5. Against the Jets and Raiders Bell and Thomas would've helped our run defense big time while against the Giants in London having Ronnie Brown would've easily given us the win.

With that said, if we had Manning/Brady and Brown, we'd be at least 4-4 right now. Chris Chambers would still be a Dolphin and would be in the top 5 in catches, yards and TDs with one of those QBs.

Last edited:
if the dolphins had brady they would be outscoring teams 57-7 every week.

If Aqua was a decent person he'd be paying charities instead of ripping them off.

if the dolphins had brady they would be outscoring teams 57-7 every week.

If Aqua was a decent person he'd be paying charities instead of ripping them off.
Brady's a great qb and all, but hes not the only reason the Pats are blowing guys out.

Everything, everything starts with the QB on offense. Yes he needs help, but without a solid QB nothing works...Look at Cleveland this year.

Everything, everything starts with the QB on offense. Yes he needs help, but without a solid QB nothing works...Look at Cleveland this year.
lol Frye was the starter for about a half of a game. Theres no way to tell that the Browns would be any worse had he been the starter all along, when the Browns put Anderson in against the steelers, he really didn't do anything special. Btw the last time that I checked, everything starts with the offensive line, alot of qb's can be made to look good if they are given plenty of time to throw.

Look, I'd have Brady's baby at this point :singing: , but........... even I would have to say that he would only be limited help to the Doofin's this year. Manning, even less so.

The are in serious flux, and I actually love it.

Last edited:
alot of qb's can be made to look good if they are given plenty of time to throw.

I think our o-line is finally getting good, Brady is actually getting a couple of extra seconds back there. :cool:

If Ronnie Brown was healthy .

He was healthy the first few games until they played NE... Didn't help them too much.

Either QB would be good, not to say that Lemon is a horrible qb.. But having a DEF that can't do squat is whats hurting their team. They are like a less potent version of the bengals...

lol Frye was the starter for about a half of a game. Theres no way to tell that the Browns would be any worse had he been the starter all along, when the Browns put Anderson in against the steelers, he really didn't do anything special. Btw the last time that I checked, everything starts with the offensive line, alot of qb's can be made to look good if they are given plenty of time to throw.

Thats what I thought, I have no idea how good the OL is of the dolphins, I only used them for my example because they appear to be the worst team in the league at this point based on there record, and was wondering if anybody felt it was possible to have a QB the caliber of Brady or Manning make a huge impact on a team like that. I don't think the dolphins would be undefeated or anything but I think both Brady and Manning make average receivers better as they both demand excellence, I think what Aqua4Ever04 said is a pretty fair assesment that they could be 4-4...I know this thread is kind of pointless and appreciate the good replies, I just might have to try and sim some seasons in Madden and see what happens although im sure it won't be a very accurate simulation..

I think the offensive line is more important. Look at Tennessee, you can't play a whole lot worse then Vince Young is playing at the Titans are 6-2.

I think the offensive line is more important. Look at Tennessee, you can't play a whole lot worse then Vince Young is playing at the Titans are 6-2.

Well sure you can play a whole lot worse than VY. It's called being a Miami Doofins QB.

Well sure you can play a whole lot worse than VY. It's called being a Miami Doofins QB.

Vince averages an INT and a fumble per game in his career and the offense is currently scoring under 20, Young is terrible.

Vince averages an INT and a fumble per game in his career and the offense is currently scoring under 20, Young is terrible.

ummmm so is your win loss record. 6-2 vs 0-8. i would take a stinky winning qb vs you. pahahahaha.

ummmm so is your win loss record. 6-2 vs 0-8. i would take a stinky winning qb vs you. pahahahaha.

Yeah, avoid the topic, good job.

Can't debate someone's record, the Fins are 0-8, I know that. If you feel the need to keep saying it you're pathetic. Please, refute the Vince Young argument or shutup.

Last edited:
Yeah, avoid the topic, good job.

Can't debate someone's record, the Fins are 0-8, I know that. If you feel the need to keep saying it you're pathetic. Please, refute the Vince Young argument or shutup.
pay your lost bets you piece of sh-t

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey